• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Websites Being Backlisted

• Members

I just went to one of my study blogs to copy a quote and found out it has been reported for “phishing”, and has a big warning on each page you go to. I checked all my other blogs (including my poetry blog), and found all of them have this warning. I mentioned it to Angela Trenholm (my webpartner at EarnestlyContending.com) and she said our main websites have this warning as well. It must have been pretty recently as I have accessed some of my blogs within the last few weeks to get some of the studies and poems. At least the warning page gives you the option to “correct” the report and state why it was given in error.

Two main concerns is that this will turn away visitors from sound Bible studies (including clear presentations of the Gospel) and solid Bible-based poetry, and be another step in hostile unbelievers  blacklisting sound Christian sites. For those who don’t know, I am in BC, Canada. We have heard of other sites (especially in the US) being shut down or warned about due to controversial Christian content (like a preacher preaching against homosexuality and transgender issues), but I am surprised that it happened to my sites (containing poetry, devotionals, quotes and books/sermons by Christian preachers of the past).

Any thoughts?

• Members

I've heard of this happening before to Christian websites. I had a app on my Chrome that would warn of phishing sites and other undesirable websites to visit and some Christian websites would pop up as "hate sites". 

• Administrators

Taking a look at your site I believe it may be marked as phishing due to the following code.

<embed hidden="true" src="http://www.oldchristianradio.com/mcfnetwork1.asx" autostart="true"><noembed><bgsound src="http://www.oldchristianradio.com/mcfnetwork1.asx "></bgsound></noembed></embed>

That code is causing browsers to automatically download the mcfnetwork1.asx file which could be why your site is considered phishing. 

• Members

Matt, if that has possibly anything to do with it, I found out that I can remove it easily. It is from the blog layout page (one of the gadgets, as they call it) - easily found and removed for the whole site. I will just do that on my other three blogs, and at least that issue will be resolved. If it was caused by something else, I guess I will find out later.

• Members

I think it was Google. When I went to my blogs, the warning showed up, and when I clicked on the link to find out more, the page I went to next said it was reported for phishing.

I just checked right now and that warning is no longer on my blogs.

• Members

I was told a certain company, who will remain nameless for now, that if I was to re-purchase a site that my old partner and I had on the web and started publishing again, they would have to place notices on it as "hate speech" as well. It's disgusting to see how low some of these places are going in trying to silence Christian and conservative voices.