• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I know I've introduced myself, but I have to say this about OnlineBaptist.com!

• Members

I'm really enjoying my time here in OnlineBaptist.com. I have to say that compared to many other forums that I have been on, this one isn't as active, but, the people seem to be more civil and Christian in attitude, especially the moderators. I greatly appreciate the input I've received so far on this site and look forward to a long stay if that's what the Lord provides! So, to each and every one of you who have welcomed me, and some who I already know, thank you and Blessings! 

Brother Tony

• Members
54 minutes ago, SureWord said:

I haven't been on it in years but I remember the Fighting Fundamentalist website was one vicious, nasty forum.

It definitely could be nasty and hateful at times. But, for me, I believe that's what I needed at the time. It was a good place to "cut my teeth" and to grow a bit stronger in my faith. I met some wonderful people there. Many people I didn't agree with, but I'm still in touch with them and maintain a friendship with them. Others have passed on to glory, and I have to say that I miss them. Cindy Garrett Swanson who was a DJ at Christian radio station in N. Illinois, and Dr. Thomas Cassidy whom I had met many years before as a youth while I was going to the youth conclaves at a church in Bloomington/Normal, Illinois. Then, of course, I met Dr. Bob Griffin online, and he is a graduate of Maranatha. He was the first one to call the hospital when I nearly bled to death in 2004. He was and still is such an encouragement to me. I hope he enjoys his retirement back in Watertown! ? Have a great evening! Blessings.

• Members
52 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

It definitely could be nasty and hateful at times. But, for me, I believe that's what I needed at the time. It was a good place to "cut my teeth" and to grow a bit stronger in my faith. I met some wonderful people there. Many people I didn't agree with, but I'm still in touch with them and maintain a friendship with them. Others have passed on to glory, and I have to say that I miss them. Cindy Garrett Swanson who was a DJ at Christian radio station in N. Illinois, and Dr. Thomas Cassidy whom I had met many years before as a youth while I was going to the youth conclaves at a church in Bloomington/Normal, Illinois. Then, of course, I met Dr. Bob Griffin online, and he is a graduate of Maranatha. He was the first one to call the hospital when I nearly bled to death in 2004. He was and still is such an encouragement to me. I hope he enjoys his retirement back in Watertown! ? Have a great evening! Blessings.

Maybe it was a bad time for the website when I was there but there was an awfully lot of bashing of IFB preachers as well as the bible itself going on. A lot of bitter, former Baptists.

There were other forums most are defunct or dead now. People may have moved on to Facebook or other platforms or it could be a sign of the times that nobody is interested in discussions centered around the bible anymore.

This is a slow forum but it's pretty easy going in here.

Edited by SureWord

• Members
9 hours ago, SureWord said:

Maybe it was a bad time for the website when I was there but there was an awfully lot of bashing of IFB preachers as well as the bible itself going on. A lot of bitter, former Baptists.

There were other forums most are defunct or dead now. People may have moved on to Facebook or other platforms or it could be a sign of the times that nobody is interested in discussions centered around the bible anymore.

This is a slow forum but it's pretty easy going in here.

I think it was a pretty good time for the forums. There had been a lot of descension in the IFB movement for years. With the Hyles debacle, the movement of many IFB schools away from the "old school" ideologies, and many people having experienced the same kinds of things I had experienced in IFB churches, there were a LOT of unhappy people. Many IFB preachers were left "unchecked" in their behaviour and attitudes towards others and their own responsibilities, and there were few if any consequences to be paid for their actions, so they felt invincible. They were wrong. Just as Ravi Zaccharius (sp) was exposed, they have been exposed. I know that I moved to FB after the FFF went down because of the hurricane back then. Don didn't really want to put it back up because it took a lot of his time, and he didn't want to have to rewrite code. I can fully understand that. I just wish someone responsible and with the same character as he had would have stepped up to the plate. The FFF today is not even a glimmer in the eye of what it was. 

• Members
3 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

I think it was a pretty good time for the forums. There had been a lot of descension in the IFB movement for years. With the Hyles debacle, the movement of many IFB schools away from the "old school" ideologies, and many people having experienced the same kinds of things I had experienced in IFB churches, there were a LOT of unhappy people. Many IFB preachers were left "unchecked" in their behaviour and attitudes towards others and their own responsibilities, and there were few if any consequences to be paid for their actions, so they felt invincible. They were wrong. Just as Ravi Zaccharius (sp) was exposed, they have been exposed. I know that I moved to FB after the FFF went down because of the hurricane back then. Don didn't really want to put it back up because it took a lot of his time, and he didn't want to have to rewrite code. I can fully understand that. I just wish someone responsible and with the same character as he had would have stepped up to the plate. The FFF today is not even a glimmer in the eye of what it was. 

True, but I don't believe bashing IFB 24/7 is very edifying.