• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Does anyone still follow sports or did you give up?

• Administrators

For some time now it seems as if athletes use their job to protests political issues. Whether it be kneeling for national anthem, or wearing political statements on their jerseys, it seems to be the new norm.

I've heard a few Christians say they are done with sports because of the political bias. How ab out you, anyone still watch sports? I watch very little compared to what I used to watch, that is due to time and my lack of interest.

• Members
1 hour ago, PastorMatt said:

For some time now it seems as if athletes use their job to protests political issues. Whether it be kneeling for national anthem, or wearing political statements on their jerseys, it seems to be the new norm.

I've heard a few Christians say they are done with sports because of the political bias. How ab out you, anyone still watch sports? I watch very little compared to what I used to watch, that is due to time and my lack of interest.

I've pretty much given up on all sports except on my favorite football team the Buffalo Bills but I'm very close to that since they stay in the locker room during the Anthem and they are requiring vaccines to enter games now. It's just I've been a fan of them since 1980 and it's hard to just drop them like that.  I am disgusted with what's going on in the NFL and the whining multi-millionaire athletes.

Other than that I'll watch a MMA fight occasionally. Dana White, the owner, may be a big meathead but he at least supports free speech and respected President Trump.

I used to be a huge baseball fan but I can't take the length of the games  anymore. Five hours for some games, really?

I used to take my mom to see the Lynchburg Hillcats play where the games were about 2 hours long but after some tattooed drunk became very disrespectful to my mom  I became so furious I told the usher he better do something about him or I was going to throw him over the deck railing. Of course, like what seems to be taking place in most of the country these days, he ran to defend to the rights of the loudmouth drunk so that was our last game.

Edited by SureWord

• Administrators

I hear ya, I plan on going to a couple of Red Sox games this year, but that's about it. Once college basketball season starts I'll go to a few UConn games, but that's nothing compared to what I used to do. 

• Members

Interesting that the pretense of a "woke" NFL would be exposed so easily, documenting their true feelings about blacks. Just as all white leftist leaders are racists and slave keepers since their beginnings when the democrat party was formed to oppose emancipation. Now they simply enslave through emotional manipulation and psychological oppression. Being "woke" simply means controlling the common folks.

Blacks have less cognitive abilities than white players argues the NFL and should not receive an equal judgment in brain damage cases.

• Administrators

I used to watch baseball when I was younger. It's always been my favorite sport. But I haven't watched in years just because. Hubs really only likes college football - specifically the Buckeyes. He tries to watch those games when they play, if we can record it (to eliminate commercials). He will once in a while watch other college teams, but that is more or less to gauge how they will play against the Bucks.  He did enjoy NFL games previously, but is not interested in them at all now.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

I used to watch baseball when I was younger. It's always been my favorite sport. But I haven't watched in years just because

Baseball has always been my favorite to. CT is sandwiched between Boston and New York, so any given night we can go to Fenway, Yankee Stadium (I have to hold my nose when typing that), or Citi field. We even have I believe around 4 minor league teams within 45 minutes we can go to. 

I'll take my daughter to Fenway once this year since I promised her I'd take her.

12 hours ago, Ukulelemike said:

I never did, so, still don't. Guess I didn't really need to post, but I need the attention. 

Sports: Bleah!

attention GIF

• Members

I went to see the Royals vs the Phillies in the 1980 World Series. Lots of HOFers on both teams. I was a huge George Brett fan. I go to see the Orioles at least once a year, except for last season, but I really don't watch it on TV anymore. 

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, SureWord said:

I went to see the Royals vs the Phillies in the 1980 World Series. Lots of HOFers on both teams. I was a huge George Brett fan. I go to see the Orioles at least once a year, except for last season, but I really don't watch it on TV anymore. 

Pine tar anyone? ?

• Administrators
8 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

Baseball has always been my favorite to. CT is sandwiched between Boston and New York, so any given night we can go to Fenway, Yankee Stadium (I have to hold my nose when typing that), or Citi field. We even have I believe around 4 minor league teams within 45 minutes we can go to. 

I'll take my daughter to Fenway once this year since I promised her I'd take her.

I've never been to a live game (professional, that is). I would probably enjoy it.

• Administrators
15 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

I've never been to a live game (professional, that is). I would probably enjoy it.

They are fun and I prefer baseball over basketball games as you don't have to deal with cheerleaders and dancing, and its outside which I prefer. I don't go to Celtics games anymore because of the "entertainment" shows that seem to be the dominants force. The biggest thing for me and baseball is the beer, not that I'm tempted, but dunk people make things annoying. 

• Members
2 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

They are fun and I prefer baseball over basketball games as you don't have to deal with cheerleaders and dancing, and its outside which I prefer. I don't go to Celtics games anymore because of the "entertainment" shows that seem to be the dominants force. The biggest thing for me and baseball is the beer, not that I'm tempted, but dunk people make things annoying. 

Ever been to a NFL game? I've been to one. The drinking is really bad. I wouldn't recommend bringing the children. 

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, SureWord said:

Ever been to a NFL game? I've been to one. The drinking is really bad. I wouldn't recommend bringing the children. 

No, I haven't, and it's not really on my things to do list ? Of, course having the majority of the games on a Sunday would make that difficult and I'm not going to go to a Monday night football game that starts at 9pm. 

• Members
1 hour ago, PastorMatt said:

No, I haven't, and it's not really on my things to do list ? Of, course having the majority of the games on a Sunday would make that difficult and I'm not going to go to a Monday night football game that starts at 9pm. 

Yeah, that wouldn't look good.

"Where's Pastor Matt today? Is he at a missions conference?"

"No".

"Is he preaching at a revival?"

"No."

"Is he caring for a sick family member?"

"No."

"Well, where is he today?"

"He's at the Patriots game!"

?