Online Baptist Community
  • Newest Sermon Entry

• By 1Timothy115 in Devotionals
      Psalms 119:1-8                                         Sep. 5 - Oct. 2, 2019
      1 ALEPH. Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
      2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
      3 They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.
      4 Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.
      5 O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
      6 Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.
      7 I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.
      8 I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.
      The following verse stood out to me...
      5 O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
      At first glance it seemed to me this person’s soul is poured out with intense desire to have God’s direction in keeping His Word.
      I made a small wood fire in our backyard for my granddaughter, Julia, since she would be staying overnight with us. My wife and Julia stayed outside at the fire for about half an hour. Then, I found myself alone to watch the fire die out on a particularly lovely evening. So I took my verse from above and began to repeat it for memorization. As I repeated the verse, I tried to contemplate the words and apply them to what I was seeing around me. 
      The moon and stars were out now peering through the scattered clouds above.
      [Genesis 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. Genesis 1:17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, Genesis 1:18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.]
      Thought 1         
      The moon has stayed his course since the day God created him, also the stars, obeying the statutes directed by God from the first day they were created. Can you imagine God’s direction to the Moon and stars, “moon you will have a path through the sky above the earth, stars you will occupy the firmament above the moon and be clearly visible in the cloudless night sky.”
      Then, the trees, grass, even the air we breathe obey the statues God gave them from the beginning. None of these creations have souls, none have hearts, none have intelligence, but they all observe God’s statutes, His instructions for their limited time on earth.
      Thought 2
      What if we were like the moon, stars, trees, grass, or the other creations which have no soul? We would be directed to keep God’s statutes without choosing to keep them. This is not the image of God, there would be no dominion over other creatures, or over the earth. We would not be capable of experiencing the joy and peace of learning the love of God
      Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
      Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
      Thought 3 (October 2, 2019)
      Is the psalmist pleading God to force God’s statutes to become the man’s ways? No, he is speaking of his own failure in keeping God’s statutes and his desire to keep them, very much like Paul in Romans 7:14-25.
      God doesn’t work through force to turn men from their ways that they would desire His statutes or desire God Himself. Men must reject (repent) put aside his own ways and voluntarily seek God and His statutes.

Donald Trump’s Best Friend and Inauguration Chair, Thomas Barrack, Arrested on Federal Charges

Rate this topic

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Regardless, the wall will not protect them. As I said, with $100 I can buy what I need to go over, under, or over the well. There are better ways to protect the boarder than a wall

Do the people in the White house know this about their wall? lol

12 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

Do the people in the White house know this about their wall? lol

Apparently not. IMHO politicians at that level, including senators and representatives are so out of touch with normal life they have no common sense when it comes to living. 🥺

• Members
35 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Not everyone on the boarder is in favor of the wall. Regardless, the wall will not protect them. As I said, with $100 I can buy what I need to go over, under, or over the well. There are better ways to protect the boarder than a wall. 

https://www.vox.com/recode/2019/5/16/18511583/smart-border-wall-drones-sensors-ai

And as I stated, most illegals are so busy paying coyote's for passage into the USA they wouldn't have the money to do what you suggest. They don't even have the money to pay for bottled water to help keep them from being dehydrated. The wall DOES protect them and their land. You just don't seem to get it, and you never will.

21 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Apparently not. IMHO politicians at that level, including senators and representatives are so out of touch with normal life they have no common sense when it comes to living. 🥺

Well at least you got THAT right! LOL

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Not everyone on the boarder is in favor of the wall. Regardless, the wall will not protect them. As I said, with $100 I can buy what I need to go over, under, or over the well. There are better ways to protect the boarder than a wall. 

https://www.vox.com/recode/2019/5/16/18511583/smart-border-wall-drones-sensors-ai

Did you ever hear of the Berlin Wall? How effective was it?

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Did you ever hear of the Berlin Wall? How effective was it?

It was not that effective. People were escaping over the wall all the time. Some were killed, but not all. At least 5000 escaped over the wall. Oh, and not all went over the wall, some went under the wall. At least one person drove a tank through the wall to escape. Walls are expensive, but not effective.

Likewise the boarder fences on the USSR and their allies were never all that effective in keeping people in or out. 

Read you Chinese history and you will see the Great Wall was not all that effective. 

11 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

And as I stated, most illegals are so busy paying coyote's for passage into the USA they wouldn't have the money to do what you suggest. They don't even have the money to pay for bottled water to help keep them from being dehydrated. The wall DOES protect them and their land. You just don't seem to get it, and you never will.

Well at least you got THAT right! LOL

And for the coyote's $100 is chump change. They have no problems breeching the wall. There are better ways to guard the border than using the old technology of a wall. 

Edited by Bouncing Bill

• Members
7 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

It was not that effective. People were escaping over the wall all the time. Some were killed, but not all. At least 5000 escaped over the wall. Oh, and not all went over the wall, some went under the wall. At least one person drove a tank through the wall to escape. Walls are expensive, but not effective.

Likewise the boarder fences on the USSR and their allies were never all that effective in keeping people in or out. 

Read you Chinese history and you will see the Great Wall was not all that effective. 

And for the coyote's $100 is chump change. They have no problems breeching the wall. There are better ways to guard the border than using the old technology of a wall. 

The coyote's charge far more, thus my statement on the illegals not being able to afford those items. The wall isn't meant to be 100% effective, but is to be rather a deterrent to people trying to enter this country illegally...and it DOES work. The crossings of illegals dropped signicantly during the Trump administration. But, the "open door" policies of the Biden administration are helping to destroy this country! Allowing illegals, people who are UNTESTED for the Wuhan Flu is PROOF POSITIVE that none of the lockdowns, social distancing, and mask mandates weren't for our health. They were to see how much control the government could assert over the public. This is just the trial run for what is to come.

5 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

The coyote's charge far more, thus my statement on the illegals not being able to afford those items. The wall isn't meant to be 100% effective, but is to be rather a deterrent to people trying to enter this country illegally...and it DOES work. The crossings of illegals dropped signicantly during the Trump administration. But, the "open door" policies of the Biden administration are helping to destroy this country! Allowing illegals, people who are UNTESTED for the Wuhan Flu is PROOF POSITIVE that none of the lockdowns, social distancing, and mask mandates weren't for our health. They were to see how much control the government could assert over the public. This is just the trial run for what is to come.

Over 1,000,000 people have been arrested so far in 2021 crossing the boarder. If this rate continues that will be the highest rate since 2000. So, under Biden more people are being arrested. They are coming, not because of his policies, but because of the poverty, political unrest, and violence in their home countries.

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/us-border-arrests-top-1-million-fiscal-year-2021-2021-06-25/

Trump promised to deport millions. He didn't keep that promise.

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/trump-deportations-unfinished-mission

Trump did not match Obama's arrest record.

https://www.cato.org/blog/president-trump-isnt-breaking-immigration-arrest-records

• Members
7 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Over 1,000,000 people have been arrested so far in 2021 crossing the boarder. If this rate continues that will be the highest rate since 2000. So, under Biden more people are being arrested. They are coming, not because of his policies, but because of the poverty, political unrest, and violence in their home countries.

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/us-border-arrests-top-1-million-fiscal-year-2021-2021-06-25/

Trump promised to deport millions. He didn't keep that promise.

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/trump-deportations-unfinished-mission

Trump did not match Obama's arrest record.

https://www.cato.org/blog/president-trump-isnt-breaking-immigration-arrest-records

Please, pray tell, how they are coming with iPhones, dressed in nicer clothes, new shoes, etc.? George Soros and his cronies are funding their expedition,, and it's not at all about the poverty, political unrest and violence in their countries. As usual, your sources don't mean much...especially since they usually support a liberal viewpoint, ignoring everything from the conservative point of view. No cigar, BB!

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Facts show that they do know. I even have personal proof.

18 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

Let's get the thread back on the original subject. I should have named it Trump associates who are in trouble. 

I wonder how many will be arrested, sent to jail and/or disbarred 

• Members
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Let's get the thread back on the original subject. I should have named it Trump associates who are in trouble. 

Who knows. It's not like Bill and Hilary Clinton...Billy Boy losing his privileges to practice law. Talk about crooked politicians. Look at your favorite party, BB.

Edited by BrotherTony

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

36 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Big Brother Reaction GIF by MOODMAN