• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

This is the day....

• Members

Psalm 118:24-"This is the day which he LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."

The Lord has continuously brought this verse to mind. The other day I was getting frustrated over a lesson I was working on, and I found myself getting anxious about finishing a certain portion of the lesson. I work on it little by little each and every day when I have a lesson. That way I am prepared by the time it needs to be turned in. I didn't find myself rejoicing, so I turned on the radio, and I heard a preacher reading this verse. I had just read it a few days earlier and prayed over it. I asked the Lord to remind me every day that HE is the maker of the day, and that EVERYTHING is in HIS hands. He's done what I ask. Praise the Lord for his goodness and guidance. 

May each and every one of us be ready to remind ourselves, or let the LORD remind us that Psalm 118:24 if very relevant today...especially today with our world going crazy. Let's learn to lean on him day by day, hour by hour and minute by minute! 

Have a great weekend. Blessings!

• 3 months later...
  • Members

18 The Lord hath chastened me sore: but he hath not given me over unto death.

14 The Lord is my strength and song, and is become my salvation.

8 It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.

9 It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in princes.

4 Let them now that fear the Lord say, that his mercy endureth for ever.

5 I called upon the Lord in distress: the Lord answered me, and set me in a large place.

6 The Lord is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

Psalm 118 O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever.