• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pastor David Jeremiah Says The Cancel Culture Against Christ: Could Be A Sign Of The End Times

• Members

Dr. David Jeremiah, Pastor of the Shadow Mountain Community Church in El Cajon, California stated in a sermon this past Sunday that the cancel culture's goal of ostracizing and punishing people in society is in direct conflict with the commands of Jesus Christ to love God and others.

https://onenewsnow.com/church/2021/07/25/david-jeremiah-cancel-culture-is-unbiblical-a-sign-of-end-times

• Members

I'm not sure about that. Certain behaviors and words probably should be "canceled" or we wouldn't be where we are today. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), in a free society it doesn't work that way.

Freedom only works within a righteous framework. The American culture at the time of the writing of the Constitution and Bill of Rights was primarily a Judaeo/Christian society. So freedom wouldn't be abused or used as a cloak for wickedness. Wicked people can thrive within our culture and grow like tares among wheat.

It seems to me that the overemphasis on the love of God and the meekness of Christ in preaching and theology over the last 60 years has contributed to the mess we are in now.

• Members
16 hours ago, SureWord said:

It seems to me that the overemphasis on the love of God and the meekness of Christ in preaching and theology over the last 60 years has contributed to the mess we are in now.

Well said and I could not agree with you more! I've noticed this problem in probably 95% of the churches I've ever been in. This is exactly what I was emphasizing in a different thread a few days back when I mentioned that Christians should be cautious of trying to be MORE forgiving than Jesus on issues related to sins. I've have become increasingly frustrated with people taking verses out of context like Matthew 7:1 implying that Christians can never make any kind of moral judgement or stand.

Edited by Disciple.Luke