Online Baptist Community
  • Newest Sermon Entry

• By 1Timothy115 in Devotionals
      Psalms 119:1-8                                         Sep. 5 - Oct. 2, 2019
      1 ALEPH. Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
      2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
      3 They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.
      4 Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.
      5 O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
      6 Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.
      7 I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.
      8 I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.
      The following verse stood out to me...
      5 O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
      At first glance it seemed to me this person’s soul is poured out with intense desire to have God’s direction in keeping His Word.
      I made a small wood fire in our backyard for my granddaughter, Julia, since she would be staying overnight with us. My wife and Julia stayed outside at the fire for about half an hour. Then, I found myself alone to watch the fire die out on a particularly lovely evening. So I took my verse from above and began to repeat it for memorization. As I repeated the verse, I tried to contemplate the words and apply them to what I was seeing around me. 
      The moon and stars were out now peering through the scattered clouds above.
      [Genesis 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. Genesis 1:17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, Genesis 1:18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.]
      Thought 1         
      The moon has stayed his course since the day God created him, also the stars, obeying the statutes directed by God from the first day they were created. Can you imagine God’s direction to the Moon and stars, “moon you will have a path through the sky above the earth, stars you will occupy the firmament above the moon and be clearly visible in the cloudless night sky.”
      Then, the trees, grass, even the air we breathe obey the statues God gave them from the beginning. None of these creations have souls, none have hearts, none have intelligence, but they all observe God’s statutes, His instructions for their limited time on earth.
      Thought 2
      What if we were like the moon, stars, trees, grass, or the other creations which have no soul? We would be directed to keep God’s statutes without choosing to keep them. This is not the image of God, there would be no dominion over other creatures, or over the earth. We would not be capable of experiencing the joy and peace of learning the love of God
      Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
      Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
      Thought 3 (October 2, 2019)
      Is the psalmist pleading God to force God’s statutes to become the man’s ways? No, he is speaking of his own failure in keeping God’s statutes and his desire to keep them, very much like Paul in Romans 7:14-25.
      God doesn’t work through force to turn men from their ways that they would desire His statutes or desire God Himself. Men must reject (repent) put aside his own ways and voluntarily seek God and His statutes.

The number of a man

Rate this topic

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

Konstantin is certainly a false teacher, twisting the Bible. Could be a false prophet if he is claiming that these interpretations/predictions are from him. Otherwise, he is just a heretic, passing on the false teachings of others.

First time I ever heard someone try to equate the number 666 - which is literally six hundred and sixty six - mean the sixth month of the year 2066. Hm, things that are different are not the same!

• Members
On 5/26/2021 at 11:44 PM, BrotherTony said:

Doesn't the Bible tell us in 

Mark 13:32-33

King James Version

32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.  ? 

I don't really like it when people make predictions about when things are SUPPOSED to happen. I've seen far too many people do this in the past, and it's been proven to be a failure time and again. 

I already wrote above that this is only about one significant event. There will be several such events in the future time period, including "the mariage of the Lambe" (Rev.19:7) on the day of Pentecost.

• Members
4 hours ago, Konstantin said:

I already wrote above that this is only about one significant event. There will be several such events in the future time period, including "the mariage of the Lambe" (Rev.19:7) on the day of Pentecost.

Not to be derogatory or argumentative, but I find that this is still a product of ill-timed conclusions. As I've stated, many, MANY people have made claims like this, and they've proven to be false. It's not even wise to make the prediction of what God will do on any date.

• Members

Stupid "slow bellies" (Tit.1:12), "Christians" are ready to call God Himself a fool.
"a thousand two hundred and threescore dayes" (Rev.11:3)
"fortie and two moneths" (Rev.13:5)
"a thousand two hundred and ninetie dayes" (Dan.12:11)
"the thousand, three hundred and fiue and thirtie dayes" (Dan.12:12)

• Members
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PastorMatt said:

6:66 PM

Now that IS funny, PastorMatt! Love it! 🙂

49 minutes ago, Konstantin said:

Stupid "slow bellies" (Tit.1:12), "Christians" are ready to call God Himself a fool.

These Scriptures STILL don't prove your point. I believe your hermeneutics are way off here. But, as I've stated, it's not worth wasting time arguing about.  It's a diversionary tactic of the adversary.

Edited by BrotherTony

• Members
1 hour ago, Konstantin said:

Your just chucking verses out there. 

• Members
3 hours ago, BrotherTony said:
4 hours ago, Konstantin said:

These Scriptures STILL don't prove your point. I believe your hermeneutics are way off here. But, as I've stated, it's not worth wasting time arguing about.  It's a diversionary tactic of the adversary.

I am not guided by hermeneutics, exegesis, or evolutionary theory. These disciplines were invented by people. Scripture calls these disciplines science, fasly so called (1 Tim. 6:20). I am setting forth biblical doctrine.

• Members
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Konstantin said:

I am not guided by hermeneutics, exegesis, or evolutionary theory. These disciplines were invented by people. Scripture calls these disciplines science, fasly so called (1 Tim. 6:20). I am setting forth biblical doctrine.

Then you're not rightly dividing the Word. And I believe you meant to use the words 'science, FALSLY so called." Correct? You can't set forth Biblical doctrine if you're not exegetically doing so. In my opinion, you're misrepresenting the Word of God, and trying to lead people here astray. This shows you're not being led by the Holy Spirit, either. I don't find that acceptable. I think most have already seen the less than accurate way you show your theories. 

2 hours ago, SureWord said:

Your just chucking verses out there. 

Yes, they are, and it isn't very responsible of them. 

Edited by BrotherTony

• Members
12 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:
29 minutes ago, Konstantin said:

Then you're not rightly dividing the Word. .. In my opinion, you're misrepresenting the Word of God, and trying to lead people here astray. This shows you're not being led by the Holy Spirit, either. 

These are unfounded accusations. Scripture calls such accusations slander.

• Members
Posted (edited)

You know what's gonna happen don't you?  When his "biblical doctrine" fails as miserably as Joseph Smith's golden plates he'll blame us saying because we didn't have faith the Lord wouldn't show up.

Or he'll stop posting thinking we'll believe he alone was raptured like Enoch.

Edited by SureWord

• Members
Posted (edited)

I would dare say that this person can't back their arguments. They've already admitted that they can't rightly divide the Word. If he's not hermeneutically sound in his exegesis, then he's not interested in telling the truths of the Word of God.

Edited by BrotherTony

• Members
13 hours ago, Konstantin said:

These are unfounded accusations. Scripture calls such accusations slander.

Nobody here has slandered you (and in PRINT, it would known as "libel," not slander) in any way, shape or form. They are just voicing their observations of your continued bad interpretation of the Word of God, your placing dates that can't be known by man, but by God alone, and your constant insults against those who disagree with you. Maybe you should consider another approach. The accusations aren't "unfounded" at all. It's all right here before us.

• Administrators
22 hours ago, Konstantin said:

Stupid lazy sectarians are not able to read further on the link All stupid lazy cultists will remain on Earth.

This has nothing to do with your links or your beliefs. It was about the name calling and abusive behavior towards others. Anyone using that kind of behavior would get a warning regardless of their beliefs.