• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Baptist church destroys and kills a child's spirit

• Members

Hi, My name is Miranda and I want to tell you a story that ended bad for a little girl at a church.  The girl's parents were members of a Baptist church for over 10 years and the little girl was baptized there.  The church's school hired a casting company to pick the kids for the production of Annie.  The little girl didn't attend their school, but was a member of the church and homeschooled which qualified her.  She was so excited and she auditioned knowing that since she didn't attend the school, she might get picked for an extra which was ok with her.  She sang and danced and got casted as Annie.  Her parents couldn't believe it; they were all so excited.  Her mom took her to a talent studio to help her develop more of her voice for the songs.  

Jealousy:  Several weeks into rehearsal, the other children discovered that the little was going to play Annie and she wasn't an extra, so this got to their parents who got upset because the little girl didn't attend their school.  The parents started complaining to the principal of the school.  

At one of their other programs was a bully child picking on this little girl for over a year and no one there tried to stop it.  When the bully found out that the little girl got casted as Annie, the bully got physical with the little girl.  The little girl fought back.  The following week, the bully approached the little girl with 3 more bullies, then there came a volunteer lady who was a friend of the bully's family, yelling and screaming at the little girl and waving her hands in the little girl's face.  The little girl got scared and thought the lady was going to hit her too.

The little girl told her family what happened.  Her parent called the church and made a formal complaint and expressed that they wanted to speak to the lady.  When the parent approached the lady, the lady got very disrespectful and they got into it.

The little girl continued to go to her rehearsals and participated in their fundraising show by singing two solos and dancing with the other kids.  Two days later, the parents got a call from the pastor saying that the little girl was no longer playing Annie and not allowed to be in any of their productions - he said that he was just passing the word from the deacons.  He then called back another day and said that the little girl was not allow to be in their other programs either.  

This little girl was devistated and cried so much.  She was extremely sad for a few weeks.  The bully took away her friends, so none of them even called to show some support, compassion, and that hurt her very much.  No one from the church reached out to this little girl and her parents.  To add more pain, the church accused this little girl of horrible things that I'm sure was made up or an over exaggeration.  All the years that this little girl attended the church, the parents always got compliments at how wonderful this little was and how she always offered her help to others there.  Not once, did anyone at that church ever told the parents anything bad about the little girl.  According to the pastor, many kids at the church (I imagine the bully's friends) said awful things about the little girl.  The parents were upset that the church never called them to ask their side of the story; they just went with their clique and all of them tried to destroy this little girl and almost did because she started cutting herself and her parents put her in therapy.

End Result.

Although the little girl started having problems making friends because of her low self-esteem, her parents kept her in the talent studio where wonderful things started happening for her, she got to model for 3 companies and sing a solo at one of their shows.  She is putting a tutorial on Youtube on draping which she will also be modeling her creations.  With God's help, she is doing amazingly well and stronger than ever.  I know this little girl and I'm so proud of her and admire her strength.  She is so talented and has a wonderful heart.  Just to show you what a wonderful little girl she is, she said that the reason she didn't defend herself against the bully at first was because deep inside she was hoping that the bully would get tired and they could be friends.  

This experience taught all of us a lesson about those who call themselves Christians and act so righteous until something happens is when you really see the ugly faces behind the masks.  We learned not to trust anyone all because they say they are a Christian or they attend a church, that means nothing to us now.  We have church studies at our own home now and we help others in need as well.  Although they might have gotten away with hurting this little girl, they forgot that God sees everything and especially the intensions of the heart.  I believe with all my heart that God will deal with the wrong the church did at his own time.   Thank you for reading.

• Members
8 hours ago, Mirandavitoles said:

Although they might have gotten away with hurting this little girl, they forgot that God sees everything and especially the intensions of the heart.  I believe with all my heart that God will deal with the wrong the church did at his own time.

That is an absolute certainty and our true hope - The Lord our God, the Lord God of heaven and earth, the faithful Lord God, the Deliverer of His faithful servants, ALWAYS sees, ALWAYS knows, and WILL eventually judge the unrighteous with righteous judgment.

Although I am unaware of all the details in your case above, I am deeply grieved at the unrighteous behavior and unrepentant spirit which seems to have been involved.

• Administrators

On 4/30/2021 at 12:14 AM, Mirandavitoles said:

This experience taught all of us a lesson about those who call themselves Christians and act so righteous until something happens is when you really see the ugly faces behind the masks.  We learned not to trust anyone all because they say they are a Christian or they attend a church, that means nothing to us now. 

Unfortunately, some churches do display this kind of behavior. Like Pastor Markle said, put your trust in God alone and not people.

May I ask what hypocrites in the church have to do with your individual relationship with God? Your faith should be in God, not a pastor or people

• Moderators

This church should have never been involved in a secular mess like doing a production of Annie. I seriously doubt this was an Independent Fundamental Baptist church. Why are you here, to accuse? Get into a godly church that preaches the word of God faithfully, stays out of foolish things like school plays, and just serve God.