• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Government Increases Freedom Suppression

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

No really. A dictator would never make such a statement. 

It is a philosophical statement and is obviously true. For instant, if I am restricted to my cottage, for whatever reason, my freedom to go out is taken away. But I gain the freedom of having more time to read, write, think or even nap. 

Another example:

For over a year the church I attend had no worship in the building. Thus my freedom of attending worship in the building was taken away. However, this gave me the freedom of not driving 25 miles to attend and also it gave me the freedom of using my computer and zoom to meet with my Christian brothers and sisters.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

It also gave you the freedom (excuse) to not attend without drawing criticism. 

Hebrews 10:25 (KJV) Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

• Members
13 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

It amazes me how many people think that the government is the one that gives us freedom. Freedom comes from our creator. If anyone feels that we have not lost any freedom, then they themselves are enslaved to the government. 

Great answer! Yes freedoms are given by God. God uses governments at His discretion to defend those freedom. For a government to do nothing when laws are violated is the same as condoning the illegal activity and threatens the freedom of the people of that nation. Government here in the states is doing nothing on multiple fronts. I won't take advantage of the current administrations lack of mental prowess to act on behalf of their own citizenry, others have aided and abetted them (i.e. Clinton, Obama, G.W. Bush). I pray for their salvation instead.