• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

grown children away from GOD

• Administrators

I'm not sure I can answer this question because I'm not sure exactly what the question is. Are you talking about taking a stand on the Bible and your children rebelled against it? if so, my answer may will depend on the age of the children when you took that stand.

I do know that for me personally, I believe that my family is my first ministry. Before the church comes my family

• Members
47 minutes ago, preacher said:

Just wondering, how many of you have taken a stand for God and nearly lost your children as a result?

re "grown children" ,   many faithful believers have lost their grown children,  regardless of taking a stand or not.   Just noticed you said specifically "as a result" though -  yes,  that has happened frequently also, 

especially when children are raised in the way of the world and not in Christ Jesus Way and Life.

After children get 'exposed' to the world - whether teachers, friends, radio, internet, media, television, or whatever,  they get tempted to neglect their parents ,  to ignore God,  and to live as they please,  and that's what happens most of the time , in the world at least.   If there is a faithful group amongst whom this does not happen usually,  make note of that group and adhere to them strongly, in Christ, as long as God Permits .  That is one of many ,  and one of the most important maybe,  indications of a group abiding in Christ Jesus,  vs those that go worldly.   Everything is subject to testing/ proving true.

• 3 months later...
  • Members
On 7/31/2021 at 12:53 PM, Martyr_4_FutureJoy said:

re "grown children" ,   many faithful believers have lost their grown children,  regardless of taking a stand or not.   Just noticed you said specifically "as a result" though -  yes,  that has happened frequently also, 

especially when children are raised in the way of the world and not in Christ Jesus Way and Life.

After children get 'exposed' to the world - whether teachers, friends, radio, internet, media, television, or whatever,  they get tempted to neglect their parents ,  to ignore God,  and to live as they please,  and that's what happens most of the time , in the world at least.   If there is a faithful group amongst whom this does not happen usually,  make note of that group and adhere to them strongly, in Christ, as long as God Permits .  That is one of many ,  and one of the most important maybe,  indications of a group abiding in Christ Jesus,  vs those that go worldly.   Everything is subject to testing/ proving true.

Three out of 4 of mine returned to the World, or not having fellowship with believers or the church. Raise up in a Christian home, church, and school. 

I pray that they return some day. They are in the Lord’s hands. That’s all we can do. We live our life, and the children or young adults, live theirs.

• Members
8 hours ago, E Morales said:

Three out of 4 of mine returned to the World, or not having fellowship with believers or the church. Raise up in a Christian home, church, and school. 

I pray that they return some day. They are in the Lord’s hands. That’s all we can do. We live our life, and the children or young adults, live theirs.

Many will leave for a short time, but many also return to the faith when they finally realize that what they were taught as children is the truth, not the lies from the world.