• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Covid Thread (Covid topics are merged in here)

• Members
On 7/20/2021 at 4:02 PM, Jim_Alaska said:

Since Covid has a 99.8% recovery rate, it is safe to say that almost no one has died from Covid alone. By the way, the 99.8% recovery rate includes those that died from complications brought on by Covid and/or pre-existing conditions.

Most that died died from complications brought on by Covid, would likely have also died from the seasonal Flu; of which, over time, many more have died from than Covid.

At my age/health,  the recovery rate is a bit less, but I'd really like to know how much of a chance that I actually have of contracting  it, not just recovering from it..  Can't seem to find that number anywhere.  I am pro vaccine, but Not at all sure about getting this new vaccine

• Members
8 minutes ago, Baptistsenior said:

At my age/health,  the recovery rate is a bit less, but I'd really like to know how much of a chance that I actually have of contracting  it, not just recovering from it..  Can't seem to find that number anywhere.  I am pro vaccine, but Not at all sure about getting this new vaccine

There truly is NO information available on this. I've looked myself because of my mother and birth father being nearly 80 years old. My birth father has had the vaccine and has the underlying conditions of having had two heart attacks, three strokes, and is dying of stage 4 emphysema...my mother has had a septuple bypass three years ago, and has several other underlying conditions. I'm only 59 years old. I'm not totally against vaccines, but this one I'm DEFINITELY against.

15 minutes ago, John Young said:

I thought the cartoons were kind of funny. Both are doctors though and the point made in the video is valid.

The cartoons are funny in and of themselves, but not the way BB posted them with "Tony says" above them...this is a miscarachterization of myself to try and deflect from his position. I've warned him about this before. I won't warn him anymore. 

• Members
29 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

There truly is NO information available on this. I've looked myself because of my mother and birth father being nearly 80 years old. My birth father has had the vaccine and has the underlying conditions of having had two heart attacks, three strokes, and is dying of stage 4 emphysema...my mother has had a septuple bypass three years ago, and has several other underlying conditions. I'm only 59 years old. I'm not totally against vaccines, but this one I'm DEFINITELY against.

The cartoons are funny in and of themselves, but not the way BB posted them with "Tony says" above them...this is a miscarachterization of myself to try and deflect from his position. I've warned him about this before. I won't warn him anymore. 

I once wrote on fb/twitter about the amount of people who  live in the U.S. and who have gotten  the virus  in the u.s. but my math isn't good enough to figure out the percentage.  Pretty sure it has to be low 

• Members
1 minute ago, Baptistsenior said:

I once wrote on fb/twitter about the amount of people who  live in the U.S. and who have gotten  the virus  in the u.s. but my math isn't good enough to figure out the percentage.  Pretty sure it has to be low 

The percentage rate that has been floated my way by some people state that between 5 & 10 percent of the public has experienced the Wuhan Flu. I don't know that this is accurate. I haven't really sat down to figure it out...I'm more concerned with the percentage of people who recover who DO contract it. 

• Members
On 7/31/2021 at 1:56 PM, Bouncing Bill said:

The summer surge is picking up speed. We in the US are experiencing about 70,000 new cases a day. That is expected to grow to between 130,000 to 400,000 a day before the summer wanes. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/07/31/when-will-covid-cases-drop/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F3449610%2F6105720d9d2fda945a22f68b%2F59876e1cae7e8a681613bd00%2F8%2F70%2F6105720d9d2fda945a22f68b

Brett Giroir, Trump's former COVID czar said on Fox that if you re unvaccinated it is just a matter of time before all unvaccinated individuals become infected with the delta variant of the virus.  

He went on to day:

“If you have not been vaccinated, and you have not had COVID before, you will get the delta variant,” Giroir argued. “This is so infectious that you will get it.”

If you stay away from people who are coughing, sneezing and spitting then you won't catch either vovid or the variant    

• Members
8 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

The percentage rate that has been floated my way by some people state that between 5 & 10 percent of the public has experienced the Wuhan Flu. I don't know that this is accurate. I haven't really sat down to figure it out...I'm more concerned with the percentage of people who recover who DO contract it. 

I don't think we will ever know the answer to that, not when toddlers who die from physical injuries are included in the covid death count.  They need to stop paying hospitals extra for covid cases.  

1 hour ago, Baptistsenior said:

More than 99.99% of people fully vaccinated against Covid-19 have not had a breakthrough case resulting in hospitalization or death, according to the latest data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The data highlights what leading health experts across the country have highlighted for months: Covid-19 vaccines are very effective at preventing serious illness and death from Covid-19 and are the country’s best shot at slowing the pandemic down and avoiding further suffering.

Divide those severe breakthrough cases by the total fully vaccinated population for the result: less than 0.004% of fully vaccinated people had a breakthrough case that led to hospitalization and less than 0.001% of fully vaccinated people died from a breakthrough Covid-19 case.

Most of the breakthrough cases – about 74% – occurred among adults 65 or older.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/31/health/fully-vaccinated-people-breakthrough-hospitalization-death/index.html

• Members
13 minutes ago, Baptistsenior said:

If you stay away from people who are coughing, sneezing and spitting then you won't catch either vovid or the variant    

It's possible that's true, but highly unlikely. Besides, not all people who cough, as I do because of COPD and asthma, and sneeze like my wife and I do because of seasonal allergies, have covid, nor carry the virus. We have to face facts...most people are living in fear of something that PROBABLY won't kill them. It may make them uncomfortable for a while like a cold or flu do...but, that's about it.

2 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

More than 99.99% of people fully vaccinated against Covid-19 have not had a breakthrough case resulting in hospitalization or death, according to the latest data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The data highlights what leading health experts across the country have highlighted for months: Covid-19 vaccines are very effective at preventing serious illness and death from Covid-19 and are the country’s best shot at slowing the pandemic down and avoiding further suffering.

Divide those severe breakthrough cases by the total fully vaccinated population for the result: less than 0.004% of fully vaccinated people had a breakthrough case that led to hospitalization and less than 0.001% of fully vaccinated people died from a breakthrough Covid-19 case.

Most of the breakthrough cases – about 74% – occurred among adults 65 or older.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/31/health/fully-vaccinated-people-breakthrough-hospitalization-death/index.html

And again...Government manipulated statistics from fellow left-winged hacks like CNN. Typical. I'll keep repeating 99.7% recovery rate, inflated death #'s allegedly from "Covid" when most just have "Covid" as contributing factor with the underlying conditions as primary. Keep trying to instill fear in people, BB...you're not very good at it, but, keep trying! ?

• Members
5 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

It's possible that's true, but highly unlikely. Besides, not all people who cough, as I do because of COPD and asthma, and sneeze like my wife and I do because of seasonal allergies, have covid, nor carry the virus. We have to face facts...most people are living in fear of something that PROBABLY won't kill them. It may make them uncomfortable for a while like a cold or flu do...but, that's about it.

And again...Government manipulated statistics from fellow left-winged hacks like CNN. Typical. I'll keep repeating 99.7% recovery rate, inflated death #'s allegedly from "Covid" when most just have "Covid" as contributing factor with the underlying conditions as primary. Keep trying to instill fear in people, BB...you're not very good at it, but, keep trying! ?

Had to add this for BB......

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/25/covid-breakthrough-cases-cdc-says-more-than-4100-people-have-been-hospitalized-or-died-after-vaccination.html