• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pastor Conferences and Meetings

• Members
8 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

Do any of you pastors attend any Pastor Meetings or conferences throughout the year? I usually attend 3-4 per year which includes Church Planting Conferences and such.

I'm heading to NJ for a Pastor's Conference this week

Summit 2021 (northeastvision.org)

I used to, though I have never been anything other than a "pulpit filler" for churches who have lost their pastors. That was when we lived in Illinois and in Georgia. I haven't attended one in over 25 years. 

I hope you have a refreshing time at the Pastors Conference you're going to attend. All pastors need and deserve a time of fellowshp and refreshing! 

Blessings.

• Moderators

I have attended a few, though its been a few years, particularly since my wife got sick. Now that she has passed on to glory, I will try to attend maybe one per year, if I can. To be honest, I used to hear pastors at some of the meetings I attended list off all the conferences they planned to attend through the year, and wondered at times, just when did they actually pastor their churches, as it seemed they would go to 20-30 per year. 

I have been invited to a Preachers retreat in TX this November, designed for pastors who have gone through particularly rough trials recently, and I was referred to go by another pastor friend of mine, just a getaway with other preachers who've been through the ringer, as it were, recently, to edify and strengthen one another. And to shoot stuff, lol. 

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, 1Timothy115 said:

You might hook up with Dan Bell Pastor at Cornerstone Baptist in Browns Mills, New Jersey. 

The name sounds familiar as I probably have seen him a few times in the past. 

@Ukulelemike Pastor Doug Fisher is usually one of the speakers at this conference, but probably not this year due to his health. 

• Moderators
5 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

@Ukulelemike Pastor Doug Fisher is usually one of the speakers at this conference, but probably not this year due to his health. 

Indeed, he is still recovering from his heart surgery and stroke. Doing well, as I understand it, but still recovering.

• Members
7 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

7 hours ago, 1Timothy115 said:

You might hook up with Dan Bell Pastor at Cornerstone Baptist in Browns Mills, New Jersey. 

Dan has a church facebook page here's his last message https://www.facebook.com/100049251841133/videos/373403787475605/

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, 1Timothy115 said:

Dan has a church facebook page here's his last message https://www.facebook.com/100049251841133/videos/373403787475605/

He looks familiar, I'll look for him. It may be hard as there is usually over 1,000 people there with the majority of the people pastors and their families. 

How do you know him?

• Members
22 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

He looks familiar, I'll look for him. It may be hard as there is usually over 1,000 people there with the majority of the people pastors and their families. 

How do you know him?

He was my son Jason's pastor and he performed the marriage ceremony for Jason and Gianna. I've had the privaledge of hearing him preach at the church in NJ. He has a heart for the Lord and the people in this community.

• Administrators

I know I'm not a pastor, but...my hubs attends the annual church planting conference at the church that founded ours (I go with him, too, for most of the services). At one of them we learned of the independent Baptist fellowship here in WA (there are more good churches in WA than we ever knew). Anyway, they usually meet monthly for a couple of days of preaching. He's not gone to any yet, but now that he's not working another job he might be able to. I'm glad for him, because the fellowship and the preaching will be beneficial.