Jump to content
Online Baptist Community
  • Newest Sermon Entry

    • By 1Timothy115 in Devotionals
         11
      Psalms 119:1-8                                         Sep. 5 - Oct. 2, 2019
      1 ALEPH. Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
      2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
      3 They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.
      4 Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.
      5 O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
      6 Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.
      7 I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.
      8 I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.
      The following verse stood out to me...
      5 O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
      At first glance it seemed to me this person’s soul is poured out with intense desire to have God’s direction in keeping His Word.
      I made a small wood fire in our backyard for my granddaughter, Julia, since she would be staying overnight with us. My wife and Julia stayed outside at the fire for about half an hour. Then, I found myself alone to watch the fire die out on a particularly lovely evening. So I took my verse from above and began to repeat it for memorization. As I repeated the verse, I tried to contemplate the words and apply them to what I was seeing around me. 
      The moon and stars were out now peering through the scattered clouds above.
      [Genesis 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. Genesis 1:17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, Genesis 1:18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.]
      Thought 1         
      The moon has stayed his course since the day God created him, also the stars, obeying the statutes directed by God from the first day they were created. Can you imagine God’s direction to the Moon and stars, “moon you will have a path through the sky above the earth, stars you will occupy the firmament above the moon and be clearly visible in the cloudless night sky.”
      Then, the trees, grass, even the air we breathe obey the statues God gave them from the beginning. None of these creations have souls, none have hearts, none have intelligence, but they all observe God’s statutes, His instructions for their limited time on earth.
      Thought 2
      What if we were like the moon, stars, trees, grass, or the other creations which have no soul? We would be directed to keep God’s statutes without choosing to keep them. This is not the image of God, there would be no dominion over other creatures, or over the earth. We would not be capable of experiencing the joy and peace of learning the love of God
      Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
      Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
      Thought 3 (October 2, 2019)
      Is the psalmist pleading God to force God’s statutes to become the man’s ways? No, he is speaking of his own failure in keeping God’s statutes and his desire to keep them, very much like Paul in Romans 7:14-25.
      God doesn’t work through force to turn men from their ways that they would desire His statutes or desire God Himself. Men must reject (repent) put aside his own ways and voluntarily seek God and His statutes.

Official Covid Thread (Other Threads Merged in here)

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

  • Administrators
1 hour ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Because of COVID the life expectancy in the U.S. had dropped 1.5 years in 2020.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/07/21/life-expectancy-covid/

 

That's it? Just down 1.5 years. With what I hear in the media I would have thought it dropped by 10-20 years. This is a welcome relief from what I've been hearing.  No death is good, but this is good news from what we've been told. This reaffirms my opinion, thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

That's it? Just down 1.5 years. With what I hear in the media I would have thought it dropped by 10-20 years. This is a welcome relief from what I've been hearing.  No death is good, but this is good news from what we've been told. This reaffirms my opinion, thank you.

The life expectancy of the US has been declining for several years. COVID added fuel to the fire. Overdose deaths from Opioids has also been a driving force.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
6 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Because of COVID the life expectancy in the U.S. had dropped 1.5 years in 2020.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/07/21/life-expectancy-covid/

 

And this in a year that has seen a drop in deaths from all causes; Pandemic huh? One would think that because of the monumental numbers of "supposed" Covid deaths, that the overall number of deaths from all causes would have increased.... But then, that "one" would have to actually think about it in a reasonable manner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jim_Alaska said:

And this in a year that has seen a drop in deaths from all causes; Pandemic huh? One would think that because of the monumental numbers of "supposed" Covid deaths, that the overall number of deaths from all causes would have increased.... But then, that "one" would have to actually think about it in a reasonable manner.

You seem to be in error. Please give me a credible source for your information.

Death certificates indicate that 572,000 more people died in 2020 than in 2019. 

https://usafacts.org/articles/preliminary-us-death-statistics-more-deaths-in-2020-than-2019-coronavirus-age-flu/ s from 2020 are still being processed, over 572,000 more people died in 2020 than in 2019.e death certificates from 2020 are still being processed, over 572,000 more people died in 2020 than in 2019.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
6 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

The life expectancy of the US has been declining for several years. COVID added fuel to the fire. Overdose deaths from Opioids has also been a driving force.  

in fact, according to U.S. Life Expectancy 1950-2021 | MacroTrends, in 1950 the average life expectancy was 68.14 years, in 2021 is it78.99 years. The trend has been a constant rise since 1950.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
6 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

This is sad. Biden not being transparent of covid cases of the vaccinated in the White House.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/21/politics/white-house-covid-transparency/index.html

There's a lawsuit right now by "whistleblower" within VAERS (they are the government site that tracks Covid vaccine deaths) claiming he can prove at least 45,000 deaths within a three day period from the vaccines which are not being reported. I bet you won't hear the on CNN or MSNBC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
3 hours ago, SureWord said:

There's a lawsuit right now by "whistleblower" within VAERS (they are the government site that tracks Covid vaccine deaths) claiming he can prove at least 45,000 deaths within a three day period from the vaccines which are not being reported. I bet you won't hear the on CNN or MSNBC.

That is what is sad...the Government is trying to pull the wool over the people's eyes and terrorize them into complying with getting the vax! If they have to do it that way, there's something definitely wrong. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
4 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

That is what is sad...the Government is trying to pull the wool over the people's eyes and terrorize them into complying with getting the vax! If they have to do it that way, there's something definitely wrong. 

 

In Canada, Alberta ran a million dollar lottery - get the jab, get an entry in the lottery. In Ontario, they were bribing children in parks (alone! without their parents!) with ice cream if they got the shot. There has been a huge propaganda campaign to both convince people of the terror of Covid and to get the jab.  Real pandemics don't require advertising.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
4 minutes ago, Salyan said:

In Canada, Alberta ran a million dollar lottery - get the jab, get an entry in the lottery. In Ontario, they were bribing children in parks (alone! without their parents!) with ice cream if they got the shot. There has been a huge propaganda campaign to both convince people of the terror of Covid and to get the jab.  Real pandemics don't require advertising.

From what my wife has told me, several companies in our area are doing something similar, and some of the states here in the US have considered and might now be doing the same thing. It's crazy to think so many people have been drinking the government Kool-Aid!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As GOP supporters die of COVID, the party remains split in its vaccination message.

Top Trump supporters keep casting doubt on Covid-19 vaccines. Ahead of next year's midterms, that means missing a chance to give Trump credit. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/gop-supporters-die-covid-party-remains-split-its-vaccine-message-n1274619

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
19 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

As GOP supporters die of COVID...

lol, nice stereotype buddy. I know you're quoting it in agreement with the article. Keep watching the  news and you'll believe that. I wasn't aware that covid just killed people with certain pollical afflictions. Get out there and talk to people. I can take take you to countless people that aren't Republican's who refuse the vaccine.

 I can see the conversation take place right now.

Baptist: I know you're dying of covid, do you know where you'll spend eternity?
Doctor: I know you're dying of covid, if you voted Democrat you wouldn't be dying right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

lol, nice stereotype buddy. Keep watching the  news and you'll believe that. I wasn't aware that covid just killed people with certain pollical afflictions. Get out there and talk to people. I can take take you to countless people that aren't Republican's who refuse the vaccine.

 I can see the conversation take place right now.

Baptist: I know you're dying of covid, do you know where you'll spend eternity?
Doctor: I know you're dying of covid, if you voted Democrat you wouldn't be dying right now.

As the majority of people refusing to be vaccinated are Republicans more Republicans are dying of COVID than Democrats. Just look at the states with the highest number of cases and seen which party has the most registered voters and which party has the most vaccinated people.

I know you want to ignore this, but facts are nasty things and force us, if we are honest, to change our opinion.

I know you are smarter than your reply indicates. 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
7 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

I wasn't aware that covid just killed people with certain pollical afflictions.

Trump and Pence are pro-vaccine by the way.... so the Anti-Vac movement is not their fault. (unless someone thinks he is promoting the Anti-Vac movement by not forcing it on people and allowing freedom of choice.)

"I would recommend it, and I would recommend it to a lot of people that don't want to get it. And a lot of those people voted for me, frankly. But, you know, again, we have our freedoms and we have to live by that, and I agree with that also," Trump said during an interview with Fox News on Tuesday. "But it's a great vaccine, it's a safe vaccine, and it's something that works."

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/16/978008056/trump-encourages-his-supporters-to-get-covid-19-vaccine-within-limits-of-freedom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

I also may add that I believe that Biden and Harris are also part of the problem when it comes to the vaccine hesitancy and made it political from the very beginning. They caused doubt at the very beginning until they took office.

Biden and Harris preemptively sow doubt on Trump vaccine announcement (msn.com)

It's funny because I'm not against the vaccine at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
34 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

As the majority of people refusing to be vaccinated are Republicans more Republicans are dying of COVID than Democrats. Just look at the states with the highest number of cases and seen which party has the most registered voters and which party has the most vaccinated people.

I know you want to ignore this, but facts are nasty things and force us, if we are honest, to change our opinion.

I know you are smarter than your reply indicates. 😉

No, I am not smart at all. I'm probably as dumb as my reply indicates. 

I was just correcting the stereotype you were making when you said "As GOP supporters die of COVID" now you changed it correctly to say most.  It may be mostly GOP, but I can guarantee it's not ALL. Your choice of words was misleading, but you saved face by correcting it.

31 minutes ago, SureWord said:

So, Bill found the voting records of everyone who died of the bolognavirus and found they voted GOP?

That's what @Bouncing Bill is having us believe. "As GOP supporters die of COVID"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, John Young said:

Trump and Pence are pro-vaccine by the way.... so the Anti-Vac movement is not their fault. (unless someone thinks he is promoting the Anti-Vac movement by not forcing it on people and allowing freedom of choice.)

"I would recommend it, and I would recommend it to a lot of people that don't want to get it. And a lot of those people voted for me, frankly. But, you know, again, we have our freedoms and we have to live by that, and I agree with that also," Trump said during an interview with Fox News on Tuesday. "But it's a great vaccine, it's a safe vaccine, and it's something that works."

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/16/978008056/trump-encourages-his-supporters-to-get-covid-19-vaccine-within-limits-of-freedom

I wish his supporters would listen to him on the vaccination. I saw that Hannity encouraged people to get their vaccine on his show recently. As someone, I don't know who, said, "I trust science more than anything I read on Facebook". 

There have been anti-vaccination folk beginning with people who opposed Jenner. People fought the small pox vaccine. Fortunately they did not accomplish their goals and now there is no small pox anywhere in the world. 

That will not happen with COVID because it will continue to mutate. We can hope and pray it mutates into a less dangerous disease. A virus can mutate in either direction.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
3 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

As the majority of people refusing to be vaccinated are Republicans more Republicans are dying of COVID than Democrats. Just look at the states with the highest number of cases and seen which party has the most registered voters and which party has the most vaccinated people.

I know you want to ignore this, but facts are nasty things and force us, if we are honest, to change our opinion.

I know you are smarter than your reply indicates. 😉

Please, BB, PROVE that the majority of people who are dying are Republicans. It DEFINITELY sounds like you've not only been drinking the MSM Kool-Aid, but you've been eating the meadow muffins of the Democrat party.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...