• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Israeli archeologists discover new Dead Sea Scrolls for first time in 60 years

• Members
On 3/16/2021 at 4:41 PM, Bouncing Bill said:

I'm curious. Did you read the article?

Sort of. I scanned the article, but I watched a few videos concerning it. 

Almost half of the "Dead Sea Scrolls" were based on Jewish fables one of which I'm reading now, The Book of Enoch. If this is related to that group of manuscripts or related to the Essenes than it is Jewish rubbish regardless if they found some Hellenistic Greek translation that matches the bible. 

The Book of the Twelve Prophets or the twelve minor prophets? The Book of the Twelve Minor Prophets sounds like an apocryphal term.

The Dead Sea Scrolls were used to support the mythological LXX theory that itself was based on a Jewish fable in the Letter to Aristeas 

"Not giving heed to Jewish fables..."- Titus 1:14

All the material in the cave probably dates from 200 BC to 200 AD. Radio Carbon Dating is suspect because it depends on all climate factors remaining the same without any variation. 

• Members
10 hours ago, SureWord said:

All the material in the cave probably dates from 200 BC to 200 AD. Radio Carbon Dating is suspect because it depends on all climate factors remaining the same without any variation. 

Climate! Yes and the world wide catastrophic flood changed the climate and which is still returning to its pre-flood state even today. So carbon dating is not a reliable source.