• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members
On 4/20/2021 at 3:45 PM, BrotherTony said:

On another forum in another place, there was a man who stated that the KJV was "doubly inspired." He was a Ruckmanite and was very adamant about those words in italics. They were supposed to be the inspired Word of God. There was no concession in his mind that God put them there. To me, that was sad. It was hard for me for many years to believe that ANYONE would hold the view of "double inspiration." It's not Scriptural. And, we have to remember that there was another ENGLISH translation available before the KJV. Another sad thing was that this person couldn't agree on which version of the KJV was actually the "inspired" version. I'm not questioning the validity of the KJV. I'm KJV PREFERRED, not KJVO. I do use other versions in Bible study at times for clarity. But, I have to say that when someone puts KJV 1611, and then carries one from the 1870s, it bothers me that they don't want to acknowledge the error in their way of thinking. Those italicized and words put into parenthesis don't make the KJV any less the Word of God or any less reliable, nor do they detract from it being God's inspired Word. I love my KJV. I started as a child with the Schofield Bible. Then I went to the Thompson Chain Reference. I actually need to get another TCR, as the one I've got, I've had for well over 30 years, and it's falling apart. It never ceases to amaze me at how the adversary will try to place doubt in ones mind over something so trivial. 

I use the 1769 Cambridge KJV and like you and your TCR I wouldn't have another until my eyesight requires one. I can not and will not support 'double inspiration. I do fully support God preserving HIS Word in my KJV