• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

NJ Governor Election

• Administrators

I don't know if anyone here lives in NJ or followed the GOP Governor elections in NJ this week, but my pastor Friend Phil Rizzo finished 2nd. He never held any political office before and jumped into the election only a few months ago. After much lies and the media ignoring him, I'm proud of his second place finish. Singh and him split votes otherwise it would have been very close.

Pastor Rizzo was very instrumental and helpful with us with the start of our church.

New Jersey Governor Election Results 2021 | Live Map Updates | Voting by County (politico.com)

• Members
6 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

I don't know if anyone here lives in NJ or followed the GOP Governor elections in NJ this week, but my pastor Friend Phil Rizzo finished 2nd. He never held any political office before and jumped into the election only a few months ago. After much lies and the media ignoring him, I'm proud of his second place finish. Singh and him split votes otherwise it would have been very close.

Pastor Rizzo was very instrumental and helpful with us with the start of our church.

New Jersey Governor Election Results 2021 | Live Map Updates | Voting by County (politico.com)

I don't live in NJ, but I have a pastor friend from college who lives in NJ and is on top of things like this. Rick Rule is his name? Does anybody know him? Good man with a wonderful family! We considered moving to NJ, but it's just too cold up there!

• Members
3 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

I don't live in NJ, but I have a pastor friend from college who lives in NJ and is on top of things like this. Rick Rule is his name? Does anybody know him? Good man with a wonderful family! We considered moving to NJ, but it's just too cold up there!

Don't move there unless you like paying taxes especially property.

• Members
8 hours ago, SureWord said:

Don't move there unless you like paying taxes especially property.

I don't believe we'll EVER move to Jersey. One is the taxes on property...two is the cold winters...three is the fact that we'd like to be back home in the Augusta, GA area with family and old friends. We've got a lot of people moving here to Tennessee, not only from Jersey, but from Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and New York. Most don't like what's going on in their governments in those states, either. 

• Members
3 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

The winters in Jersey are not cold, they don't even get much snow down there. ?

Yeah, they aren't too bad but try out the winters in Watertown, NY where I lived for a while. Now that's a winter.

2 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

I don't believe we'll EVER move to Jersey. One is the taxes on property...two is the cold winters...three is the fact that we'd like to be back home in the Augusta, GA area with family and old friends. We've got a lot of people moving here to Tennessee, not only from Jersey, but from Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and New York. Most don't like what's going on in their governments in those states, either. 

Yes, unfortunately, a lot of them bring their liberalism with them. Not all but some do and then proceed to wreck the areas they move too. When I moved to Virginia I told them I wasn't here to change anything. 

All my family except one uncle has moved out of the NJ. 

• Administrators

Watertown, NY does get very cold and has hard winters. I only go to upstate NY in the summer. 

I love the Northeast, can't see myself moving out. I love all 4 season, I love the people, and I love the pizza. 

• Members
1 hour ago, PastorMatt said:

Watertown, NY does get very cold and has hard winters. I only go to upstate NY in the summer. 

I love the Northeast, can't see myself moving out. I love all 4 season, I love the people, and I love the pizza. 

I've only been to upstate NY twice. Once to Rochester and once to other parts...Rochester was during a winter storm, and I hated being overpowered by snow, though I was used to it having been raised in IL, spending a lot of time in Wisconsin and Minnesota and Ontario, CAN during many winters of my youth. The "other parts" portion was in the winter, but it wasn't too bad. But that was over 40 years ago. ? I'm an "old man" now! LOL

2 hours ago, SureWord said:

Yeah, they aren't too bad but try out the winters in Watertown, NY where I lived for a while. Now that's a winter.

Yes, unfortunately, a lot of them bring their liberalism with them. Not all but some do and then proceed to wreck the areas they move too. When I moved to Virginia I told them I wasn't here to change anything. 

All my family except one uncle has moved out of the NJ. 

Unfortunately, when they move here to Tennessee, they try to bring their liberal ideology with them, and they whine and complain about the Republican "super majority" in the Tennessee House and the Repubs control of the Senate here as well. They also whine about us having a Republican governor. I ask them how they're fairing compared to their NJ incomes, etc., and they say they're improved....That's when I tell them they need to be thankful for those things then, but to continue to vote, and for whomever they choose. Most Dems in this state are weak on everything.