Online Baptist Community
  • Newest Sermon Entry

• By 1Timothy115 in Devotionals
      Psalms 119:1-8                                         Sep. 5 - Oct. 2, 2019
      1 ALEPH. Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
      2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
      3 They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.
      4 Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.
      5 O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
      6 Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.
      7 I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.
      8 I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.
      The following verse stood out to me...
      5 O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
      At first glance it seemed to me this person’s soul is poured out with intense desire to have God’s direction in keeping His Word.
      I made a small wood fire in our backyard for my granddaughter, Julia, since she would be staying overnight with us. My wife and Julia stayed outside at the fire for about half an hour. Then, I found myself alone to watch the fire die out on a particularly lovely evening. So I took my verse from above and began to repeat it for memorization. As I repeated the verse, I tried to contemplate the words and apply them to what I was seeing around me. 
      The moon and stars were out now peering through the scattered clouds above.
      [Genesis 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. Genesis 1:17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, Genesis 1:18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.]
      Thought 1         
      The moon has stayed his course since the day God created him, also the stars, obeying the statutes directed by God from the first day they were created. Can you imagine God’s direction to the Moon and stars, “moon you will have a path through the sky above the earth, stars you will occupy the firmament above the moon and be clearly visible in the cloudless night sky.”
      Then, the trees, grass, even the air we breathe obey the statues God gave them from the beginning. None of these creations have souls, none have hearts, none have intelligence, but they all observe God’s statutes, His instructions for their limited time on earth.
      Thought 2
      What if we were like the moon, stars, trees, grass, or the other creations which have no soul? We would be directed to keep God’s statutes without choosing to keep them. This is not the image of God, there would be no dominion over other creatures, or over the earth. We would not be capable of experiencing the joy and peace of learning the love of God
      Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
      Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
      Thought 3 (October 2, 2019)
      Is the psalmist pleading God to force God’s statutes to become the man’s ways? No, he is speaking of his own failure in keeping God’s statutes and his desire to keep them, very much like Paul in Romans 7:14-25.
      God doesn’t work through force to turn men from their ways that they would desire His statutes or desire God Himself. Men must reject (repent) put aside his own ways and voluntarily seek God and His statutes.

Official Covid Thread (Other Threads Merged in here)

Rate this topic

• Members
10 minutes ago, SureWord said:

I have another family member who was vaccinated come down with Covid. Also, because of an underlying medical condition he was so careful always wearing a mask and seldom even leaving home. He even stopped going to church. He still got it.

This is becoming quite common here. We have had friends who got the SHOT, and then caught the virus. My sister got the shot, and then started having flare-ups of her MS recently. Can't say it was because of the shot conclusively, but, strange that her flare-ups had NEVER been this intense in the past, and not anywhere near as frequent. It's awfully suspicious to me~

• Members
12 minutes ago, E Morales said:

Did they had need to visit the hospital, or just quarantine.

I'm not sure I need to ask my mother who got the news. I don't know the severity as if yet but he has had an organ transplant in the past so he's high risk. Now my aunt who was vaccinated they put her in the hospital to die.

11 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

This is becoming quite common here. We have had friends who got the SHOT, and then caught the virus. My sister got the shot, and then started having flare-ups of her MS recently. Can't say it was because of the shot conclusively, but, strange that her flare-ups had NEVER been this intense in the past, and not anywhere near as frequent. It's awfully suspicious to me~

All deaths are Covid related except those who die from the vaccine then it's natural causes.

My nephew's friend died of Covid after the shot and he was an healthy individual prior. 

• Members

I believe ALL of this over the past couple of years has been a conditioning towards that end. The government has to seek out and find who is going to fight against them if they try to implement these things. It's a slippery slope when POTUS' start to RULE by EO's instead of going through Congress. Biden has intentionally bypassed the Congress several times in the past nine months because he KNEW that Congress couldn't or wouldn't get things passed for him. There should be system to stop him from ruling by EO's...I'm beginning to wonder if the power of the EO shouldn't be questioned.....

• Members

Has anyone else noticed in the news cycles and in print how Covid is mentioned in every second or third story, and how the information doesn't always line up with the other stories? The confusion about the "booster" is a good example,,,the CDC has conflicting opinions, the director following what the POTUS wants, but the board recommending against the boosters; then stories about how the booster may not even be necessary. I believe the MSM plays a HUGE part in the confusion that is going on in the American public right now. 

Our government, and the governments of this world are playing upon the fears, and trying to increase those fears by the continued brainwashing of the people. But, the people seem to be gullible enough to follow these stories without question or searching for the truth on their own.

The New World Order is coming with the totalitarian Democrats trying to force "the shot" into people, and with the POTUS trying to go in through the back door using an EO instead of going through Congress to try and "make it so" for the shots to be mandatory. And with the coming of the Chrislam (couldn't believe this either) Center getting ready to open hosting Catholicism (what the world considers Christianity) and Islam together as a religion...My oh my! This could be the beginning of strong dillusions being placed on the hearts and minds of mankind.

• Members

Smething that was posted on my timeline by a friend today....

WE NEED TO KEEP OUR IMMUNE SYSTEMS IN TIP TOP SHAPE and educate ourselves about how to treat cov!d 19 if we should get it. MOST IMPORTANTLY PREPARE FOR ETERNITY because it is coming.

Last week, a new report from the Vacc!ne Adverse Event Reporting System was published.

In total: 726,963 adverse reactions to the jab, including:

15,386 deaths

20,789 permanent Disabilities

8,626 Bell’s Palsy

2,122 Miscarriages

7,267 Heart Attacks

149,000+ ER/Hospitalizations

These “freak breakthroughs” are happening in America, Europe, Australia, Asia, and Africa.

35 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Smething that was posted on my timeline by a friend today....

WE NEED TO KEEP OUR IMMUNE SYSTEMS IN TIP TOP SHAPE and educate ourselves about how to treat cov!d 19 if we should get it. MOST IMPORTANTLY PREPARE FOR ETERNITY because it is coming.

Last week, a new report from the Vacc!ne Adverse Event Reporting System was published.

In total: 726,963 adverse reactions to the jab, including:

15,386 deaths

20,789 permanent Disabilities

8,626 Bell’s Palsy

2,122 Miscarriages

7,267 Heart Attacks

149,000+ ER/Hospitalizations

These “freak breakthroughs” are happening in America, Europe, Australia, Asia, and Africa.

Just curious, what is the source of your statistics?

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

The website the information was from is https://vaers.hhs.gov/faq.html  

If you really want to find the statistics listed above in the thread, you need to sift through information, it's not really provided in an easy to access article. Happy hunting. https://wonder.cdc.gov/vaers.html

Edited by Rebecca

• Members
36 minutes ago, Salyan said:

It's also of note that it is estimated that only 1% of adverse reactions are reported to VAERS.

I know...doesn't that seem weird? I can't believe mor people who are suffering adverse reactions don't report it, but some of the people who we know who have had adverse reactions don't think it's related to the vaccines because of the way the government and health officials have been telling them "they're safe and effective!" UGH!

• Members
Posted (edited)

The government keeps saying these Covid shots are so safe and effective...please, tell me then why we have so many reports that keep showing up, even in the MSM telling us about things like this possible link between one of the shots and blood clots....Link below

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/jandj-vaccine-could-be-linked-to-another-clotting-condition-eu/ar-AAP3mSB?ocid=chromentpnews

Also, another news report said that we didn't have an FDA appoved Covid Vaccine here in the USA. There IS one that's approved for other areas of the globe, but, it's not the same as the Pfizer vaccine used here in this country. They only extended the EUA here in the USA...the MSM and the government is once again trying to pull the wool over people's eyes by only giving partial and INCORRECT information. Tell me they're NOT a danger to people in this country. Only totalitarian regimes try this stuff!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/crocodile-sinks-teeth-into-flying-drone/vi-AAP48PK?ocid=chromentpnews

Edited by BrotherTony

• Members
28 minutes ago, E Morales said:

It's a shame that people fall for this junk! They're endangering their lives by taking "the jab." But, if the government wants to try and coerce/bribe people into taking it, and the people want to follow...more power to each of them.

• Members
28 minutes ago, SureWord said:

I just watched a video of another fully vaccinated couple that died from Covid only hours apart.

I've seen several of those lately, and I've also read an article (don't remember from where, but it was on my homepage) that showed a couple who died just minutes apart from the virus. They were in their middle 60s.