• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

You just might be an independent Baptist if....

• Members
17 minutes ago, Musician4God1611 said:

Not speaking of a group, but rather of an individual.

Ah, so a person with private interpretations. Anything is possible to believe even when its not consistent with any tradition of faith. However legitimate baptism requires a church to join which practices it. If no church practices what an individual believes about baptism then its an opinion on a church matter that doesn't matter.

Edited by John Young

• Members

Never said the person was right, I just said they can still go to heaven. Baptists will not be the only ones in heaven. And contrary to what some may believe, All the Christians in the world that have the right doctrine are not necessarily Baptist. Look, I'm an Independent Baptist. I know why I'm an Independent Baptist, and I will most likely be an Independent Baptist until the day I die. But I'm Baptist Because I'm a Bible believer, I'm not a Bible Believer because I'm a Baptist. 

Anyway, I digress. I wouldn't have pursued this dialog except for the fact that is the personification of exactly what I said. Independent Baptist seem to think they'll be the only ones in Heaven.

• Members

You might be independent Baptist if this is your favorite joke.....

"Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!" He said, "Nobody loves me." I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"

He said, "Yes." I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?" He said, "A Christian." I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?" He said, "Protestant." I said, "Me, too! What franchise?" He said, "Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?" He said, "Northern Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"

He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region." I said, "Me, too!"

Northern Conservative†Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912." I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over." ~ Emo Phillips

Edited by John Young

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Salyan said:

You might be an Independent Baptist if the pastor says “Let’s open in prayer” 20 minutes after beginning to preach. 

I been in those services before and might even have been guilty of doing this.

• Members
15 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

I been in those services before and might even have been guilty of doing this.

I believe I did this one time around 16 years ago. I thought that cold medicine tasted funny! ?

• Members

If you won't make any joyful noise to the Lord during worship service and feel uncomfortable by those who do but when you go to the game hollar and jump around with others like the Rapture is about to happen.

Edited by SureWord

• Members
3 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

When visiting a church and you see a few people raising their hands during a music special and the first thing you wonder is if you are in the right church, you just might be an Independent Baptist.

Yeah, they get worried they may have accidentally walked into a Pentecostal church.