• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Donald Trump’s Best Friend and Inauguration Chair, Thomas Barrack, Arrested on Federal Charges

14 minutes ago, SureWord said:

Trump did not inherit a solid economy. Even Obama admitted they failed in creating "shovel ready jobs".

Most people that I know of voted for Trump for three reasons:

1) Bring back jobs to America that were bleeding out to overseas which would include cutting taxes.

2) Build a wall to stop the illegal invasion.

3) Stop the apology tour.

That's what MAGA was all about. It had nothing to do with race or gender. It had nothing to do for longing for the days when the white man ran the show. It was about American Exceptionalism, though.

Actually, to think of it, there was one more reason especially for me:

4) No more endless wars in the Middle East.

The facts prove you wrong. There was almost no difference in GNP growth under Obama and Trump.

The wall was and is a total waste of money. Take me to a hardware store, give me $100 and I can buy all I need to breach the wall. Do you want to go under the wall? Do you want to go over the wall? Do you want to go through the wall? With you $100 I can buy you what you need. Historically walls have proven of little to no use and value. 

Yes, under Republicans we have gone into  endless wars and gotten nothing but dead soldiers in return. I have always felt George Bush had bad advisors who mislead him and we ended up in Afghanistan. Anyone with a knowledge of history understands why Afghanistan has been tagged the graveyard of empires and that we should never go there. Anyone with any knowledge of mid-east history knows that Iraq or any of those countries are places you do not want to engage in a war in or with. No one has gone into Afghanistan or the mid-east and come out without a very bloody nose. Bush and the American people were lied to and lied to and lied to by Bush's advisors. 

I have little or no hope that either a future Republican or Democratic president has learned that lesson. I am usually an optimist, but not concerning this topic.  

• Members
14 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

The facts prove you wrong. There was almost no difference in GNP growth under Obama and Trump.

The wall was and is a total waste of money. Take me to a hardware store, give me $100 and I can buy all I need to breach the wall. Do you want to go under the wall? Do you want to go over the wall? Do you want to go through the wall? With you $100 I can buy you what you need. Historically walls have proven of little to no use and value. 

Yes, under Republicans we have gone into  endless wars and gotten nothing but dead soldiers in return. I have always felt George Bush had bad advisors who mislead him and we ended up in Afghanistan. Anyone with a knowledge of history understands why Afghanistan has been tagged the graveyard of empires and that we should never go there. Anyone with any knowledge of mid-east history knows that Iraq or any of those countries are places you do not want to engage in a war in or with. No one has gone into Afghanistan or the mid-east and come out without a very bloody nose. Bush and the American people were lied to and lied to and lied to by Bush's advisors. 

I have little or no hope that either a future Republican or Democratic president has learned that lesson. I am usually an optimist, but not concerning this topic.  

You don't get it, do you Bill?

Conservatives like me no longer believe the GOP anymore than we do the Democrats.

How much support did Jeb Bush get from voters? Zippo. That's why Trump was nominated. He was an outsider who was not part of the Uniparty.

You're way of thinking and analyzing the political climate is antiquated. It died with George Bush and the RINOS.

As far as the "GDP" which nobody cares about nor do they really understand, all I can say is after Trump was elected jobs started cropping up in my area that hadn't been there in almost 20 years. Even the power plant started hiring trainees which they hadn't done EVER. The school I drive for starting giving out bonuses again which hadn't happen in 11 years. 

So you keep reading the cooked GDP charts and I'll watch for the real deal around me.

4 minutes ago, SureWord said:

You don't get it, do you Bill?

Conservatives like me no longer believe the GOP anymore than we do the Democrats.

How much support did Jeb Bush get from voters? Zippo. That's why Trump was nominated. He was an outsider who was not part of the Uniparty.

You're way of thinking and analyzing the political climate is antiquated. It died with George Bush and the RINOS.

As far as the "GDP" which nobody cares about nor do they really understand, all I can say is after Trump was elected jobs started cropping up in my area that hadn't been there in almost 20 years. Even the power plant started hiring trainees which they hadn't done EVER. The school I drive for starting giving out bonuses again which hadn't happen in 11 years. 

So you keep reading the cooked GDP charts and I'll watch for the real deal around me.

I have come to believe that many who call themselves conservative are politically schizophrenic and are not sure what they stand for, but they know what they are against. 

So what is current thinking?

• Members
2 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

You are truly amazing in how blind you choose to be about things. The wall was very necessary. The people I know who have ranches along the border prove that out. They had far fewer illegals crossing their lands while the wall was being built, and now, under Obiden, they are experiencing a huge NEW influx of illegals crossing their lands. In fact, some of them are actually having to pick these people up and turn them over to the border patrols or to ICE. BB, you have a habit of perverting the truth, and that's just NOT a good thing. You talk about Republicans bringing the United States into long drawn out wars, but you seem to forget that Kennedy and Johnson brought us into Vietnam. Remember that little conflict? And how about Korea? That was a gift from Truman, one of your beloved Democrats. You say we should have never gone to Afghanistan...I suppose you would have preferred we take the losses of 3,000 American lives because of an attack prepared by Bin Laden and let it be? UGH! You truly are a blind man. It's already been pointed out that Bush 43 lied about Iraq. You say you are an "optimist," but friend, you replies bewrayeth you.

1 hour ago, Bouncing Bill said:

I have come to believe that many who call themselves conservative are politically schizophrenic and are not sure what they stand for, but they know what they are against. 

So what is current thinking?

Most of the conservative here are well rounded individuals, unlike the Democrats. 

Edited by BrotherTony
replacing one remark with a kinder one.

1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

You are truly amazing in how blind you choose to be about things. The wall was very necessary. The people I know who have ranches along the border prove that out. They had far fewer illegals crossing their lands while the wall was being built, and now, under Obiden, they are experiencing a huge NEW influx of illegals crossing their lands. In fact, some of them are actually having to pick these people up and turn them over to the border patrols or to ICE. BB, you have a habit of perverting the truth, and that's just NOT a good thing. You talk about Republicans bringing the United States into long drawn out wars, but you seem to forget that Kennedy and Johnson brought us into Vietnam. Remember that little conflict? And how about Korea? That was a gift from Truman, one of your beloved Democrats. You say we should have never gone to Afghanistan...I suppose you would have preferred we take the losses of 3,000 American lives because of an attack prepared by Bin Laden and let it be? UGH! You truly are a blind man. It's already been pointed out that Bush 43 lied about Iraq. You say you are an "optimist," but friend, you replies bewrayeth you.

Most of the conservative here are well rounded individuals, unlike the Democrats. 

Not everyone on the boarder is in favor of the wall. Regardless, the wall will not protect them. As I said, with $100 I can buy what I need to go over, under, or over the well. There are better ways to protect the boarder than a wall. 

https://www.vox.com/recode/2019/5/16/18511583/smart-border-wall-drones-sensors-ai

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Regardless, the wall will not protect them. As I said, with $100 I can buy what I need to go over, under, or over the well. There are better ways to protect the boarder than a wall

Do the people in the White house know this about their wall? lol

12 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

Do the people in the White house know this about their wall? lol

Apparently not. IMHO politicians at that level, including senators and representatives are so out of touch with normal life they have no common sense when it comes to living. ?

• Members
35 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Not everyone on the boarder is in favor of the wall. Regardless, the wall will not protect them. As I said, with $100 I can buy what I need to go over, under, or over the well. There are better ways to protect the boarder than a wall. 

https://www.vox.com/recode/2019/5/16/18511583/smart-border-wall-drones-sensors-ai

And as I stated, most illegals are so busy paying coyote's for passage into the USA they wouldn't have the money to do what you suggest. They don't even have the money to pay for bottled water to help keep them from being dehydrated. The wall DOES protect them and their land. You just don't seem to get it, and you never will.

21 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Apparently not. IMHO politicians at that level, including senators and representatives are so out of touch with normal life they have no common sense when it comes to living. ?

Well at least you got THAT right! LOL

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Did you ever hear of the Berlin Wall? How effective was it?

8 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Did you ever hear of the Berlin Wall? How effective was it?

It was not that effective. People were escaping over the wall all the time. Some were killed, but not all. At least 5000 escaped over the wall. Oh, and not all went over the wall, some went under the wall. At least one person drove a tank through the wall to escape. Walls are expensive, but not effective.

Likewise the boarder fences on the USSR and their allies were never all that effective in keeping people in or out. 

Read you Chinese history and you will see the Great Wall was not all that effective. 

11 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

And as I stated, most illegals are so busy paying coyote's for passage into the USA they wouldn't have the money to do what you suggest. They don't even have the money to pay for bottled water to help keep them from being dehydrated. The wall DOES protect them and their land. You just don't seem to get it, and you never will.

Well at least you got THAT right! LOL

And for the coyote's $100 is chump change. They have no problems breeching the wall. There are better ways to guard the border than using the old technology of a wall. 

Edited by Bouncing Bill

• Members
7 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

It was not that effective. People were escaping over the wall all the time. Some were killed, but not all. At least 5000 escaped over the wall. Oh, and not all went over the wall, some went under the wall. At least one person drove a tank through the wall to escape. Walls are expensive, but not effective.

Likewise the boarder fences on the USSR and their allies were never all that effective in keeping people in or out. 

Read you Chinese history and you will see the Great Wall was not all that effective. 

And for the coyote's $100 is chump change. They have no problems breeching the wall. There are better ways to guard the border than using the old technology of a wall. 

The coyote's charge far more, thus my statement on the illegals not being able to afford those items. The wall isn't meant to be 100% effective, but is to be rather a deterrent to people trying to enter this country illegally...and it DOES work. The crossings of illegals dropped signicantly during the Trump administration. But, the "open door" policies of the Biden administration are helping to destroy this country! Allowing illegals, people who are UNTESTED for the Wuhan Flu is PROOF POSITIVE that none of the lockdowns, social distancing, and mask mandates weren't for our health. They were to see how much control the government could assert over the public. This is just the trial run for what is to come.

5 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

The coyote's charge far more, thus my statement on the illegals not being able to afford those items. The wall isn't meant to be 100% effective, but is to be rather a deterrent to people trying to enter this country illegally...and it DOES work. The crossings of illegals dropped signicantly during the Trump administration. But, the "open door" policies of the Biden administration are helping to destroy this country! Allowing illegals, people who are UNTESTED for the Wuhan Flu is PROOF POSITIVE that none of the lockdowns, social distancing, and mask mandates weren't for our health. They were to see how much control the government could assert over the public. This is just the trial run for what is to come.

Over 1,000,000 people have been arrested so far in 2021 crossing the boarder. If this rate continues that will be the highest rate since 2000. So, under Biden more people are being arrested. They are coming, not because of his policies, but because of the poverty, political unrest, and violence in their home countries.

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/us-border-arrests-top-1-million-fiscal-year-2021-2021-06-25/

Trump promised to deport millions. He didn't keep that promise.

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/trump-deportations-unfinished-mission

Trump did not match Obama's arrest record.

https://www.cato.org/blog/president-trump-isnt-breaking-immigration-arrest-records

• Members
7 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Over 1,000,000 people have been arrested so far in 2021 crossing the boarder. If this rate continues that will be the highest rate since 2000. So, under Biden more people are being arrested. They are coming, not because of his policies, but because of the poverty, political unrest, and violence in their home countries.

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/us-border-arrests-top-1-million-fiscal-year-2021-2021-06-25/

Trump promised to deport millions. He didn't keep that promise.

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/trump-deportations-unfinished-mission

Trump did not match Obama's arrest record.

https://www.cato.org/blog/president-trump-isnt-breaking-immigration-arrest-records

Please, pray tell, how they are coming with iPhones, dressed in nicer clothes, new shoes, etc.? George Soros and his cronies are funding their expedition,, and it's not at all about the poverty, political unrest and violence in their countries. As usual, your sources don't mean much...especially since they usually support a liberal viewpoint, ignoring everything from the conservative point of view. No cigar, BB!

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Facts show that they do know. I even have personal proof.