• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Strange Wants of People

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

This meme reminds me of how it has been in many of the churches my wife and I have attended or helped found. There are VERY FEW in the front rows, but the back pews are full-up! I often wonder why that is...but I do have a story about why I kept back to four rows from the very front. In the late 70s, we had an evangelist named James Zaspell come to our church to speak for a week. I was in the second row when he started getting louder, frothing at the mouth, and then it happened. A huge saliva wad shot from his mouth and landed square in the left center of my open Bible! He just looked at me...I took my hander kerchief and wiped it off, and closed my Bible, afraid he might do it again! The next night I sat back in the MIDDLE of the church! LOL He was apologetic, but I never held and ill feelings for what happened. At least after that he had a napkin or something with him to wipe the stuff of his mouth! LOL I don't know if anyone else remembers who James Zaspell was, or have even heard him or of him. But, I enjoyed his preaching.