• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Article on the "Post Pandemic" Church: Hybrid vs. In Person

• Members

That is an interesting article that was sent to me on the "Post Pandemic" Church, and how some pastor's will refuse to adopt on online/digital program to go alongside their "in person" church services. I believe it is something that pastor's need to consider. I've seen this divide coming for years, and the coronavirus has started to bring it to light!

https://careynieuwhof.com/the-coming-church-split-its-not-what-you-think/?fbclid=IwAR1wb_r2ftghCxfP2bp3E30qhwmVbfV4nM4uOKJK1hGqDh_6njGJucB3Ysc

• Members

I say adopt it. The goal is to get the word out to the largest amount of people as possible. Also, I find myself watching a lot of teaching and preaching on YouTube and it helps keep me from watching other garbage.

IMO, spiritual Christians will still go to church because they want person to person fellowship. People who can't make it for whatever reason will be able to watch.

The backsliders will fall away regardless.

• Members

While churches should never try to make an "online virtual church" (not a real church) they also shouldn't exclude any type of media because the great commission compels us to use all mediums to reach the world for Christ. To exclude TV radio, tracts news papers, online video, or audio podcast, etc. just to protest a part of the modern world would be a mistake. In the world but not of the world includes being salt and light online as well as at the door step.

• Members
16 minutes ago, SureWord said:

PPersonally, I think a virtual church is good for the home bound but it should not be a replacement for those who can physically make it there.

I fully agree. In my own personal case, I can't always be there because of balance issues, vertigo, etc. It would help if my church would have their services online. As it is, we do not, though my pastor has told me that he would. He's not reaching many people who need to be reached because of this. Case in point, there are several in assisted care facilities or nursing homes that would like to have the services online. They, like me, have to watch other churches services, and that tends to somehow breed an air of discontentment. Not in me, but in many of the others. They can't get to the services, period, and we haven't been able to have any services in many of the facilities lately for well known reasons.