• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Power of the Pen

In the book, The Count of Monte Cristo, Dumas has one of the characters, Caderousse say, “there is here wherewithal to kill a man more sure than if we waited at the corner of a wood tot assassinate him! I have always had more dread of a pen, a bottle of ink, and a sheet of paper than of a sword or pistol.”

I read the book some years ago and this quote struck me and I jotted it down. 

Edited by Bouncing Bill

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

I have always had more dread of a pen, a bottle of ink, and a sheet of paper than of a sword or pistol.

Amazing....I'm amazed that the author foresaw Biden sign executive orders way back then.  ?

13 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

Amazing....I'm amazed that the author foresaw Biden sign executive orders way back then.  ?

Oh, I think he foresaw Trump. ?

I don't know if you have read the book or not. 

Edited by Bouncing Bill

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Oh, I think he foresaw Trump. ?

You can always tell when a president isn't doing well, they try to compare him to someone else instead of looking at his records.

Let's look at facts my friend

President Total executive orders

Bill Clinton 364
George W. Bush 291
Barack Obama 276
Donald Trump 220
Joe Biden 51 on pace for 416

22 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

You can always tell when a president isn't doing well, they try to compare him to someone else instead of looking at his records.

Bill Clinton 364
George W. Bush 291
Barack Obama 276
Donald Trump 220

You have to factor in how many terms each man served. If Trump had served two terms he was on track to have signed 440 executive orders. We will never know if he would have met that number. 

My guess is, and it is purely a guess, is that Biden will slow down after the initial rush of executive orders. Time will tell. George W. Bush served one term. So he was on track of issuing 581 executive orders. 

Washington's first executive order instructed the heads of federal departments to "impress me with a full, precise, and distinct general idea of the affairs of the United States."[

I am no fan of executive orders. George Washington. He issued 8 executive orders. 

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

You have to factor in how many terms each man served. If Trump had served two terms he was on track to have signed 440 executive orders. We will never know if he would have met that number. 

Good point...lets do the math.

Bill Clinton 364 (8 Years)
George W. Bush 291 (8 Years)
Barack Obama 276 (8 Years)
Donald Trump 220 (4 Years) Doubled would be 440
Joe Biden 51 on pace for 416 (6 Months.  By holding Biden the same standard as trump, then Biden is on pace for 832). 

It really didn't help your point. 

Of course we don't know how many Trump would have had in 8 years or how many Biden will end up having. My main point was the amount Biden signed at the beginning which I think may be the most from a new president in my remembrance. Thus, the power of the pen.

• Members
6 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

My guess is, and it is purely a guess, is that Biden will slow down after the initial rush of executive orders. Time will tell. George W. Bush served one term. So he was on track of issuing 581 executive orders. 

Washington's first executive order instructed the heads of federal departments to "impress me with a full, precise, and distinct general idea of the affairs of the United States."[

I am no fan of executive orders. George Washington. He issued 8 executive orders. 

BB, Biden is set to sign far more than Trump. If he serves two terms, which I doubt, he will have signed well over Trumps amount. The sad part is that once more, Biden lied to the American public and stated that he would not rule by EO. He's proven himself to be nothing more than the Prevaricator in Chief!  Here is a link to all POTUS' and the number and projected number of EO's signed for two terms.  https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/statistics/data/executive-orders

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

UGH! Again, BB, with the Trump bashing? Please, sir, get a new line.

When you can't defend your guy, you bash someone else. 

3 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Biden lied to the American public and stated that he would not rule by EO.

I forgot about that. Didn't he say that only dictators rule with executive orders?

• Members
5 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

I forgot about that. Didn't he say that only dictators rule with executive orders?

Yes, Sir, he did! I'm glad to know that I wasn't the only one who heard that! ?

42 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

I would not have mentioned Trump, but I felt you took a cheap shot at Biden. 

An executive order is a rule or order issued by a president. It has the force of law, but it is not a low. [Go figure that one.] An EO is not a presidential proclamation. Congress cannot simply overturn an EO but Congress can pass a law negating an EO. If Congress does not pass a law negating an EO it remains in force until the current or future president cancels it. 

• Members
2 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

Bill Clinton 364
George W. Bush 291
Barack Obama 276
Donald Trump 220

I hear crickets.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

I mentioned how many executive orders he signed in the beginning which is proven facts. If facts are cheap shots, then call me guilty.

• Members

The truth is none of these Presidents should be signing this many Executed Orders but the reality is it's because Congress is a bunch of do nothings. I know from Roman history the Republic collapsed into a dictatorship because the Roman Senate stopped doing their job and let Caesar take over.

• Members
4 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

An executive order is a rule or order issued by a president. It has the force of law, but it is not a low. [Go figure that one.] An EO is not a presidential proclamation. Congress cannot simply overturn an EO but Congress can pass a law negating an EO. If Congress does not pass a law negating an EO it remains in force until the current or future president cancels it. 

So? It's still ruling by edict! Biden PROMISED not to do it, and has lied yet again. It's time to call for HIS impeachment. Trump did far less than the things that Biden has done that are against the American people. He shoujld be removed from office for it.