• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

28 Abducted Baptist School Students Freed In Nigeria

• Members

This stuff happens over in Africa all the time usually ending in complete tragedy. So thank God for this one so far. We don't know how blessed we are here where we can go to church and not worry about these terrorists attacks, at least not as of yet.

Edited by SureWord

• Members
22 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

Praise the Lord! 28 Baptist school students who had been abducted in Nigeria have been freed!

https://onenewsnow.com/ap/world/28-abducted-baptist-school-students-freed-in-nigeria

I was reading this same story on the Christianity Today website and they mentioned that Nigeria is the 9th most dangerous country for Christians.

It's unbelievable that they can't find ways to prevent many of these incidents when it comes to children.

I suppose no security is fool proof but I cant even get into my son's Private Baptist school without pressing a button for them to see who is at the door and get let inside. 

If any children are under threat there they need to at least provide security that is armed better than the kidnappers. ?

• Members
2 hours ago, Disciple.Luke said:

I was reading this same story on the Christianity Today website and they mentioned that Nigeria is the 9th most dangerous country for Christians.

It's unbelievable that they can't find ways to prevent many of these incidents when it comes to children.

I suppose no security is fool proof but I cant even get into my son's Private Baptist school without pressing a button for them to see who is at the door and get let inside. 

If any children are under threat there they need to at least provide security that is armed better than the kidnappers. ?

I agree that security should be beefed up there. The only problem is that most of these missionary run schools don't have the funds to pay private securtiy. It seems to me that knowing the risks, they would make more of an effort to make sure that some kind of security is there and strengthened past the minimums.

• Members
7 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

I agree that security should be beefed up there. The only problem is that most of these missionary run schools don't have the funds to pay private securtiy. It seems to me that knowing the risks, they would make more of an effort to make sure that some kind of security is there and strengthened past the minimums.

Good point. I wasn't really looking at it from the view of the missionaries themselves as much as I was the Nigerian government.  I had to look up the Nigerian President on Wikipedia and he sounds as worthless as most elected officials in Africa. He apparently supports sharia  law in Northern Nigeria but went to war with Boko Haram (Probably only because they were a threat to him). I always believed Nigeria was well balanced with Muslims and Christian relations compared to most of Africa but it seems I was mistaking.

• Members
5 minutes ago, Disciple.Luke said:

Good point. I wasn't really looking at it from the view of the missionaries themselves as much as I was the Nigerian government.  I had to look up the Nigerian President on Wikipedia and he sounds as worthless as most elected officials in Africa. He apparently supports sharia  law in Northern Nigeria but went to war with Boko Haram (Probably only because they were a threat to him). I always believed Nigeria was well balanced with Muslims and Christian relations compared to most of Africa but it seems I was mistaking.

I think we ALL were mistaken on the President of Nigeria. He's weak, and IMHO, a coward. Most of these African nations usually have presidents who are weak and can be controlled by rebel factions. I know that when I was growing up, our church had a missionary lady who lived in the Central African Republic. She had to leave in a great hurry during one of her terms over there because one of the rebel groups was taking the country in a communist direction and she would have been killed. That was overturned in just a couple of short years, and she returned, only to have to go to another African nation to avoid such an action again when the newly elected president of the CAR was threatened with assassination. She also called for better protections for not only the Christian schools that had been set up in that country, but for the Christian missionaries who were being threatened, not only by the communists, but by the Muslims.