• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

President Unity Continues to Divide Us

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Second paragraph ... wrong question. The correct question is how many more would have gotten sick and died if they had not been wearing masks?

Your comment is like saying, doesn't do any good to stop smoking. They died 40 years later anyway.

I'm confused and that could just be because I'm getting old. What's the correlation between smoking and masks?

Could you please explain in more details? Thank you for your time.

3 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

I'm confused and that could just be because I'm getting old. What's the correlation between smoking and masks?

Could you please explain in more details? Thank you for your time.

In that regardless of whether we are talking about masks, tobacco, alcohol or something else, the underlying idea in your reply was, IMHO, faulty in its approach to the topic. Yes, some who wore masks may have gotten ill with COVID. That does not negate the benefits of wearing a mask for others who did not catch COVID because they were wearing masks. Masks are beneficial. We do not through out something good simply because it is not 100% effective. 

Two compelling case reports also suggest that masks can prevent transmission in high-risk scenarios, said Chin-Hong and Rutherford. In one case, a man flew from China to Toronto and subsequently tested positive for COVID-19. He had a dry cough and wore a mask on the flight, and all 25 people closest to him on the flight tested negative for COVID-19. In another case, in late May, two hair stylists in Missouri had close contact with 140 clients while sick with COVID-19. Everyone wore a mask and none of the clients tested positive.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/417906/still-confused-about-masks-heres-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent

Edited by Bouncing Bill

• Administrators

Am I missing something? I still am not understanding your correlation with smoking, drugs, and masks. Even more effective than wearing masks is staying home and not having any human contact...Science shoes that 100% effective. Unless one is staying home 100% of the time one is still putting a life at risk with covid. Makes no difference if you put one person at risk or 100. Life is all equal. I've always found in ironic that some people say that people that don't wear masks are putting peoples life in jeopardy, when mask are not 100% effective and they know it, but still stand there and talk to me knowing they are putting me at risk. 

During the flue season, every single person I come in contact with puts my life in jeopardy and I in no way expect others to conform to me. God gave me a brain to use personal discretion. 

We can share news stories all day long that show how effective masks are and also how ineffective they are.  Example... All 8 of the Yankees that tested positive wore masks and where vaccinated. That's a real high percentage for one team.  Even Texas lifted  it's mask mandate last month, had just recorded its first day since March with no deaths.

To sum it all up, I believe that we can do a better job of controlling our personal health than the government. After all, if our politicians cared so much about our health, why are we not on the same health care plans as them? Covid (Masks) is another example of government failed policies on us where they do not have to follow unless in front of a camera.

5 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

Am I missing something? I still am not understanding your correlation with smoking, drugs, and masks. Even more effective than wearing masks is staying home and not having any human contact...Science shoes that 100% effective. Unless one is staying home 100% of the time one is still putting a life at risk with covid. Makes no difference if you put one person at risk or 100. Life is all equal. I've always found in ironic that some people say that people that don't wear masks are putting peoples life in jeopardy, when mask are not 100% effective and they know it, but still stand there and talk to me knowing they are putting me at risk. 

During the flue season, every single person I come in contact with puts my life in jeopardy and I in no way expect others to conform to me. God gave me a brain to use personal discretion. 

We can share news stories all day long that show how effective masks are and also how ineffective they are.  Example... All 8 of the Yankees that tested positive wore masks and where vaccinated. That's a real high percentage for one team.  Even Texas lifted  it's mask mandate last month, had just recorded its first day since March with no deaths.

To sum it all up, I believe that we can do a better job of controlling our personal health than the government. After all, if our politicians cared so much about our health, why are we not on the same health care plans as them? Covid (Masks) is another example of government failed policies on us where they do not have to follow unless in front of a camera.

I agree, we should try to control our personal health. That seems a given to me. Also, I believe we have a responsibility to protect other people and their health. 

• Administrators

Wearing a mask is comparable to wearing a strip of window screen. The actual Corona Virus particles are SMALLER than the weave of any mask used to prevent it; so where is the protection for wearers or non-wearers?

Wear a mask
Sneeze in your elbow
Stay home
Don't touch your face
Wash your hands
Sterilize everything you touch
Don't visit anyone, including family
Stand six feet apart
Limit your time in public to lessen infection
Forbid any gatherings of more than X number of people
Forcibly close any and all institutions that do not comply 

Does anybody see a concentrated agenda to isolate people from each other? We, as humans are a social species and isolation can have severe consequences.

When was the last time you saw someone smile, or not be afraid to greet someone else?

Mandatory vaccination for all looms on the horizon.
No comply = no travel.
no comply = no buying.
no comply = no  selling.
no comply = business shut down.
no comply = no access to any services.

Covid19 = A grand global conspiracy experiment to control people.

It is very possible that The Mark of the Beast will be implemented in a manner very much like this; and millions will willingly comply through fear, apathy and ignorance.

1 John 4:18 (KJV) There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

17 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Wearing a mask is comparable to wearing a strip of window screen. The actual Corona Virus particles are SMALLER than the weave of any mask used to prevent it; so where is the protection for wearers or non-wearers?

Wear a mask
Sneeze in your elbow
Stay home
Don't touch your face
Wash your hands
Sterilize everything you touch
Don't visit anyone, including family
Stand six feet apart
Limit your time in public to lessen infection
Forbid any gatherings of more than X number of people
Forcibly close any and all institutions that do not comply 

Does anybody see a concentrated agenda to isolate people from each other? We, as humans are a social species and isolation can have severe consequences.

When was the last time you saw someone smile, or not be afraid to greet someone else?

Mandatory vaccination for all looms on the horizon.
No comply = no travel.
no comply = no buying.
no comply = no  selling.
no comply = business shut down.
no comply = no access to any services.

Covid19 = A grand global conspiracy experiment to control people.

It is very possible that The Mark of the Beast will be implemented in a manner very much like this; and millions will willingly comply through fear, apathy and ignorance.

1 John 4:18 (KJV) There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

But the droplets from a sneeze, etc. are much larger than the holes in the mask.

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

But the droplets from a sneeze, etc. are much larger than the holes in the mask.

It is  not the "droplets" that are the problem, it is the actual Corona particles. So, once the droplets touch the mask,  the particles go right through. Do you wear a mask during the Flu season, if not why not? Symptoms are the same as for Covid and the contagion rate is the same. They both attack the respiratory system and if you die, you die of complications, not  Covid.

Why is it that we do not shut down the whole world because of the Flu? No other mandatory restrictions either, wonder why that is.

Be sure to get your vaccination, the one that doesn't keep you from getting Covid19 and will not keep you from passing it on.

My mother taught me to cover a sneeze or cough. Seems like a simple solution. By the way, when was  the last time someone sneezed directly on you, or you sneezed directly on someone else?

• Members

I think all speed limits on the interstate highways should be reduced to 25 mph and no more than 15 mph on all other roads. Drivers should also be required to wear helmets. This will no doubt cut vehicular injuries and deaths by at least 90%. There would be no more need to enforce racist jaywalking laws either since it would be very easy to avoid jaywalkers at those speeds. 

3 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

It is  not the "droplets" that are the problem, it is the actual Corona particles. So, once the droplets touch the mask,  the particles go right through. Do you wear a mask during the Flu season, if not why not? Symptoms are the same as for Covid and the contagion rate is the same. They both attack the respiratory system and if you die, you die of complications, not  Covid.

Why is it that we do not shut down the whole world because of the Flu? No other mandatory restrictions either, wonder why that is.

Be sure to get your vaccination, the one that doesn't keep you from getting Covid19 and will not keep you from passing it on.

My mother taught me to cover a sneeze or cough. Seems like a simple solution. By the way, when was  the last time someone sneezed directly on you, or you sneezed directly on someone else?

1st paragraph. No the virus does not automatically go through the mask. They do not have a means of self transportation. Thus, they stay on the mask and in time die. 

If worn properly, a surgical mask is meant to help block large-particle droplets, splashes, sprays, or splatter that may contain germs (viruses and bacteria), keeping it from reaching your mouth and nose. Surgical masks may also help reduce exposure of your saliva and respiratory secretions to others.Apr 9, 2021 

After working and living in China I thought and still think that people should wear masks during the cold and flu seasons. Anyone with a cold should wear a mask to try to avoid spreading their cold. 

As an aside, a mask keeps the face warmer in the winter and keeps much pollen out of your nose and respiratory system in spring. 

2nd paragraph. This was a new disease. No one knew how lethal it would be nor how it might mutate into something more deadly. 

3rd paragraph. I get my flu show every year and will do the same with COVID if it is deemed necessary.

4th paragraph. Mother knows best. Good advice ... same as what my mom taught me. The last time someone sneezed in my face was over a year ago when a toddler at church sneezed in my face.

• Members

Interesting article linked just below. More interesting is that covid has all but eradicated the seasonal flu and all other respiratory viruses on paper:  Covid deaths alone in the U.S. have grand totaled: 9210 without comorbidity such as heart disease, decapitation, lung cancer, sucking chest wounds, traffic accidents, etc: Far less than any typical flu season prior to 2020.

Covid is a form of flu and is no doubt real. However, Satan's global government's response to it is the big hoax. They have made their move for one world government and there will be no going back. 

Those whom push the psychological abuse of the marxist media by guilt tripping others into being as gullible as they are need to know that those shots are not vaccines and have not been tested. This abuse the media is demanding out of the brainwashed is merely the conditioning they need for this. Check out this  Texas state Senate  hearing excerpt on these "vaccines".  

Some still watch, read and actually believe the marxist propaganda of the main stream media. Get away from it. Get educated while you still can with independent news sites, not owned or heavily influenced by china and their free trade created globalists. I suppose DARPA will shut down all independent sites soon enough but first they need an "national security" excuse. *Remember, truth is blocked, de-platformed, removed and censored because the reprobates cannot cloak their sins while there is still access to truth.

Say the same thing to them that the reprobates say whom actually do destroy others lives: "My body, My choice". 

Passports come next and they won't stay paper for long. The masks are conditioning to take the shots; the shots are conditioning to take a passport; the passports are conditioning to take a digital mark and this is worldwide throughout the industrialized nations. The covid hoax narrative is collapsing at this point however so expect another type of "pandemic", this time it will probably be a cyber-pandemic. They will get a mark on you one way or another to buy and sell and function in their new world society. 

• Moderators

I have worn masks ONLY when demanded of me-whenever I was able to not, I didn't. In the little town I live near, about 24K people, for most of the last year's mess, no one required masks, and we MAY have had, I don't know, a dozen or so who got sick, maybe 8 died, and half of them weren't from the area. And I go out regularly, eat out, shop, and haven't gotten sick. I DID get a flu, for about a day and a half, and was fine, my once every other decade flu.

By the way, I am 300 pounds, (down from 350), 57 years old-supposedly have a lot against me, but still haven't gotten sick.