• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Should We Obey The Government If They Make The Vaccines Mandatory?

• Members

I've heard a LOT of different takes on this, not just from saved, but the unsaved as well. The Bible tells us in Titus 3:1

1Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work, 

then in

Romans 13:1- Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Some are saying that we, as Christians should put aside our fear or dislike of the vaccines and get vaccinated for the sake of the other members of society, that our stance against the vaccines is a hindrance to our witness to the people of this world. I can see their point, but I also see the point of sticking with our principles as long as they aren't violating major Scriptural doctrines. 

Ephesians 6:12 has been my answer of late:

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Your input?

• Members

The most successful healer in the United States history said plainly no.  He would go to jail before allowing himself or his family to get the vaccines.  He knew clearly what is in the vaccines - they are toxic,  no question about it.

That's what I learned also in medical and pharmacy school - no doctor would allow his own family to get the vaccines.  They would even write their own medical excemptions if needed to avoid the toxic shots.

• Members
15 minutes ago, jeff_student_of_Jesus said:

The most successful healer in the United States history said plainly no.  He would go to jail before allowing himself or his family to get the vaccines.  He knew clearly what is in the vaccines - they are toxic,  no question about it.

That's what I learned also in medical and pharmacy school - no doctor would allow his own family to get the vaccines.  They would even write their own medical excemptions if needed to avoid the toxic shots.

I've had several pharmacists tell me that they wouldn't accept the vaccine, even if it meant their losing their jobs. If the governor of the State of Tennessee decides to go back to mask mandating, or to actually mandating the vaccines, then many people will be losing their jobs.

• Moderators

The question here it would be what are the government’s realms of authority. Is health something the government is to be deciding for each individual person, or is the care and maintenance of our bodies our responsibility. If the latter, then the government is making directives in the area over which it has no legitimate authority. As such, we are not mandated to obey. 

We know perfectly well that just because the Bible speaks of generally obeying the government, doesn’t mean that we always specifically have to obey them.  The early believers defied the governments orders to worship the emperor as God, or deny Christ. The government has no authority over the church, as Christ is the head of the church. 

My stance is that if the government is behaving illegitimately - without authority - then we have no need to obey its illegitimate orders. This perspective is fueled by the fact that this particular kind of government is supposed to be representing the wishes of its people, not ruling authoritatively (as a dictatorship, for example). 

• Members

Obedience to human rulers ends when those rulers promote the works of evil and punish the works of good.

Rom.13 [1] Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
[2] Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
[3] For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
[4] For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
[5] Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

Remember first century believers obeyed their principalities only when those principalities were a terror to the evil and not in support of evil. Soon your principalities will also ban Christ from private life just as they did with public life decades ago.

Acts 5: [26] Then went the captain with the officers, and brought them without violence: for they feared the people, lest they should have been stoned.
[27] And when they had brought them, they set them before the council: and the high priest asked them,
[28] Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.
[29] Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
[30] The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.
[31] Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
[32] And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

• Members
3 minutes ago, wretched said:

Obedience to human rulers ends when those rulers promote the works of evil and punish the works of good.

Human rulers all of our lives and our parents lives and our greandparents lives have promoted the works of evil and punished the works of good (honest truthful people).

Of course the government should either require people take the vaccine or get checked weekly.

After all, people with communicable diseases in the Bible were forced to isolate themselves. Remember the lepers and how they had to keep away from others or announce their walking near people by calling out, "Unclean, unclean!"

So, if it was approved in the Bible, why do you fight it? 

1. Leviticus 13:21, “But if the priest looks at it, and behold, there are no white hairs in it and it is not lower than the skin and is faded, then the priest shall isolate him for seven days;”
  2. Leviticus 13:46, “He shall remain unclean all the days during which he has the infection; he is unclean. He shall live alone; his dwelling shall be outside the camp.”
  3. Numbers 5:2, “Command the sons of Israel that they send away from the camp every leper and everyone having a discharge and everyone who is unclean because of a dead person.”

They didn't have COVID, but they tried to protect people who were sick and to protect the healthy from those who might make them sick.

Typhoid Mary, Mary Mallon,  was forced to isolate herself. She was quarantined for three years to keep her from infecting others.  

• Members

The godless, demonic controlled medical system and government today is nothing like Israel was when they were serving the One True God.

The government and the medical system is "UNCLEAN!"  "UNCLEAN" and very idolatrous, as are those who serve it instead of serving Jesus.

19 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Numbers 5:2, “Command the sons of Israel that they send away from the camp every leper and everyone having a discharge and everyone who is unclean because of a dead person.”

Send away from God's People all those who serve a godless ungodly government or godless ungodly medical system,  the system of the world/ antichrist system.

Remember those all are unclean who bring a false gospel ,  those who bow down to idols of godless medicine or godless government,  are not even to be greeted when passing them at all,  and never eat with them.    Those who greet them are subject to being punished for the same sin as they are, idolatry and a false gospel.

Stay away from all those who bring a false gospel in religion, government or medicine,  or be subject not to man's judgment , but to God's Wrath.

• Members

I have never posted about anything political on here but this is such a huge topic and I've seen personally how the Body is dividing over it. 

I personally have not chosen to get vaccinated yet because something about it makes me feel very uncomfortable.

If the government demanded it I would probably do as they asked but I would also support those who would refuse. I just don't feel like it's the governments place to force things like this even if it involves our lives. I don't see it as much difference as telling the Snake Handlers Christians that why can't do something dangerous as an act of faith. I also don't believe the government should make Jehovah's witnesses get blood transfusions even if their lives depended on it (except for maybe when it comes to a minor) and also for Christians who refuse to join the military and participate in war.

• Members
45 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Of course the government should either require people take the vaccine or get checked weekly.

After all, people with communicable diseases in the Bible were forced to isolate themselves. Remember the lepers and how they had to keep away from others or announce their walking near people by calling out, "Unclean, unclean!"

So, if it was approved in the Bible, why do you fight it? 

1. Leviticus 13:21, “But if the priest looks at it, and behold, there are no white hairs in it and it is not lower than the skin and is faded, then the priest shall isolate him for seven days;”
  2. Leviticus 13:46, “He shall remain unclean all the days during which he has the infection; he is unclean. He shall live alone; his dwelling shall be outside the camp.”
  3. Numbers 5:2, “Command the sons of Israel that they send away from the camp every leper and everyone having a discharge and everyone who is unclean because of a dead person.”

They didn't have COVID, but they tried to protect people who were sick and to protect the healthy from those who might make them sick.

Typhoid Mary, Mary Mallon,  was forced to isolate herself. She was quarantined for three years to keep her from infecting others.  

You're comparing apples and oranges again, BB. Typhoid was a much more dangerous disease than the coronavirus. And leprosy was a disease that has an INNOCULATION, not just a temporary fix like this vaccine. It may not have had it back then, but it could very easily be spread to other people. Still, there were many who worked among the lepers that never contracted the disease. The recovery rate for the coronavirus makes the vaccines virtually unnecessary. They don't seem to provide any TRUE protection, as people can catch the virus over and over again, even after being vaccinated and while still wearing masks. To force people to take a vaccine with this high of a recovery rate is an abuse of power, and an overreach of the government we elected, and who is allegedly working for us. It's become all too clear that they are taking it upon themselves to be our dictators. Welcome to another Nazi takeover!

• Members
11 minutes ago, Disciple.Luke said:

I have never posted about anything political on here but this is such a huge topic and I've seen personally how the Body is dividing over it. 

I personally have not chosen to get vaccinated yet because something about it makes me feel very uncomfortable.

If the government demanded it I would probably do as they asked but I would also support those who would refuse. I just don't feel like it's the governments place to force things like this even if it involves our lives. I don't see it as much difference as telling the Snake Handlers Christians that why can't do something dangerous as an act of faith. I also don't believe the government should make Jehovah's witnesses get blood transfusions even if their lives depended on it (except for maybe when it comes to a minor) and also for Christians who refuse to join the military and participate in war.

And as I tell everyone else,brother, if you feel you need the vaccination, go ahead and get it. I don't want anyone who feels they need it to NOT get it. I've not got any problem with people in my family who have gotten the vaccines, but they have problems with our decision to decline. It's shameful how many people have swallowed the government Kool-Aid and are still living in fear. They haven't done heir due-diligence and looked at the true numbers of recovery, deaths, and alleged deaths with covid as a possibiity...and that's just what most of the reported deaths w/covid  are...possibilities. There's been an abuse by the medical establishment in reporting deaths with covid as a secondary or tertiary issue. We have had experience with that in our family...a death having covid listed as a contributing factor when it couldn't have been, as the person had just had covid and had just been released as clear of the virus.

8 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

You're comparing apples and oranges again, BB. Typhoid was a much more dangerous disease than the coronavirus. And leprosy was a disease that has an INNOCULATION, not just a temporary fix like this vaccine. It may not have had it back then, but it could very easily be spread to other people. Still, there were many who worked among the lepers that never contracted the disease. The recovery rate for the coronavirus makes the vaccines virtually unnecessary. They don't seem to provide any TRUE protection, as people can catch the virus over and over again, even after being vaccinated and while still wearing masks. To force people to take a vaccine with this high of a recovery rate is an abuse of power, and an overreach of the government we elected, and who is allegedly working for us. It's become all too clear that they are taking it upon themselves to be our dictators. Welcome to another Nazi takeover!

Does not matter. The principle is the same. To protect the populace as a whole others should either be isolated or forced to be given the vaccine or be tested weekly. It is not an abuse of power to protect the majority.

Where is your concern for others. Show me where in the Bible it says to put self above all others?

It is not a Nazi takeover. Do you not believe the Bible gives us indications on how we are to live and help or protect others?

• Members
1 minute ago, BrotherTony said:

And as I tell everyone else,brother, if you feel you need the vaccination, go ahead and get it. I don't want anyone who feels they need it to NOT get it. I've not got any problem with people in my family who have gotten the vaccines, but they have problems with our decision to decline. It's shameful how many people have swallowed the government Kool-Aid and are still living in fear. They haven't done heir due-diligence and looked at the true numbers of recovery, deaths, and alleged deaths with covid as a possibiity...and that's just what most of the reported deaths w/covid  are...possibilities. There's been an abuse by the medical establishment in reporting deaths with covid as a secondary or tertiary issue. We have had experience with that in our family...a death having covid listed as a contributing factor when it couldn't have been, as the person had just had covid and had just been released as clear of the virus.

Agreed.

There is an older couple at church who have been going around telling other members or emailing saying NOT to get the vaccine. That is going a little too far in my opinion. If someone asks their advice about why they have chosen to not get it then by all means explain.

I haven't been vaccinated but I almost never bring up my decision unless it's in context of discussion because it's such a personal decision.

I am friends with a Muslim girl in Sudan and even there many people are refusing to take the vaccine because they're just as suspicious of the vaccine as we are.