• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Rapture in the Bible

• Members

Matthew 25:13
Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Mark 13:32
But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Konstantin, what part of no man knows the day or the hour do you not agree with? By the way, that is the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ, who stated that. If you disagree with Jesus and His Word, then your opinions are just vain philosophy.

Edited by Jerry

• Members
2 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Konstantin, You have been told before that this website requires that scripture quotes be posted from the KJV. Your most recent post is not KJV. This requirement is clearly posted in the website rules.

If you continue to post scripture that is not KJV it will be deleted.

Modern "Christians" are "slow bellies" (Tit.1:12)(KJV1611)

12. You removed this text because it speaks truth. https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/1611_Titus-Chapter-1/ 

• Administrators

Konstantin, In the first place I did not remove any text at all. In the second place I was talking about the quote you posted from lordway,ru. What follows is a copy and paste of that quote and it is not KJV.

“from the going foorth of the commandement to restore and to build Ierusalem, vnto the Messiah the Prince, shall be seuen weekes” (Dan.9:25)

• Members
2 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Konstantin, In the first place I did not remove any text at all. In the second place I was talking about the quote you posted from lordway,ru. What follows is a copy and paste of that quote and it is not KJV.

“from the going foorth of the commandement to restore and to build Ierusalem, vnto the Messiah the Prince, shall be seuen weekes” (Dan.9:25)

Ok.

25"from the going foorth of the commandement to restore and to build Ierusalem, vnto the Messiah the Prince, shall be seuen weekes" (Dan.9:25) (KJV1611) https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/1611_Daniel-Chapter-9/ 

• Members
12 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Konstantin, You have been told before that this website requires that scripture quotes be posted from the KJV. Your most recent post is not KJV. This requirement is clearly posted in the website rules.

If you continue to post scripture that is not KJV it will be deleted.

Actually, Brother Jim, I am compelled to express a correction - That which Konstantin presented above IS quoted from the King James translation, specifically from the that which is presented in the 1611 King James translation (including the 1611 spellings and punctuation).

(Note: Although I am compelled to express this correction, I do NOT stand in agreement with the doctrinal position that Konstantin has presented in his above posting.  I suppose that this would make me one of those "slow bellies," huh.  However, I do not stand in agreement because I would contend that Konstantin's posting above has wrested passages of Scripture out of their context.) 

Edited by Pastor Scott Markle

• Administrators

Thank you Brother Scott for this correction, I stand corrected. This archaic spelling always irks me when it is so easy to post normal every day spelling.

For me this kind of thing makes Scripture difficult to read and comprehend. I don't know about anyone else, but I get bogged down in zeroing in on the spelling at the expense of the actual Scripture.

To Konstatin, my sincere apologies for my misunderstood reprimand.

• Members
3 hours ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

Actually, Brother Jim, I am compelled to express a correction - That which Konstantin presented above IS quoted from the King James translation, specifically from the that which is presented in the 1611 King James translation (including the 1611 spellings and punctuation).

(Note: Although I am compelled to express this correction, I do NOT stand in agreement with the doctrinal position that Konstantin has presented in his above posting.  I suppose that this would make me one of those "slow bellies," huh.  However, I do not stand in agreement because I would contend that Konstantin's posting above has wrested passages of Scripture out of their context.) 

He may have you as a "slow belly" but he has me missing the Rapture altogether.

The other week a beloved brother in the Lord called me a "little devil" because I told him he shouldn't be calling a certain pastor a cult leader in league with the RCC because his church rents a building owned by the Knights of Columbus to hold services. 

Christians can be really funny at times. 

Edited by SureWord

• Members
6 minutes ago, SureWord said:

He may have you as a "slow belly" but he has me missing the Rapture altogether.

The other week a beloved brother in the Lord called me a "little devil" because I told him he shouldn't be calling a certain pastor a cult leader in league with the RCC because his church rents a building owned by the Knights of Columbus to hold services. Of course, this brother believes in "house churches" and pastors one himself with the membership of himself, his wife and his child.

Christians can be really funny at times. 

• Members
On 5/25/2021 at 4:36 PM, Jim_Alaska said:

Thank you Brother Scott for this correction, I stand corrected. This archaic spelling always irks me when it is so easy to post normal every day spelling.

For me this kind of thing makes Scripture difficult to read and comprehend. I don't know about anyone else, but I get bogged down in zeroing in on the spelling at the expense of the actual Scripture.

To Konstatin, my sincere apologies for my misunderstood reprimand.

And I like reading the inspired text of the Bible. God authorized 54 people to translate the KJV1611. 47 of them made this translation. Only one change was made to the KJV1611 by these people. This verse (Ruth 3:15). Here the word "he" has been replaced by the word "she". The rest of the changes were made by other people. God promises these people the following things:

18For I testifie vnto euery man that heareth the wordes of the prophesie of this booke, If any man shal adde vnto these things, God shall adde vnto him the plagues, that are written in this booke.

19And if any man shall take away from the wordes of the booke of this prophesie, God shal take away his part out of the booke of life, and out of the holy citie, and from the things which are written in this booke. (Rev.22:18,19) (KJV1611)

Below are just a few of the changes these people have made over the course of three hundred years:

“And she laid vp his garment by her, vntill her lord came home” (Gen.39:16) (KJV1611)
“And she laid vp his garment by her, vntill his lord came home” (Gen.39:16) (FakeKJV)

“her” -- (KJV1611)
“his” -- (FakeKJV)

“and one lambe without blemish” (Num.6:14) (KJV1611)
“and one ram without blemish” (Num.6:14) (FakeKJV)

“which the Lord giueth” (Deut.26:1) (KJV1611)
“which the Lord thy God giveth” (Deut.26:1) (FakeKJV)

“fierce wrath of God is vpon you” (2Chron.28:11) (KJV1611)
“fierce wrath of the Lord is upon you” (2Chron.28:11) (FakeKJV)

“Why then doth their king inherit God” (Jer.49:1) (KJV1611)
“why then doth their king inherit Gad” (Jer.49:1) (FakeKJV)

“Is not the meate cut off before your eyes” (Joel.1:16) (KJV1611)
“Is not the meat cut off before our eyes” (Joel.1:16) (FakeKJV)

“The seruant is not greater then the Lord” (John.15:20) (KJV1611)
“The servant is not greater than his lord” (John.15:20) (FakeKJV)

“halfe tribe of Manasseh” (Josh.13:29) (KJV1611)
“half tribe of the children of Manasseh” (Josh.13:29) (FakeKJV)

“and his wiues sonnes grew vp” (Judg.11:2) (KJV1611)
“and his wife’s sons grew up” (Judg.11:2) (FakeKJV)

“Dauid arose, hee and his men” (1Sam.18:27) (KJV1611)
“David arose and went, he and his men” (1Sam.18:27) (FakeKJV)

“And his seruant said to him” (1Sam.28:7) (KJV1611)
“And his servants said to him” (1Sam.28:7) (FakeKJV)

“that were in the Temple” (1Kings.11:10) (KJV1611)
“that were in the temple of the Lord” (1Kibgs.11:10) (FakeKJV)

“were men of might” (1Chron.7:5) (KJV1611)
“were valiant men of might” (1Chron.7:5) (FakeKJV)

“where the slaine are, there is he” (Job.39:30) (KJV1611)
“where the slain are, there is she” (Job.39:30) (FakeKJV)

“whome yee had set at libertie” (Jer.34:16) (KJV1611)
“whom he had set at liberty” (Jer.34:16) (FakeKJV)

“So the king sware secretly” (Jer.38:16) (KJV1611)
“So Zedekiah the king sware secretly” (Jer.38:16) (FakeKJV)

“vnto thy people” (Ezek.3:11) (KJV1611)
“unto the children of thy people” (Ezek.3:11) (FakeKJV)

“Is this the sonne of Dauid?” (Matt.12:23) (KJV1611)
“Is not this the son of David?” (Matt.12:23) (FakeKJV)

“perfect vnderstanding of things” (Luke.1:3) (KJV1611)
“perfect understanding of all things” (Luke.1:3) (FakeKJV)

“the redemption that is in Iesus Christ” (Rom.3:24) (KJV1611)
“the redemption that is in Christ Jesus” (Rom.3:24) (FakeKJV)

“helpes in gouernmēts, diuersities of tongues” (1Cor.12:28) (KJV1611)
“helps, governments, diversities of tongues” (1Cor.12:28) (Fake1611)

“another of the moone” (1Cor.15:41) (KJV1611)
“and another glory of the moon” (1Cor.15:41) (FakeKJV)

“For in this we grone earnestly, desiring to be clothed” (2Cor.5:2) (KJV1611)
“For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed” (2Cor.5:2) (FakeKJV)

“the King, kept the citie with a garison” (2Cor.11:32) (KJV1611)
“the king kept the city of the Damascenes with a garrison” (2Cor.11:32) (FakeKJV)

“rather then edifying” (1Tim.1:4) (KJV1611)
“rather than godly edifying” (1Tim.1:4) (FakeKJV)

“and enuies, and euill speaking” (1Pet.2:1) (KJV1611)
“and envies, and all evil speakings” (1Pet.2:1) (FakeKJV)

“hee that hath not the Sonne, hath not life” (1John.5:12) (KJV1611)
“he that hath not the Son of God hath not life” (1John.5:12) (FakeKJV)

Edited by Konstantin
mistake

• Moderators

I can't open the website given, not even on my phone, so I have to wonder what the issue here is. This all sounds suspiciously like 7th Day Adventism-related stuff. 

And this idea of picking verses out of scripture, like Ezra, that are purely historical, and using them to set dates and times of prophetic events, with absolutely nothing in the context to assume it to be related to prophecy of ANY kind, is the mark of a cult, that there is someone who has been given some special knowledge that is outside of the basic understanding of scripture. 

Konstantine, what organization is this? Why so hard to open their site? Who are they? Who is their leader? You're clearly cutting and pasting from the site, please tell me how we are to understand, within context, that Ezra, a historical book, speaking of things they did then, is supposed to be interpreted as prophecy, particularly of Christ's return and things of the end? How was this come upon? To whom did God give this particular word of knowledge, and when?  

Edit: I DID find out that .ru domains are Russian Union, which is probably why we can't open them. Too suspicious.

• 4 weeks later...

Picking a date and saying that is when the rapture will happen reminds me of a story often told when I was a kid growing up in the Shenandoah Valley. People said it was a true story.

The story goes that a local, country church studies Revelantion and determined that it would happen on such and such a date. On the day of the Rapture a church member, a farmer, climbed up onto the top of his hay stack to watch. A neighbor, who did not believe their forecast slipped up on his blind side and set the hay stack on fire. Suddenly the farmer smelled smoke and saw flames coming up. It was reported that he exclaimed; 

"Just as I suspected, I'm in hell."

• Members
11 hours ago, SureWord said:

He's pretending he was raptured on June 15th.

Man. Was that supposed to be this June 15th? I lost track of time. O well. Maybe next rapture.

Edited by John Young