• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Should We Obey The Government If They Make The Vaccines Mandatory?

• Members
2 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Does not matter. The principle is the same. To protect the populace as a whole others should either be isolated or forced to be given the vaccine or be tested weekly. It is not an abuse of power to protect the majority.

Where is your concern for others. Show me where in the Bible it says to put self above all others?

It is not a Nazi takeover. Do you not believe the Bible gives us indications on how we are to live and help or protect others?

I believe in protecting others, BB, but not at the expense of my own health, nor that of my wife. And, yes, it certainly DOES matter. The principle is NOWHERE near the same because of the high number of recoveries vs. deaths. Don't try to push your ideology on me, because it won't bode well for you, sir.  It certainly WOULD BE a Nazi takeover, as Hitler used the same false ideology you are espousing her on these forums. I can't believe that you are so old and blind that you'd be the deceived.

• Members

It is the responsibility of all who abide in Christ Jesus NOT to go along with the deception and the evil doers in darkness,  but rather to OPENLY EXPOSE IT for the fraud it is.  Yes, definitely,  tell everyone NOT to get the toxic shot.  If you don't know why, find out.

• Members
2 minutes ago, jeff_student_of_Jesus said:

That's just like ol' slewfoot -  give everyone the mark of the beast to protect everyone.... yep.  

Blindness of the world under slewfoot - a kind of dementia most places. 

Jeff, either get with the thread's intent, or please, start your own. Thank you.

• Members
Just now, BrotherTony said:

Jeff, either get with the thread's intent, or please, start your own. Thank you.

Sometimes you seem to get it,  sometimes you don't seem to understand.    Speak Clearly.

The government (and pharmakeia deceiving the whole world as written) is under the control of ol' slewfoot, as written in Ephesians, Galatians, and Revelation. 

Going along with it mindlessly,  promoting the evil it does,  is not right in any form according to God and all Scripture.

• Members
4 minutes ago, Disciple.Luke said:

Agreed.

There is an older couple at church who have been going around telling other members or emailing saying NOT to get the vaccine. That is going a little too far in my opinion. If someone asks their advice about why they have chosen to not get it then by all means explain.

I haven't been vaccinated but I almost never bring up my decision unless it's in context of discussion because it's such a personal decision.

I am friends with a Muslim girl in Sudan and even there many people are refusing to take the vaccine because they're just as suspicious of the vaccine as we are. 

We had a man in our church, the "worship leader," who told our pastor that he wanted everyone in the church to wear masks or be vaccinated or he was resigning. He basically gave our pastor an ultimatum. It was handled well by the pastor. He told him that he couldn't force anyone to do those things, and he regretted losing him. It's such a divisive issue, with many living so much in fear that it's pathetic. I know several Hindu and Muslim people who are declining the vaccine as well for the reasons you stated.

1 minute ago, jeff_student_of_Jesus said:

Sometimes you seem to get it,  sometimes you don't seem to understand.    Speak Clearly.

The government (and pharmakeia deceiving the whole world as written) is under the control of ol' slewfoot, as written in Ephesians, Galatians, and Revelation. 

Going along with it mindlessly,  promoting the evil it does,  is not right in any form according to God and all Scripture.

I get it all too well. I know that your babbling isn't productive and has little or nothing to do with the thread most of the time...is that plain enough for you, Jeff? Not trying to be cruel, but DEFINITELY try to get across to you that incessant babbling isn't useful. We all know your views on the pharmecuetical companies. We know that they are deceivers, as are many of the doctors, and government leaders. These points have already been made time and time again. Not just by me, but by others in the thread...and NOT in vague cryptic sentences like you are using. For some of us, your way of posting ends up being nothing more than redundant babbling.

• Members
9 minutes ago, jeff_student_of_Jesus said:

It is the responsibility of all who abide in Christ Jesus NOT to go along with the deception and the evil doers in darkness,  but rather to OPENLY EXPOSE IT for the fraud it is.  Yes, definitely,  tell everyone NOT to get the toxic shot.  If you don't know why, find out.

Now, this is somewhat of an intelligible statement. And, I can agree with it. Those of us who oppose getting the vaccine ARE openly exposing it. It makes us very unpopular, but most people who stand up for themselves ARE unpopular.

7 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

I believe in protecting others, BB, but not at the expense of my own health, nor that of my wife. And, yes, it certainly DOES matter. The principle is NOWHERE near the same because of the high number of recoveries vs. deaths. Don't try to push your ideology on me, because it won't bode well for you, sir.  It certainly WOULD BE a Nazi takeover, as Hitler used the same false ideology you are espousing her on these forums. I can't believe that you are so old and blind that you'd be the deceived.

No, the principle is the same. I understand. You and I are Americans. We place great importance on individual rights. But sometimes the good of the majority must take precedence over the individual. You are much less likely to have you health harmed from the vaccination than in catching COVID.

Regardless, the madidates are coming. It is simply a matter of time. 

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-vaccine-mandates-support-health-workers-4055b559-6d32-4824-a2a0-976e483c8d6a.html 

State governments, private businesses and even part of the federal government are suddenly embracing mandatory coronavirus vaccinations for their employees. 

I find it hard to believe that you simply do not care about others enough to get vaccinated. It is safe.

• Members
14 minutes ago, jeff_student_of_Jesus said:

That's just like ol' slewfoot -  give everyone the mark of the beast to protect everyone.... yep.  

Please, Jeff...prove this IS the mark of the beast...I'm not so sure that it is. I believe it could be a dry run for the mark.

3 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

I've heard a LOT of different takes on this, not just from saved, but the unsaved as well. The Bible tells us in Titus 3:1

1Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work, 

then in

Romans 13:1- Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Some are saying that we, as Christians should put aside our fear or dislike of the vaccines and get vaccinated for the sake of the other members of society, that our stance against the vaccines is a hindrance to our witness to the people of this world. I can see their point, but I also see the point of sticking with our principles as long as they aren't violating major Scriptural doctrines. 

Ephesians 6:12 has been my answer of late:

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Your input?

To me, yes, it puts a huge hindrance to your witness for Christ as it shows you do not really care about others. 

• Members
4 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

We know that they are deceivers, as are many of the doctors, and government leaders. These points have already been made time and time again. Not just by me, but by others in the thread.

Then,   it ought to be understood that posting and promoting those deceivers ,  or talking with the deceivers,  is not something for believers to do,  but rather to expose, as the Bible says clearly.

Simple message.  Repeat each and any time the deceivers message is presented, instead of allowing it to be promoted as if it was true.

• Members
2 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

No, the principle is the same. I understand. You and I are Americans. We place great importance on individual rights. But sometimes the good of the majority must take precedence over the individual. You are much less likely to have you health harmed from the vaccination than in catching COVID.

Regardless, the madidates are coming. It is simply a matter of time. 

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-vaccine-mandates-support-health-workers-4055b559-6d32-4824-a2a0-976e483c8d6a.html 

State governments, private businesses and even part of the federal government are suddenly embracing mandatory coronavirus vaccinations for their employees. 

I find it hard to believe that you simply do not care about others enough to get vaccinated. It is safe.

As I've stated many times, and at least once in this thread, my wife and I both have underlying health conditions that would prohibit us from getting vaccinated. That said, even if we COULD get the I we would decline just because of the high recovery rate involved, which again you have intentionally overlooked. For me it's not a matter of caring...If you feel you NEED the vaccine, which apparently you did, and have probably already been vaccinated...I would tell you to get th vaccine. If it's so safe, why are so many people having horrendous side affects? Hmmmm??? I know they keep testing my neice for blood clots, and they've been testing my father for them as well. He should never have had the vaccine, having had two major heart attacks and three strokes. It's just not feasible.

3 minutes ago, jeff_student_of_Jesus said:

Then,   it ought to be understood that posting and promoting those deceivers ,  or talking with the deceivers,  is not something for believers to do,  but rather to expose, as the Bible says clearly.

Simple message.  Repeat each and any time the deceivers message is presented, instead of allowing it to be promoted as if it was true.

Then the only person you need to be posting your inane statements on, and you know which ones I'm speaking of...is Bouncing Bill. He's pretty much the only government apologist here. LOL

8 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

To me, yes, it puts a huge hindrance to your witness for Christ as it shows you do not really care about others. 

Again, apparently you cannot read. You keep attributing "not caring for others" to me, you're going to have a problem you don't want.

• Members
48 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:
1 hour ago, jeff_student_of_Jesus said:

Please, Jeff...prove this IS the mark of the beast...I'm not so sure that it is. I believe it could be a dry run for the mark.

Not required.   You and others have already and for a long time realized it is of the 'beast' system.  Ol' slewfoot continues to say to people worldwide - go ahead,  give/get/ the mark don't worry about this (many pastors have been saying this for over a decade!) it is to protect everyone.   A bold lie just like in the Garden to Eve and to Adam.    Decades ago,  reading the Word of God, the Bible,  it was clear that the mark of the beast, and the pharmacy,  would deceive everyone - the whole world,  all society,  except the remnant by God's Grace.  Realizing the whole world was or would be deceived,  it was obvious it would not go one day people not deceived to over night all of a sudden everyone is deceived,  no.   It was insidious,  wide spread,  and growing ,  all along.  The deception has been for generations until now as written in The Apocalypse pervasive not just throughout society,  but by society all along (society is not Godly) ,  and it has seemed since 1995 that fewer and fewer people or churches know or care about the truth or trust Jesus.

Is this shot the mark ?  Who knows?   Could it be ?   Could it be a requirement to be able to buy or sell,  etc ?   Yes.  That's the direction many governments and banks and medical and stores have gone toward.   So could it be the mark  ?   Yes,.  Does it have to be?  No.