• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Covid Thread (Covid topics are merged in here)

11 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Still, if it's a GROUP plan, it's discriminatory in nature, and those who refuse the jab could sue, or strike causing trouble for the airlines. They can't afford to be out of business too long. Either that or the company needs to restructure their medical plan, giving the employees notice that it will change at the end of the year. This isn't a totalitarian nation....yet!

No, many companies charge smokers more for their health insurance. Why should people who do not smoke have to pay for the increased cost of smokers health care. Same with people who will not be vaccinated. 98+ of the patients in hospitals with COVID are unvaccinated. Why should those who are saving their companies money by being vaccinated be punished by have to help those who refuse to help themselves?

Edited by Bouncing Bill

• Moderators

What about the adverse effects incurred by those who take the shot? That's going to increase their health insurance... better increase it for everyone just in case. Furthermore, there has been NO significant research to claim that the covid injection does protect without causing long-term health effects, and insufficient research on the comparative antibody protection of those who have already had covid.  https://wonder.cdc.gov/controller/datarequest/D8;jsessionid=415E4DD814F7E534D121FCA96057?stage=results&action=sort&direction=MEASURE_DESCEND&measure=D8.M1 
(Take a look at the data for Deaths, Loss of Independence in Personal Activities, and Spontaneous Abortions. Why would anyone risk this who already has antibodies or isn't significantly at risk from Covid - i.e. is under 70 years of age?)

Besides, it's apple and oranges. A better comparison would be to see whether companies change premiums for those who don't get regular flu shots, or have had their MMR booster. 

TBH, it really doesn't matter. This kind of removal of freedom/personal medical choice is a very clear step toward totalitarian/communist government. There's no decent health care under those kind of governments to worry about.

• Members
20 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

No, many companies charge smokers more for their health insurance. Why should people who do not smoke have to pay for the increased cost of smokers health care. Same with people who will not be vaccinated. 98+ of the patients in hospitals with COVID are unvaccinated. Why should those who are saving their companies money by being vaccinated be punished by have to help those who refuse to help themselves?

The companies I've been associated with or have owned and run haven't charged more for smokers. There are a few set group plans for the people to choose from, and the price is set for ALL at the same rate....the only things that might be more are accidental death/dismemberment and life, but not health. Some companies may indeed do this, but it's deceptive of the companies to call them "group" insurance if there are differences in prices. Many who list themselves as non-smokers are probably smokers for one...at least they were in the last two plants I worked in. Of course, most were Mexican's, Guatemalans, Hondurans, Russians, etc...go figure...no honesty if they can cheat their way in.

• Members
2 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

I'm sorry, but some of this still sounds like too much of a conspiracy theory to some of us. It was in a lot of the Q-Anon junk I received, and I ended up disregarding everything it said about it...they also stated that Trump would be POTUS, and if he lost the election he would shortly be re-instated...Sound familiar? People give in to conspiracy theories far too easily. I'm not saying that it IS a conspiracy theory, but, I am stating that it sounds like one. I've got some research from friends who work with Graphene oxide, and I know my nephews and nieces who are in the medical field know about it, but they don't verify anything that is being reported here! They're Christian men and women, and i don't believe they'd lie about this, especially to family members.

That is ok friend. I will only listen to independent, Christ claiming or at a minimum, reprobate ideology rejecting news sources. None of which are related to Q which is paid for by the same people whom own and control the fake MSM outlets. Doublecheck your sources, you are wrong on any news sources I share, none have anything to do with Q.

• Members
2 minutes ago, wretched said:

That is ok friend. I will only listen to independent, Christ claiming or at a minimum, reprobate ideology rejecting news sources. None of which are related to Q which is paid for by the same people whom own and control the fake MSM outlets. Doublecheck your sources, you are wrong on any news sources I share, none have anything to do with Q.

They allegedly may not have any connection, but many of those who I have known who were into the Q ideology sent this junk daily for months. I had asked them to stop, but they were persistent, and I had to end up cutting most of them off...period. Nothing against you...you can believe what you want, and I don't have a problem with that at all. I don't answer for what you believe, nor do you answer for what I believe. I always double check my resources, and try to verify them as best I can, not just by conservative, but by liberal sources as well...the liberals DO try to throw a bit of truth in to draw people in. I learned back in the late 60s and early 70s not to trust the MSM, and I've not trusted them since. It's funny that the Q followers used the same sites, though! Doesn't mean they're connected, but it does make it suspicious in my eyes.

• Members
1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

They allegedly may not have any connection, but many of those who I have known who were into the Q ideology sent this junk daily for months. I had asked them to stop, but they were persistent, and I had to end up cutting most of them off...period. Nothing against you...you can believe what you want, and I don't have a problem with that at all. I don't answer for what you believe, nor do you answer for what I believe. I always double check my resources, and try to verify them as best I can, not just by conservative, but by liberal sources as well...the liberals DO try to throw a bit of truth in to draw people in. I learned back in the late 60s and early 70s not to trust the MSM, and I've not trusted them since. It's funny that the Q followers used the same sites, though! Doesn't mean they're connected, but it does make it suspicious in my eyes.

Well, please dont attempt to discredit honest news from Christ claiming or reprobate denouncing news sources simply because Q worshippers sent you links dealing with Trump from some of these journalistic sources. Most of which are written by journalists whom left the MSM two or more decades ago because they witnessed first hand the about face the MSM turned from journalism to their network owner's Godless, reprobate narratives.

Also please realize that Trump is just as much a part of the globalist's new world order plan as Obama and Biden are so please do not falsely lump me in with that Soros/CIA Qanon psychop.

Doing so simply lends credit to the MSM which is satan's "world" news in every Scriptural sense of it. The father of lies news about his "world" and all of lusts of the flesh, eyes and pride of life in it, which is accelerating towards the end.

Outlets that encourage true journalism are always, by the way, referred to by the "world" as conspiracy theories sites until the truth of a story becomes so well known that the "worlds" MSM has to cover it, usually months later after the damage of their inital lies has been done.  

Remember, as Fox is the controlled opposition arm the MSM, Qanon was and unfortunately still is the controlled opposition arm for the die hard Trump supporters.

If folks really want to know what is actually happening in the world today, get completely away from any MSM sources and read these news sources with a critical mind daily:

https://censored.news/

**This contains independent journalistic news from various outlets (some 30-40)

https://www.whatfinger.com/

https://www.unz.com/

https://www.harvest.news/

You will stumble unto truth also on some Israel sites but mainly to keep your eye on Jerusalem's status

https://worldisraelnews.com/

https://www.jpost.com/

• Members
1 hour ago, wretched said:

Well, please dont attempt to discredit honest news from Christ claiming or reprobate denouncing news sources simply because Q worshippers sent you links dealing with Trump from some of these journalistic sources. Most of which are written by journalists whom left the MSM two or more decades ago because they witnessed first hand the about face the MSM turned from journalism to their network owner's Godless, reprobate narratives.

Also please realize that Trump is just as much a part of the globalist's new world order plan as Obama and Biden are so please do not falsely lump me in with that Soros/CIA Qanon psychop.

Doing so simply lends credit to the MSM which is satan's "world" news in every Scriptural sense of it. The father of lies news about his "world" and all of lusts of the flesh, eyes and pride of life in it, which is accelerating towards the end.

Outlets that encourage true journalism are always, by the way, referred to by the "world" as conspiracy theories sites until the truth of a story becomes so well known that the "worlds" MSM has to cover it, usually months later after the damage of their inital lies has been done.  

Remember, as Fox is the controlled opposition arm the MSM, Qanon was and unfortunately still is the controlled opposition arm for the die hard Trump supporters.

If folks really want to know what is actually happening in the world today, get completely away from any MSM sources and read these news sources with a critical mind daily:

https://censored.news/

**This contains independent journalistic news from various outlets (some 30-40)

https://www.whatfinger.com/

https://www.unz.com/

https://www.harvest.news/

You will stumble unto truth also on some Israel sites but mainly to keep your eye on Jerusalem's status

https://worldisraelnews.com/

https://www.jpost.com/

Yes, I read several of those sites.  I'm no fan of Trump, though I did vote for him in the two elections. I didn't vote for him in the first primary he ran in here in Tennessee. He was far from the ideal candidate. The only reason he got our vote was because of Pence. If someone else would have been on the ticket with him, we would have voted Libertarian or write-in. I "stumble" into truth in most sites...at least partial truth. Still, partial truths, even on alleged "Christ honoring" sites fits in the category of a lie. It's just a fact of life. One has to learn how to discern the truth from the lies on every site. 

• Members
11 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Yes, I read several of those sites.  I'm no fan of Trump, though I did vote for him in the two elections. I didn't vote for him in the first primary he ran in here in Tennessee. He was far from the ideal candidate. The only reason he got our vote was because of Pence. If someone else would have been on the ticket with him, we would have voted Libertarian or write-in. I "stumble" into truth in most sites...at least partial truth. Still, partial truths, even on alleged "Christ honoring" sites fits in the category of a lie. It's just a fact of life. One has to learn how to discern the truth from the lies on every site. 

Well the discernment must start at the choice of the news source. Just as television was preached against because it allowed the "world" into your livingrooms so goes the MSM right along with it. 

Discern more wisely is my advice to you friend.

• Members
1 minute ago, wretched said:

Well the discernment must start at the choice of the news source. Just as television was preached against because it allowed the "world" into your livingrooms so goes the MSM right along with it. 

Discern more wisely is my advice to you friend.

You certainly don't need to be advising me of anything, friend. I'm well aware of what I'm doing, what I read, and whom I follow. Maybe you need to get a thicker skin before you start advising someone on discernment. 

• Members
4 hours ago, wretched said:

Q Anon is nothing but a bunch of LARPers. There's nothing to them. It was just the Left's attempt to come up with the Right's version of Antifa, or better yet, the Deep State.

I agree they're might be something to Graphene Oxide but I'm not sure about the 5G connection. That may be a stretch there. More likely it has something to do with nanotechnology used in the formation of the mRNA strand of code that is placed in the DNA of the cell which is possibly dangerous. It's like the framework for the sequence or mRNA code that binds it together. They already make patches used for cancer patients that contains Graphene Oxide and it works on the cellular level. 

• Members
52 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

You certainly don't need to be advising me of anything, friend. I'm well aware of what I'm doing, what I read, and whom I follow. Maybe you need to get a thicker skin before you start advising someone on discernment. 

I see, ok friend

Other large companies could soon be following Delta Air Lines (DAL) down the runway in charging workers who don't get vaccinated for COVID-19, says the CEO of one of the largest payrolls and HR services companies. 

Paychex CEO Marty Mucci tells Yahoo Finance Live companies he talks with are actively discussing whether to change their health care premiums, offering different versions for those people who are unvaccinated. It is also something Mucci is debating himself within his own company. Mucci has been CEO of Paychex for nearly 10 years. 

"We are looking at it because the cost is very high. You can talk about whether to mandate the vaccinations or not for your employees. You need to be able to say there are consequences. There are costs that come with not being vaccinated. I think Delta made the comment that the average hospital stay for someone not vaccinated is like $50,000. You don't want to spread that to all of your employees. So you have to find ways — just like smoking and non-smoking — ways to try to get the possible cost as fair as you can to your employees to keep your rates down for health insurance," Mucci explained. 

https://www.aol.com/finance/delta-air-lines-could-1st-164732291.html

10 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

Does anyone know if you need to be vaccinated to work in the white house

The last I read was the White House is considering making it a requirement for all federal employees to be vaccinated. So, my guess is that to work in the White House a person does not have to be vaccinated. They may have to take weekly tests. Where I live the unvaccinated staff have to take weekly tests.