Online Baptist Community
  • Newest Sermon Entry

• By 1Timothy115 in Devotionals
      Psalms 119:1-8                                         Sep. 5 - Oct. 2, 2019
      1 ALEPH. Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
      2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
      3 They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.
      4 Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.
      5 O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
      6 Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.
      7 I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.
      8 I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.
      The following verse stood out to me...
      5 O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
      At first glance it seemed to me this person’s soul is poured out with intense desire to have God’s direction in keeping His Word.
      I made a small wood fire in our backyard for my granddaughter, Julia, since she would be staying overnight with us. My wife and Julia stayed outside at the fire for about half an hour. Then, I found myself alone to watch the fire die out on a particularly lovely evening. So I took my verse from above and began to repeat it for memorization. As I repeated the verse, I tried to contemplate the words and apply them to what I was seeing around me. 
      The moon and stars were out now peering through the scattered clouds above.
      [Genesis 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. Genesis 1:17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, Genesis 1:18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.]
      Thought 1         
      The moon has stayed his course since the day God created him, also the stars, obeying the statutes directed by God from the first day they were created. Can you imagine God’s direction to the Moon and stars, “moon you will have a path through the sky above the earth, stars you will occupy the firmament above the moon and be clearly visible in the cloudless night sky.”
      Then, the trees, grass, even the air we breathe obey the statues God gave them from the beginning. None of these creations have souls, none have hearts, none have intelligence, but they all observe God’s statutes, His instructions for their limited time on earth.
      Thought 2
      What if we were like the moon, stars, trees, grass, or the other creations which have no soul? We would be directed to keep God’s statutes without choosing to keep them. This is not the image of God, there would be no dominion over other creatures, or over the earth. We would not be capable of experiencing the joy and peace of learning the love of God
      Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
      Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
      Thought 3 (October 2, 2019)
      Is the psalmist pleading God to force God’s statutes to become the man’s ways? No, he is speaking of his own failure in keeping God’s statutes and his desire to keep them, very much like Paul in Romans 7:14-25.
      God doesn’t work through force to turn men from their ways that they would desire His statutes or desire God Himself. Men must reject (repent) put aside his own ways and voluntarily seek God and His statutes.

Official Covid Thread (Other Threads Merged in here)

Rate this topic

The summer surge is picking up speed. We in the US are experiencing about 70,000 new cases a day. That is expected to grow to between 130,000 to 400,000 a day before the summer wanes. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/07/31/when-will-covid-cases-drop/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F3449610%2F6105720d9d2fda945a22f68b%2F59876e1cae7e8a681613bd00%2F8%2F70%2F6105720d9d2fda945a22f68b

Brett Giroir, Trump's former COVID czar said on Fox that if you re unvaccinated it is just a matter of time before all unvaccinated individuals become infected with the delta variant of the virus.  

He went on to day:

“If you have not been vaccinated, and you have not had COVID before, you will get the delta variant,” Giroir argued. “This is so infectious that you will get it.”

• Members
20 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

The summer surge is picking up speed. We in the US are experiencing about 70,000 new cases a day. That is expected to grow to between 130,000 to 400,000 a day before the summer wanes. 

There is nothing new being done except the deception and the 100% faulty testing methods used to make up a pandemic on paper where there is no such thing in reality.

All for money.  The root of evil is the love of money (over 5,000,000,000,000.oo published, and many more billions besides that going to the rich and elite in power over the media and the hospitals).

Should any of use continue to be concerned for you bb ? 

You continue to push the fake pandemic,  the dangerous shots ,  the astronomical trillions of dollars it costs everywhere,  and have endangered everyone and anyone who believes you in your posting,  and in your nursing home/prison/isolation.

Oh, if you are concerned for others (if that was the question),  OR if someone else IS CONCERNED for others, 

then let them be quiet,   repent , turn to God,  pray constantly,  and learn the truth - seek the truth,  keep seeking the truth.    This instead of publishing lies constantly, instead of promoting the babylon system of goverbent and madicine.  (sic)(sick)(sick)(death dealing).

• Members
6 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Have you ever considered it is not fear but concern for others? 

In the people I have talked to, it's been far from concern for others. Only about 20% of them had that concern. They were afraid that they would be susceptible to other variants if everyone wasn't vaccinated. Again, BB..try to make it look like it's concern...Hitlers people did that...and it was a hoax!

• Members
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

In the people I have talked to, it's been far from concern for others. Only about 20% of them had that concern. They were afraid that they would be susceptible to other variants if everyone wasn't vaccinated. Again, BB..try to make it look like it's concern...Hitlers people did that...and it was a hoax!

A hoax.    Would people really do a hoax for 5,000,000,000,000,000.00 dollars ?  

Would people really do that for control of the world ? 

oh, wait.... yeah,  they would,  they did,  they are doing it,  and they will continue doing it.

People just aren't trustworthy .  They'll lie to become pres..  They'll lie to get more money even though doctors are paid more than minimum wage they want more and more and more.   And the drug lords(makers),  oy veh!   They'll lie to their own grandmother to get her last dollar, and make her borrow more on the house then get her house too !

Edited by jeff_student_of_Jesus
added needed n't

On 7/20/2021 at 7:49 PM, John Young said:

Today in congress Rand Paul challenged Fauci on the "natural virus" claim and is narrowing in on the claim that it may not be natural as evidence is starting to reveal. 

WHO, CDC, Fauci and the communist government claim it was from nature but more and more evidence is coming out to support the US intelligence and chinese defectors and wisleblower claims that it is not natural and came from the lab.

May be a cartoon of one or more people and text that says 'BLACK LIVES MATTER mluhı ልuhi/m nIMM Tad 2020 ©Rex Jones So you think politicians know more about medicine than Dr. Fauci? Well then, Zeb here from the town council, will be doing your colonoscopy.'

• Members
On 7/20/2021 at 4:02 PM, Jim_Alaska said:

Since Covid has a 99.8% recovery rate, it is safe to say that almost no one has died from Covid alone. By the way, the 99.8% recovery rate includes those that died from complications brought on by Covid and/or pre-existing conditions.

Most that died died from complications brought on by Covid, would likely have also died from the seasonal Flu; of which, over time, many more have died from than Covid.

At my age/health,  the recovery rate is a bit less, but I'd really like to know how much of a chance that I actually have of contracting  it, not just recovering from it..  Can't seem to find that number anywhere.  I am pro vaccine, but Not at all sure about getting this new vaccine

• Independent Fundamental Baptist
1 hour ago, Bouncing Bill said:

ROFL. Come on BT, where is your sense of humor?

I thought the cartoons were kind of funny. Both are doctors though and the point made in the video is valid.

• Members
8 minutes ago, Baptistsenior said:

At my age/health,  the recovery rate is a bit less, but I'd really like to know how much of a chance that I actually have of contracting  it, not just recovering from it..  Can't seem to find that number anywhere.  I am pro vaccine, but Not at all sure about getting this new vaccine

There truly is NO information available on this. I've looked myself because of my mother and birth father being nearly 80 years old. My birth father has had the vaccine and has the underlying conditions of having had two heart attacks, three strokes, and is dying of stage 4 emphysema...my mother has had a septuple bypass three years ago, and has several other underlying conditions. I'm only 59 years old. I'm not totally against vaccines, but this one I'm DEFINITELY against.

15 minutes ago, John Young said:

I thought the cartoons were kind of funny. Both are doctors though and the point made in the video is valid.

The cartoons are funny in and of themselves, but not the way BB posted them with "Tony says" above them...this is a miscarachterization of myself to try and deflect from his position. I've warned him about this before. I won't warn him anymore. 

• Members
29 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

There truly is NO information available on this. I've looked myself because of my mother and birth father being nearly 80 years old. My birth father has had the vaccine and has the underlying conditions of having had two heart attacks, three strokes, and is dying of stage 4 emphysema...my mother has had a septuple bypass three years ago, and has several other underlying conditions. I'm only 59 years old. I'm not totally against vaccines, but this one I'm DEFINITELY against.

The cartoons are funny in and of themselves, but not the way BB posted them with "Tony says" above them...this is a miscarachterization of myself to try and deflect from his position. I've warned him about this before. I won't warn him anymore. 

I once wrote on fb/twitter about the amount of people who  live in the U.S. and who have gotten  the virus  in the u.s. but my math isn't good enough to figure out the percentage.  Pretty sure it has to be low 

• Members
1 minute ago, Baptistsenior said:

I once wrote on fb/twitter about the amount of people who  live in the U.S. and who have gotten  the virus  in the u.s. but my math isn't good enough to figure out the percentage.  Pretty sure it has to be low 

The percentage rate that has been floated my way by some people state that between 5 & 10 percent of the public has experienced the Wuhan Flu. I don't know that this is accurate. I haven't really sat down to figure it out...I'm more concerned with the percentage of people who recover who DO contract it. 

• Members
On 7/31/2021 at 1:56 PM, Bouncing Bill said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/07/31/when-will-covid-cases-drop/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F3449610%2F6105720d9d2fda945a22f68b%2F59876e1cae7e8a681613bd00%2F8%2F70%2F6105720d9d2fda945a22f68b

Brett Giroir, Trump's former COVID czar said on Fox that if you re unvaccinated it is just a matter of time before all unvaccinated individuals become infected with the delta variant of the virus.  

He went on to day:

“If you have not been vaccinated, and you have not had COVID before, you will get the delta variant,” Giroir argued. “This is so infectious that you will get it.”

If you stay away from people who are coughing, sneezing and spitting then you won't catch either vovid or the variant