• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Are Rock and Country/Western music wrong?

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

So does the Song of Solomon. Have you read it recently?

Here we go again. lol

Yes, I have read it, that is why I ask you to expound on your reply of "Song of Solomon", in which you replied 

"I see no need to expound. Song of Solomon is very sensual in both areas. It deals with human sexuality as well as with a person's love for God." ----- Then to back up your beliefs, it was followed by a link to an article written by a United Methodist Pastor.

When I question that link, you replied

"So does the Song of Solomon. Have you read it recently?"

That is awesome as I was trying to get you to go back to Scripture (Song of Solomon), but you didn't want to. If we're determining right from wrong, let's get it from the Bible, not man or Google.

So, I would love for YOU to expound on Song of Solomon....not Google it for someone else to expound for you. 

4 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

Here we go again. lol

Yes, I have read it, that is why I ask you to expound on your reply of "Song of Solomon", in which you replied 

"I see no need to expound. Song of Solomon is very sensual in both areas. It deals with human sexuality as well as with a person's love for God." ----- Then to back up your beliefs, it was followed by a link to an article written by a United Methodist Pastor.

When I question that link, you replied

"So does the Song of Solomon. Have you read it recently?"

That is awesome as I was trying to get you to go back to Scripture (Song of Solomon), but you didn't want to. If we're determining right from wrong, let's get it from the Bible, not man or Google.

So, I would love for YOU to expound on Song of Solomon....not Google it for someone else to expound for you. 

I Actually I did expound. I should have erased the "I see no need to expound" and that is true in the sense that you certainly know that the Song of Solomon is sensual. You are the preaches, so why don't you expound for us? 

Thanks.

Blessings. 

• Administrators

I'm not sure how much you understand here as this not the first time with these type of replies, and that is ok. It is what it is. So lets start over, below I removed the... I see no need to expound  
Maybe now we can get into Scripture instead of a website.

4 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Song of Solomon is very sensual in both areas. It deals with human sexuality as well as with a person's love for God.

Thank you for your reply. I was hoping you would be able to post some KJV verses here that we can discuss. Nothing personal, but I'm not going to take your word for it or anyone else's. I want to delve into Scripture to see what God has to say. 

2 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

you certainly know that the Song of Solomon is sensual.

lol, I never said it wasn't. You made a statement and I want to see where in Scripture you came up with that conclusion and you have yet to do that. 

• Members

Concerning the devil's music (and other sins) anywhere: 

King James Bible
"For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

The lust of the flesh is not merely the lust after the flesh, but all lust that has its seat in the flesh (Galatians 5:16; Ephesians 2:3)."

(In some place(s) also,  originally it was simply (and encompasses more) the desires of the flesh , and desires of the eyes,  later becoming lust of the flesh and lust of the eyes.)

Edited by jeff_student_of_Jesus

• Members
5 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

I see no need to expound. Song of Solomon is very sensual in both areas. It deals with human sexuality as well as with a person's love for God.

https://www.preaching.com/sermons/human-sexuality-the-sensual-christian-song-of-solomon/ 

Blessings. 

It however had NOTHING to do with music....Nice way to take a thread off course, BB

38 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

It however had NOTHING to do with music....Nice way to take a thread off course, BB

Really? It may not be country and western, etc., but it is music.

You can order the music on Love Versus from the Song of Solomon from the link below.

https://www.wisemusicclassical.com/work/28447/Love-Verses-from-the-Song-of-Solomon--Percy-Grainger/

Edited by Bouncing Bill

• Members

For multitudes(not everyone, obviously not for the remnant God gets for Himself) ,

for all the different reasons ,  today, 

"Now - it's probably too late! They have rejected the reproof of prophets and watchmen who really preach the truth! They are like those Paul warns about, who have become so lost in spiritual ignorance and blindness, they are past feeling conviction. They are confirmed in their worldly ways! They are so blind they believe they are honoring Christ and blessing multitudes of youth the church "can't reach." "

http://tscpulpitseries.org/english/1980s/ts870803.html

"That is what Paul said in his letter to the Ephesians. He was warning them not to walk as some do "in the vanity [pride] of their mind" (Ephesians 4:18). He warned of those who learned Christ in a perverted way, because their understanding was darkened. They were "cut off from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart" (Ephesians 4:18).

" The Christ they learned was not the Christ of God, the Lord of holiness, the master of purity. While they speak so sweetly of Jesus, and weep when they mention the name, and tell of a hunger to walk in the ways of Christ -

"Paul said of them, they "are past feeling and have given themselves over unto lasciviousness [lustfulness], to work all uncleanness with greediness" (Ephesians 4:19).

"That is what I saw last night at the music festival - a group of musicians who were pied pipers, leading many young people right into the arms of Satan with their smooth words about Jesus, about celebrating forgiveness - then with an energy of flesh and carnal greediness hard to fathom - they put their stamp of approval on a paganism right out of the devil's treasury. They were saying, by their music and their worldly, ghastly performance - that Jesus and the garbage of this world are compatible. They wore two masks - one of sincere followers of Christ, the other of performing clowns. With their faces lifted up to God, they cursed Him by their blasphemous mockery. Isaiah prophesied of such, "...they shall curse their king and their God, and look upward" (Isaiah 8:21). What they preach and practice are two different gospels.

"They are deceived, and consequently they are deceivers themselves. They have mislearned Christ! They have been duped, manipulated and cheated! They should have had a pastor or teacher with enough Holy Ghost discernment, with enough devotion to the true and holy Lord - to warn them, to show them that God does not put up with holding on to the old man and the old carnal ways. Why didn't their shepherds discern that these boys were walking in ignorance and spiritual blindness, not understanding the true demands of Christ? Why wasn't their greed dealt with - not so much for money and fame, but a greed that would not let go of the very thinking that once led them into drugs and emptiness. It's all coming out now - that these groups are falling on all sides, going back to the secular crowd, back to cocaine, back to groupies - playing the part of hypocrites and gospel phonies. Their shepherds are so easily conned, because they are blind in every way. Paul said it right, "For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret" (Ephesians 5:12). The very music they perform drives them back to darkness.

"Now - it's probably too late! They have rejected the reproof of prophets and watchmen who really preach the truth! They are like those Paul warns about, who have become so lost in spiritual ignorance and blindness, they are past feeling conviction. They are confirmed in their worldly ways! They are so blind they believe they are honoring Christ and blessing multitudes of youth the church "can't reach." "

• Members
6 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Really? It may not be country and western, etc., but it is music.

You can order the music on Love Versus from the Song of Solomon from the link below.

https://www.wisemusicclassical.com/work/28447/Love-Verses-from-the-Song-of-Solomon--Percy-Grainger/

You're showing yourself to be more of a troll than a serious participant. I'm not wasting my time on your attempts to do so after this. If necessary (and I don't want to) I will block you again. I don't have time for foolishness.

9 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

I don't group every genre (Well maybe some) into right or wrong, so you'd have to give me an example Country Gospel song.

OK.

1. Why Me 
  2. On the Wings of a Dove
  3. I'll Fly Away
  4. I See the Light
  5. Are You Washed in the Blood of the Lamb

When I was a kid every country music program or concert included one or more country religious songs. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:
  • I'll Fly Away
  • Are You Washed in the Blood of the Lamb

These are the only two songs that I'm familiar with. Sung correctly (Not bringing attention to self), I have have no problem with these two songs. 

1 hour ago, PastorMatt said:

These are the only two songs that I'm familiar with. Sung correctly (Not bringing attention to self), I have have no problem with these two songs. 

To me the song "Why Me," or "Why Me Lord" is one of the most soul searching prayers I've heard. 

Listen to his testimony of his religious experience out of which came "Why Me." Then listen to the song. 

https://countryrebel.com/blogs/videos/66295555-kris-kristofferson-opens-up-about-the-profound-religious-experience-that-inspired-why-me/

Here is another Country gospel prayer set to music.

"Help Me"

Edited by Bouncing Bill