• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

My Brother

• Members

OK, so my older brother, who was a big influence on me getting saved when I was 18, is back in church and it's an IFB church. His wife said he really likes it so far. Pray that God really gets ahold of him. He was going to an IFB church for years but something happen that really burned him. Then he went to a Southern Baptist but never cared for the CCM music and the Church politics but loved the pastor. After he moved he went to a non-denominational but thought the men were weak and effeminate. Then a home bible study until the man leading the study sadly committed suicide. He said he's back into an IFB church because of the traditional music and he thinks the men of the church are not wimps. Lol...hey, whatever I see no problem with it. 

Just pray that he stays with it. I think God called him years ago to minister to young people but he got sidetracked from it. Teenagers really like him and used to like going over his house when his son's were teenagers because he is kind of a man's man. Not a macho tough guy just kind of the old school dad who could fix and build all kinds of things unlike me...lol.

Anyway, please pray for him. 

Thanks and God bless you.

• Members

I will definitely be praying for him. I can understand how he got out of the IFB churches....we had similar experiences. I grew up in the IFB churches, and the one I grew up in had a problem with pushing things under the rug, or pushing problem people off on other churches. They also had a problem with pushing their own opinion of what the Bible said as what it ACTUALLY said. So, I totally understand. Your brother is correct in noticing that many of the men  in the SBC circles are effeminate. I've never liked that myself, and it's one thing that makes me cringe. Thankfully, most in my church are true men. I guess that's an advantage of being in a small church in a rural farming community! 

Again, I'll definitely be praying for him. 

• Members
23 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

I will definitely be praying for him. I can understand how he got out of the IFB churches....we had similar experiences. I grew up in the IFB churches, and the one I grew up in had a problem with pushing things under the rug, or pushing problem people off on other churches. They also had a problem with pushing their own opinion of what the Bible said as what it ACTUALLY said. So, I totally understand. Your brother is correct in noticing that many of the men  in the SBC circles are effeminate. I've never liked that myself, and it's one thing that makes me cringe. Thankfully, most in my church are true men. I guess that's an advantage of being in a small church in a rural farming community! 

Again, I'll definitely be praying for him. 

It was the non-denominational church that he thought the men were effeminate. 

The SBC church he went to had a lot of church politics and had a huge split but no effeminate men just henpecked like most men these days. 

• Administrators
On 7/9/2021 at 10:22 AM, SureWord said:

OK, so my older brother, who was a big influence on me getting saved when I was 18, is back in church and it's an IFB church. His wife said he really likes it so far. Pray that God really gets ahold of him. He was going to an IFB church for years but something happen that really burned him. Then he went to a Southern Baptist but never cared for the CCM music and the Church politics but loved the pastor. After he moved he went to a non-denominational but thought the men were weak and effeminate. Then a home bible study until the man leading the study sadly committed suicide. He said he's back into an IFB church because of the traditional music and he thinks the men of the church are not wimps. Lol...hey, whatever I see no problem with it. 

Just pray that he stays with it. I think God called him years ago to minister to young people but he got sidetracked from it. Teenagers really like him and used to like going over his house when his son's were teenagers because he is kind of a man's man. Not a macho tough guy just kind of the old school dad who could fix and build all kinds of things unlike me...lol.

Anyway, please pray for him. 

Thanks and God bless you.

I'll be praying for your brother. That must have given you a little jolt (in a good way lol) when you heard this news.