• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

If you preach, what style of preaching do you use? Several questions follow....

• Members

When you preach (Pastors and laymen, please answer if you can), what is your style of presentation?

Are you monotone? 

Are you loud in emphasizing your points? 

Do you preach from notes, or off the top of your head "as the spirit leads" you? 

How long is your typical sermon? 

These are just questions I throw out there every now and then to try and gauge what preachers/laymen are doing. I'd appreciate your input. Please, let's try to stay on subject in this thread.

MODERATORS: If this is in the wrong section, would you please feel free to move it to the correct section. Thanks.

BT

• Members
12 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

These are just questions I throw out there every now and then to try and gauge what preachers/laymen are doing. I'd appreciate your input. Please, let's try to stay on subject in this thread.

When you preach what is your style of presentation? I usually preach a passage and apply the main points to the person listening.

Are you monotone? NO. I usually try to preach calmly and conversationally but authoritatively.

Are you loud in emphasizing your points? Only occasionally when its natural to do so. I don't do it as part of a "preachers rhythm".

Do you preach from notes, or off the top of your head "as the spirit leads" you? I usually make study notes that I refer to occasionally for verse references, main points or notes. However when preaching examples and applications are based somewhat "off the cuff style" but with passage and notes as reference points.

How long is your typical sermon? Typically an hour or so when preaching chapter by chapter but if topical no more than 45 min.

https://www.youtube.com/myfractalsoflife/

• Members
On 6/17/2021 at 10:14 AM, BrotherTony said:

When you preach (Pastors and laymen, please answer if you can), what is your style of presentation?

Are you monotone? 

Are you loud in emphasizing your points? 

Do you preach from notes, or off the top of your head "as the spirit leads" you? 

How long is your typical sermon? 

MODERATORS: If this is in the wrong section, would you please feel free to move it to the correct section. Thanks.

BT

When you preach what is your style of presentation? I almost always preach expository, or textual (mostly expository). When I teach, it is more topical. I never do narrative sermons, it's just not me.

Are you monotone? I'm not monotone by any means. I'm a very expressive person, and my preaching follows. I talk with my hands and emphasize a lot.

Are you loud in emphasizing your points? Occasionally. I don't ever intend on being loud. I try to always pray beforehand that the Lord will help me deliver the message exactly the way I need to deliver it. I pray if I need to be loud, that it will be portrayed as passion, and not contention. I pray if I need to be quite, that it will be meditative, and not boring.

Do you preach from notes, or off the top of your head "as the spirit leads" you? I almost always use notes, though I can preach without them. My notes, however, are just the basic points, subpoints, and Scriptures.

How long is your typical sermon? I generally preach until I'm done. But now, starting a new church (we had our first service a month ago), I have been making it a point of only preaching 30 to 35 minutes. My longest message that I'm aware of was 1 hour and 58 minutes. So basically I'm all over the place on time.

• Administrators

Are you monotone? Not really, but I'm sure there have been times I have

Are you loud in emphasizing your points? Yes and no. Sometimes when I get into the message I get loud

Do you preach from notes, or off the top of your head "as the spirit leads" you? I always use notes. Notes cover my points, subpoints, Scripture and illustrations.

How long is your typical sermon? 30-45 minutes