• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why do believers have to go to church?

Guest Guest

You're most welcome, Evan. I am very blessed to have a pastor who preaches/teaches the word of God. I also know that the Lord Jesus has placed me into a body of believers...who exhort me...as they lift up the name of Jesus Christ. I will keep your friend in prayer...ya never know what the Holy Spirit will do? The Bible (KJV) is convicting in itself. God bless you, Evan...as you journey forward...in the Christian faith. :thumb

candlelight

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The wife and I attend church because we want to be in Sunday school and listen to the pastor where we can learn more about our Savior and how His Father wants us to live our lives. Its kind of like getting your battery recharged.

But, how can we do this if we are not attending church services?

24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

Heb 10:24 (KJV)

But, I know some who attend church to:
1. Fulfill their Christian obligation.
2. Ease their conscience by putting something in the collection plate.

Usually those who go for this reason only attend preaching service if there is nothing better to do that Sunday morning.

Guest Guest

Jerry...Yes...their are those who "Go through the motions" so to speak. Is their heart in the right place? I don't know? Some people are merely trained for church. Although, good Godly training is Biblical...it can also be a hindrance. This is where I feel "rituals" can come into play. JMHO. Jesus Christ knows our hearts. :bible:

candlelight

• Members
Jerry...Yes...their are those who "Go through the motions" so to speak. Is their heart in the right place? I don't know? Some people are merely trained for church. Although, good Godly training is Biblical...it can also be a hindrance. This is where I feel "rituals" can come into play. JMHO. Jesus Christ knows our hearts. :bible:

candlelight

If they go for these 2 reasons,

We can know their heart is not right.

Of course I never judge if one is saved, but you can take a look at what their fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
Matt 7:19-20 (KJV)

Guest Guest

If they go for these 2 reasons,

We can know their heart is not right.

Of course I never judge if one is saved, but you can take a look at what their fruit.

Oh yes...MOST DEFINETLY!!! ITA...Jerry. :thumb

candlelight

P.S. ~ I have learned, though, to "try" to encourage b/c many are turned away...by my flesh...NOT by the Bible. I was saved by fear....and realize that some are/will be saved by compassion. We all have a purpose in leading souls to Christ, IMO.

The Epistle of Jude...21-23...Keeping yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. And of some have compassion, making a difference: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. KJV.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
Matt 7:19-20 (KJV)

• Members

Seems to me leastwise, if you speak the Gospel truth to some, they take that as not being loving and full of compassion.

Seems many think that a church that is loving and full of compassion will and should accept anything.

Just because a person and or church separates from any and all false teachings does not mean they are not loving and full of compassion.

In fact the one who practice separation are following God's teachings.

Seems many think a Bible believing church is suppose to accept them just as they are, and that they are to stay just as they were and that God can use them just as they were without any changes within them.

Guest Guest

9/10 when I teach the Bible...II timothy 2:15...Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth...KJV. people come back for more of God's word. It is only when my flesh gets involved that they turn away and run. :smile

candlelight :wave:

• Members

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matt 10:34-38 (KJV)

The thing is, God Word the truth brings at least 2 reactions, it will cause convictions and or cause a person to get mad and even have hate towards the messenger, even if its there on child, brother, sister, mother, or father.

If they turn and run from God's truth, and you have presented it per Colossians 4:6, Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man, its not your fault, and believe me, everyone is not going to want to come back for more. If that was true them every true church in America would be packed tight and running over this next Sunday.

Guest Guest

The dificulty I have in soul-winning is with blood family members and relatives. I have found it is much easier to witness to people I don't know...and, even my hubby's relatives are receptive to God's word when I witness to them. Some have gotten saved. I concentrate on the KJV Bible and leave the rest up to Christ. Maybe, I haven't been doing this long enough to become distraught. I don't know?...but, I hope the Lord keeps them coming. :wink May God bless you, Jerry! :smile

candlelight

• Members

My dad was a horrible person before he was saved. He was in a popular Baltimore based rock band, he was into drugs, alcohol, and all sorts of nonsense. When he got saved he started preaching to his family and they would not listen cause they thought it was just something new he was jumping to. We have seen that with many people in the church. They were lost then they were charasmatic, then baptist, then non-denom, emergent, and so on. So they didn't listen. But through the years they saw the change was real and final. Now most of his family is saved and the lost ones will listen to his preaching.

• Members
My dad was a horrible person before he was saved. He was in a popular Baltimore based rock band' date=' he was into drugs, alcohol, and all sorts of nonsense. When he got saved he started preaching to his family and they would not listen cause they thought it was just something new he was jumping to. We have seen that with many people in the church. They were lost then they were charasmatic, then baptist, then non-denom, emergent, and so on. So they didn't listen. But through the years they saw the change was real and final. Now most of his family is saved and the lost ones will listen to his preaching.[/quote']

That is a good testimony to see someone was did something bad then received eternal life thru Jesus Christ and started serving the Lord Almighty God.

This believer said IFBC is boring because all need to do is just sit and listen and then go home. So, believer said this is waste of time to go to church. My question is how can you convince the believer to go to church that is not waste of time to go to church?

Evan57

• Members
This believer said IFBC is boring because all need to do is just sit and listen and then go home. So, believer said this is waste of time to go to church. My question is how can you convince the believer to go to church that is not waste of time to go to church?

Evan57

Perhaps if you stopped thining that an IFB is the only solution? Perhaps "this believer" and his view point are what you need to consider.

God bless,

Calvary

• Members

There are a couple of reasons my family and I follow the Bible's command to be a part of a local body of believers.

The first is that the Bible commands us to gather for corporate preaching and teaching of God's word.

The second is that we're commanded to gather for corporate worship.

The third is that we're to gather to celebrate ordinances such as the Lord's Supper and baptism.

The fourth is that God gave us gifts for the purpose of edifying the body and if we're not a part of the body, then we can't exercise those gifts or be obedient to God's command to use them for that purpose.

The fifth is that we cannot receive edification from others, using their God-given gifts in that way.

Finally, we go because we recognize that we need the encouragement, exhortation, accountability, and discipline of the body of believers.

• Administrators
There are a couple of reasons my family and I follow the Bible's command to be a part of a local body of believers.

The first is that the Bible commands us to gather for corporate preaching and teaching of God's word.

The second is that we're commanded to gather for corporate worship.

The third is that we're to gather to celebrate ordinances such as the Lord's Supper and baptism.

The fourth is that God gave us gifts for the purpose of edifying the body and if we're not a part of the body, then we can't exercise those gifts or be obedient to God's command to use them for that purpose.

The fifth is that we cannot receive edification from others, using their God-given gifts in that way.

Finally, we go because we recognize that we need the encouragement, exhortation, accountability, and discipline of the body of believers.

:goodpost: