• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Baptist group warns against rise in grief-stricken people seeking to contact the dead

• Administrators

https://www.christianpost.com/news/baptist-group-warns-against-seeking-occult-to-speak-to-the-dead.html

A Baptist group in the U.K. is warning against occult spirituality following the rise in people trying to communicate with the dead, particularly those grieving the loss of loved ones who died from COVID-19..... 

Do people read the Bible anymore? :think_smiley_50:

• Members
27 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

https://www.christianpost.com/news/baptist-group-warns-against-seeking-occult-to-speak-to-the-dead.html

A Baptist group in the U.K. is warning against occult spirituality following the rise in people trying to communicate with the dead, particularly those grieving the loss of loved ones who died from COVID-19..... 

Do people read the Bible anymore? :think_smiley_50:

Sadly, Brother, this is becoming more common in Western civilization. I haven't been able to find any evidence to confirm it's happening in other groups, but I'm sure that where there are people, there are people trying to contact the dead. People really need to be studying their Scriptures and leaning on the Lord instead of spiritualism. I've got a sister-in-law who is currently involved with "ghost busting" and contacting other spirits, and I had a friend who was a "spiritualist/ghost buster" that I worked with at Menards Hardware in Pekin IL for several years. I also knew a lady whom my former business partner and I painted a car for named Greta Alexander who was world famous for helping to locate people who had passed on, been killed (she helped the police find several bodies), and she told me that I was a "conductor" of spirits. That scared me. I told her I had the Holy Spirit living in me, and that seemed to stop the conversation, for which I was thankful.