• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How often do you attend church in person?

In Person Church Attendance  

37 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you attend church in person?

• Only Sunday Morning
    • Sunday Morning & Sunday Night
    • Every Time the church door is open (Health permitting)
    • I only watch live-streams services
    • Other (Please specify)

• Administrators

The point of this topic is NOT to criticize those attending or not attending in person services, but rather to see where our culture is currently at.

How are you currently attending church services?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, SureWord said:

Usually Sunday School and Sunday morning service unless I'm out of town visiting my mother. My church is just too far away to attend twice on Sunday but I'm thinking of attending Wednesday service once school lets out.

Just out of curiosity, how far of a drive is it to your church?

• Members
2 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

Just out of curiosity, how far of a drive is it to your church?

About 30 miles so around 60 miles total. I only have one old car and live with my father who I take care of so I can't be running the car into the ground.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

My wife and I usually attend only Sunday School and the Sunday morning service. Our church no longer has evening services or small groups on Sunday except for the youth. They have had Wednesday evenings, but we seldom make those since my wife doesn't make it home from work until right around the time the service starts. We usually get up at 2 AM or     3 AM, depending on how she is scheduled. She gets off work between 4 & 5 PM, and it usually ends up running late getting off. Services start at 6 PM on Wednesday. My wife isn't home until around that time or later, driving one way to an from work, the travel time being between 1 hr to 1 1/2 hrs depending on the traffic. UGH! We'd LOVE to be able to go to evening services if we could. I do get to attend a men's Bible study group on Tuesday evenings with the Cowpunchers Cowboy Church of Shelbyville, TN. Great group of men who have been a great help in my recovery.

• Members

I've often wondered, based on Hebrews 10:25, if churches should be meeting more often than what they have traditionally. As the day gets close, i.e. the Rapture, we are supposed to be assembling more often because the temptation to fall away becomes greater and greater. 

• Members
2 hours ago, SureWord said:

I've often wondered, based on Hebrews 10:25, if churches should be meeting more often than what they have traditionally. As the day gets close, i.e. the Rapture, we are supposed to be assembling more often because the temptation to fall away becomes greater and greater. 

'Wondered',  good?  Did the wondering lead to questioning, asking and keep asking,  seek and keep seeking,  knock and keep knocking,

until God Provides the Light ? (Answers)

"Traditionally" in Christendom is mostly demonic. i.e. what the world see traditionally turns them away from Christendom,  since it is harmful and not helpful, right?   (remembering or noting that there's over 2,000,000 (billion?) serving the demnons in religion,  and only a remnant,  only a few,  serving Jesus)

Of course ,  or rather if you mean something other by 'traditionally',  than the world /Christendom/ does and sees,  then perhaps better.

'Traditionally',  those who every day obey Jesus,  live as one every day,  serving one another in Christ,  daily laying down our lives for one another, everywhere.  Not just one day or two days,  for an hour.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, jeff_student_of_Jesus said:

'Wondered',  good?  Did the wondering lead to questioning, asking and keep asking,  seek and keep seeking,  knock and keep knocking,

"Traditionally" in Christendom is mostly demonic. i.e. what the world see traditionally turns them away from Christendom,  since it is harmful and not helpful, right?   (remembering or noting that there's over 2,000,000 (billion?) serving the demnons in religion,  and only a remnant,  only a few,  serving Jesus)

Of course ,  or rather if you mean something other by 'traditionally',  than the world /Christendom/ does and sees,  then perhaps better.

'Traditionally',  those who every day obey Jesus,  live as one every day,  serving one another in Christ,  daily laying down our lives for one another, everywhere.  Not just one day or two days,  for an hour.

This is the most useless response I’ve seen in a while. Could you please talk like a normal human being with proper use of English grammar? ?

• Members

By traditionally I don't mean li

6 hours ago, jeff_student_of_Jesus said:

By tradition I don't mean the commandments of men just the way most churches in the United States have been holding services for a long time. Monday, Wednesday or Thursday and Sunday. 

"Wondered" is a figure of speech I use a lot which is another way of me saying "I've thought about, meditated upon, considered". 

Edited by SureWord

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Don't get me wrong, It's good to attend if you're a woman with family or have kids, but if you're a single older man/woman it's pointless to attend, most sermons aren't oriented or directed at you, you just don't exist as a believer if you don't have a family or kids. Especially older woman, the sermons are only addressed to wives or young girls.

Visit if you have a friend or partner to introduce you to people, stay away if you're a newcomer to the assembly. Worship by yourself if you can't gain anything from attending.

Also, I know this will be unpopular but expecting people to attend ALL services is ridiculous. PEOPLE ARE EXHAUSTED after working for hours, they need to relax. I'm saying it's enough 1 day or 1 time during week. 

I'm convinced pastors fill up the week with useless stuff to attend so that they appear 'busy for the Lord' in front of their crowd or community. People have lives and stressful duties to attend to, they don't need scolding and criticism for missing services. 

Edited by Corinne