Online Baptist

A New Adra Joins the Fun!

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

Thanks for all the warm wishes everyone. It's been a real testing 2 months for us...

Back in May I took 2 tests which said I was pregnant. I went to the doctor and got a blood test done. The nurse called the next day and told me it was negative for pregnancy. She sounded really distracted and was really rude to me on the phone when I tried to ask some questions. So I was really confused because of the positive home tests and the symptoms I'd been having. So antoher month went by and I was still having the symptoms added to it was feeling nauseaous and tired in the morning and at night. I took another test yesterday and it was positve, so I called the doctor. I was saying to him "I know the blood test came back negative for pregnancy and I'm just really confused as to what's going on." He was like "UHH...they told you it was negative? THAT was a big mistake because I'm looking at the test and this blood test you had taken was positive!" I had been pregnant all this time....craazy!! I was so happy and relieved I started laughing on the phone. :P I should've just listened to my body instead of that silly nurse. I kinda wish I could give her a piece of my mind, but I figure it's better to be nice about it. Whew I hope she learns a lesson from this and is more careful when she gives people results on their blood tests.

• Lady Administrators

:wow: That is so wonderful! Congratulations to you both. :thumb

Rachel - Glad that nurse was wrong and yes, listen to your body...that baby will tell you what you need by your cravings. Samer - when she's craving something, it really is a truism that she needs whatever nutrition is in it. Even if it's midnight. :Green

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! What a wonderful blessing the Lord has sent your way! :praise: Spend a lot of time doing things together and enjoying each others company alone before baby comes.................even after getting to #7 it is always the same. Babies are so wonderful, but demanding little critters for the first few months. Lydia is now 6wks old, and boy, has she really cut into my OB time!! I'm lucky if I can get a moment to READ any posts, let alone time to type anything.........which is usually one handed--and with my left hand at that! :lol

• 2 weeks later...

That's what a baby looks like at 9 weeks in the womb. WOW! Samer and I are just amazed at this little life growing inside of me. Our baby can hiccup, wrap it's fingers around it's nose and ears, and it is moving all around now because it's joints are formed. I think the process of baby development in the womb is the MOST incredible proof of a wonderful Creator God!

Rachel, it is amazing, what a wonderful gift God can give. I will testify that Samer will never be the same after he looks in that babies eyes for the 1st time. That is a moment I will never forget.

And to think, we have people who claim to be Christians and to love Christ, but yet they're for murdering babies before they are born.

I know!!! How could ANYONE kill a little baby that's inside of themselves?? I was reading that the earliest partial brith abortions are performed is 20 weeks....20 weeks is when the baby can finally recognize their mother's voice. DON'T tell me that isn't a living human being!!!!!!!!! It makes me so mad and upset. I really shouldn't even be talking about it..makes me sick and mad worse than anything else. Now that I am carrying a little one, it just makes it even worse when I think about what some women do to "cover" their sin.

Guest Guest

"Among Women - Cornerstone" is a Christian agency that helps support woman with all trials in their lives, including pregnancy. Much has been proven that a woman (and/or man) will often suffer emotionally, later in life, from an abortion. There are Christian agency's who aid in helping with "abortion healing". Thank the Lord for his forgiveness... that a woman?man can repent of this horrible sin. It makes no sense that something like Roe vs. Wade was ever passed in this country. :thumbdown Another horrific abomination that man commits against a loving God. :sad

joyfulpraise...imagine being a mom? Being a parent is the best thing that God can entrust to any human being. Samer will never be the same again, ITA! :thumb Get plenty of rest, and good nutrition...b/c this baby will keep you both very busy. You are quite blessed! :clap: :Bible:

candlelight

I feel the same way. After having been pregnant 4 times it is beyond me how anyone could rationalize abortion. It breaks my heart to think of it. There is an abortion clinic here in town and I purposely avoid driving by it b/c I cry everytime. When I was pregnant, I would physically get sick, I couldn't handle it.

yeah, get plenty of rest now.....you won't sleep through the night for a very long time afterwards! LOL

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

joyfulpraise...that is wonderful! I am getting emotional now, thinking back to when we heard our son's heartbeat for the first time. I will also never forget the first time we locked eyes. He looked up at me with "those baby blue eyes" the day I delivered him. :smile His beautiful face is forever imprinted in my brain. What a blessing a baby is! Psalm 127:3...Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD; and the fruit of the womb is his reward. KJV 1611 AV. God bless all 3 of you!

candlelight

I dreamed about the baby ALL night last night. It was such a wonderful dream. I really wanted to go back to sleep this morning and see if I could dream about holding my baby again. In my dreams the baby is a girl, but for some reason I really think I'm having a boy. According to the old wives' tale, since my baby's heartrate is over 140, it's a girl, but we all know how wrong those wives' tales can be!

I have all boys and at least two of them (maybe more) had heartrates over 160 at the first heart check.... its a little more "telling" later on when they are bigger...but even then, I had a couple with fairly fast heartrates.