• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

if my people...

• Members

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2Chr.7:14

Moreover concerning the stranger, which is not of thy people Israel, but is come from a far country for thy great name's sake, and thy mighty hand, and thy stretched out arm; if they come and pray in this house;
Then hear thou from the heavens, even from thy dwelling place, and do according to all that the stranger calleth to thee for; that all people of the earth may know thy name, and fear thee, as doth thy people Israel, and may know that this house which I have built is called by thy name. 2Chr.6:32,33

At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it;
If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.
And at what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it;
If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them. Jer.18:7-10

And ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.  Jer. 30:22

...and my people shall be satisfied with my goodness, saith the LORD.  Jer. 31:14b

And many nations shall be joined to the LORD in that day, and shall be my people:  Zech. 2:11a

...for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.  2 Cor. 6:16b

Exodus 23:21Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him.

...Ye cannot serve the Lord: for he is an holy God; ...he will not forgive ...your sins. Josh. 24:19 

...be not merciful to any wicked transgressors. Ps.59:5b

His own iniquities shall take the wicked himself, and he shall be holden with the cords of his sins. Proverbs 5:22 

Daniel 9:24Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

...for ye are not my people, and I will not be your God. Hos. 1:9b

But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared. Psalm 130:4 

To the Lord our God belong mercies and forgivenesses, though we have rebelled against him; Dan. 9:9 

...Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. Isa.43:1b

...For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: Isa.43:3a

I am sought of them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my name. Isa. 65:1

That they may possess the remnant of Edom, and of all the heathen, which are called by my name, saith the LORD that doeth this. Amos 9:12

As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations. Gen. 17:4 

And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. Gen. 17:7 

Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen. Rom. 16:25-27

In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Col. 1:14 

In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;  Eph. 1:7 

To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me. Acts 26:18 

Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:           Acts 13:38 

Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins. Acts 5:31 

And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. Gal.3:29

that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God. Hos.1:10b

Romans 6:22But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. Matt. 21:43 

But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul. Deu. 4:29

Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD. 1 Chr. 16:10

Seek the LORD and his strength, Seek his face continually. 1 Chr. 16:11

Now set your heart and your soul to seek the LORD your God; 1 Chr. 22:19a

...know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever. 1 Chr. 28:9b

...The LORD is with you, while ye be with him; and if ye seek him, he will be found of you; but if ye forsake him, he will forsake you.                2 Chr. 15:2b

And they entered into a covenant to seek the LORD God of their fathers with all their heart and with all their soul; 2 Chr. 15:12

Nevertheless there are good things found in thee, in that thou hast  prepared thine heart to seek God. 2 Chr. 19:3

The good Lord pardon every one that prepareth his heart to seek God, 2 Chr. 30:18,19

Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Isa.55:6

Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee? Psa. 85:6

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: Psa. 138:7a 

After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight. Hos. 6:2 

For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.         Rom. 14:9 

Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up. Jas. 4:10

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: 1 Pet. 5:6

And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him. 1Jn.5:14,15

...and their voice was heard, and their prayer came up to his holy dwelling place, even unto heaven. 2Chr.30:27b

In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. Rev. 22:2

• Members
5 hours ago, Doc Flay said:

2 Chr.7:14, has been a study of mine since the early part of the last decade. I used it once as a response to a post on revival. I believe it could be used as a banner for revival in America.

OK, thanks for clearing that up.

• Members

I have heard this verse quoted so often over the past 18 months or so, but there has been no TRUE action towards it by many of the pastors who have been preaching it. One would think that these pastors/laypeople would be out in the streets sharing the Word of God, trying to win the lost and making disciples, and carrying on the Great Commission as Christ commanded. Yet, I find that most of the pastors I've heard preaching on this portion of Scripture won't get out of their office chairs to even get their behinds out on a street corner with a sign saying "Jesus Loves You," or "honk if you love Jesus!" I personally know of only a handful of pastors right now who are actively standing on a street corner or side of a highway with Bibles ready to give away, opening their mouths to share the Gospel of Christ. I went to church with one for several years growing up, and his father was very active in soulwinning. His father was also a dear friend of mine and was my first youth pastor in my home church, later going to seminary, pastoring a church, and later became the President of Midwestern Theological Seminary before he passed away. His sons are all carrying on the great tradition of soulwinning and being active in trying to get American Christians to become active and assertive in carrying forth the Gospel and trying to get the people to repent. I wish I could find more of it. Being disabled, I seldom get out onto a street corner, especially without someone with me. Yet, I do witness every day I can, and I do give out the Word of God when I go into a restaurant, the grocery, the pharmacy, etc. I share the Word everywhere I go. I carry a pocket NT, and I, when I can afford to buy them, have Bible's in bulk that I can give out if a person is interested in Christ. How many others do this?

• Members
3 hours ago, Hugh_Flower said:

I think you guys are being sensational. The whole world is moving in this direction. This is not just “America being delivered” this is the foreshadowing of what is to come, this is the preparation for the anti christ. I know that sounds ironic in that manner of “sensational”

"repent" includes stopping claiming that it is a virus causing problems.

Then there is the rest of the Scripture,  telling what to do instead of being misled and instead of being (willingly?) deceived by those promoting as if it were a virus.

• Members
On 4/22/2021 at 7:16 PM, Hugh_Flower said:

Well... it was more inline with the idea that “revival” is us trying to build our selves to God instead of being in prayer and listening to what God wants. 
Building to God vs Built by God

I believe A.W. Tozer would agree with you.

• Members

"Our evangelical faith (which I believe to be the true faith of Christ and His apostles) is being attacked these days from many different directions. In the Western world the enemy has forsworn violence. He comes against us no more with sword and fagot; he now comes smiling, bearing gifts. He raises his eyes to heaven and swears that he too believes in the faith of our fathers, but his real purpose is to destroy that faith, or at least to modify it to such an extent that it is no longer the supernatural thing it once was. He comes in the name of philosophy or psychology or anthropology, and with sweet reasonableness urges us to rethink our historic position, to be less rigid, more tolerant, more broadly understanding."
THE WANING AUTHORITY OF CHRIST IN THE CHURCHES, A.W. Tozer

• Members
On 4/23/2021 at 1:21 PM, Hugh_Flower said:

I think you guys are being sensational. The whole world is moving in this direction. This is not just “America being delivered” this is the foreshadowing of what is to come, this is the preparation for the anti christ. I know that sounds ironic in that manner of “sensational”

I totally agree. I know many people all over the world, and I'm hearing the same thing in every country involved. Christians are becoming targets, and this has been foretold. At certain times throughout history, Christianity has been a scapegoat, as have the children of Israel. I find nothing strange about what is going on, but I do believe that the Christians of the WORLD need to be praying for a revival, submitting more and more to God. I don't believe this is what will happen. It seems that the world has started down the slippery slope of humanism and can't get it's footing to get back to solid ground.