• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Rapture in the Bible

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 4/19/2021 at 2:59 PM, Jim_Alaska said:

I probably differ from most on this particular subject. Yes, I believe that 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 is referring to the second coming of Christ. But I also believe that the second coming is in two parts. The first is when he comes in the air and we rise to meet Him. But I see that there is a second part where he returns at a later date and His feet are planted on the Mount of Olives and the mount is divided.

Zechariah 14:4 (KJV) And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

I could be wrong and this may refer to this happening on the same day at a different time, but it would still be His second coning in two parts.

Brother @Jim_Alaska, the IFB churches I was raised in believed that the rapture of the church was before the beginning of the tribulation period, and that it was the first part of the second coming, the second half of it being at the end of the tribulation. The problem that I had with their doctrine was that they intertwined the verses about the second coming together to fit into the rapture, such as the "trump" that is mentioned....One of the problems that arose was because they would use the verses (I apologize for the large font, but the ability to make it smaller has been removed by @PastorMatt...LOL...Not an attack  PastorMatt...just reminding you why it's so large. ? )  

1 Corinthians 15:51-58 King James Version (KJV) 51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

The pastors of those churches would use this verse, and then would go into the book of the Revelation and start going through the Trumpet...flawed theology and improper hermeneutics...UGH! But, I digress. I have no problem with the rapture of the church. 

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Is anyone able to count how many rapture theories there are just in this forum/site, let alone in groups and churches and school worldwide ?  

Can anyone prove which one is right in a way that excludes all the others ? 

On 4/16/2021 at 10:30 AM, PastorMatt said:

I guess I'm asking if the rapture is "made up"  from worldly people then please expound on the verses in the Bible that talks about the church meeting Christ in the Air?

I'm not concerned about the Word Rapture, but rather the Rapture principle.