Online Baptist

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul." J.S. Bach

"To quote from a recent writer from the Old Country on life in Western Canada: "For a man in the West marriage does not mean what it does among the well-to-do at home, giving up a comfortable bachelor

Madison's final words during his introduction to congress for a 'Bill of Rights' "I think we should obtain the confidence of our fellow- citizens, in proportion as we fortify the rights of the pe

• Members

Doris Harris tells of a “dear old lady” who was asked about her excellent complexion and bright attitude. She replied, in effect, “I use my lips for Truth, for my voice, Kindness, for my eyes Compassion, for my hands Charity, for my figure Uprightness, for my heart Love and for any who don’t like me, Prayer.”

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

8 hours ago, jeff_student_of_Jesus said:

Ephesians 6 Expanded Greek

We don't do expanded greek here...we do the KJV. No matter how many times we tell folks it seems someone wants to come along and try the republic's rules. Why don't you just correct your post with the KJV and not attempt to make an issue about it?

"You would forget your head if it were not attached." ~  my mother or antiquity

• Members

KJV

Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;

6 Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart;

7 With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men:

1 Peter 2:18, KJV: "Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear;

not only to the good and gentle,

but also to the froward."

• Members
On 3/20/2021 at 12:32 PM, SureWord said:

"For feelings come and feelings go, and feelings are deceiving; My warrant is the Word of God, Nought else is worth believing."

Attributed to Martin Luther

"King James Version

And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

2 Peter 2:2"

"King James Version

But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

1 Timothy 6:9"

Posted (edited)

“Saying that you enjoy my friendship, but that you do not care for my faith, is like saying that you enjoy eating peaches, but that you do not care for their flavor.” - Unknown

Edited by Brother Stafford

"When I hear evolutionary scientists talk about the importance of discovering as much knowledge about the universe as possible, then go on to talk about how the universe will end in heat death, I cannot help but imagine them saying, 'Make haste!  We must fill the library with as many books as we possibly can before the whole building burns down!'" - B.J. Stafford

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Christ as a light, illumine and guide me
Christ as a sheild, over shadow me
Christ underneath, Christ over me
Christ beside, on my left and my right
This day be within and without me
Lowly and meek yet all powerful
Be in my heart, I reach to Him in my speech
In the dark who speak unto me
Christ as light, Christ as a sheild
Christ beside me
On my left and my right.
Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: John Michael Talbot
  • Members

Psalm 53 King James Version (KJV)

53 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

God looked down from heaven

upon the children of men,

to see if there were any that did understand,

that did seek God."

On 4/10/2021 at 12:18 PM, jeff_student_of_Jesus said:

James 4:4 "Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the

friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be

a friend of the world is the enemy of God." King James Version (KJV)

Scripture quotes are always best! Maybe I'll start another thread 'A Scripture Today How It Moved You.' (moved as in influenced, provoked, motivated, encouraged).

On 4/15/2021 at 5:58 AM, Bouncing Bill said:
Christ as a light, illumine and guide me
Christ as a sheild, over shadow me
Christ underneath, Christ over me
Christ beside, on my left and my right
Be in my heart, I reach to Him in my speech
In the dark who speak unto me
Christ as light, Christ as a sheild
Christ beside me
On my left and my right.
Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: John Michael Talbot

I liked this so much I went and found it on the web.

"O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!" [Romans 11:33]

"And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God." [Ephesians 3:19]

"But drops of grief can ne'er repay
The debt of love I owe
Here, Lord, I give myself away
'Tis all that I can do"
                               Lyrics ~ Isaac Watts, 1674-1748

There are many more devotional times of late when I'm so overwhelmed by God's personal revelation of a verse for me that it overflows and runs down my cheeks. Not a quote just truth.

• 2 weeks later...

"Now, the blessed fact is that God is not silent and has never been silent, but is speaking in his universe."                                      ~ A. W. Tozer

Brings to mind a couple scriptures from the Psalms.

"The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork." [Psalms 19:1]

"The heavens declare his righteousness, and all the people see his glory." [Psalms 97:6]

• Members
A different perspective:
“Ask any person who was chronically ill or disabled before the pandemic how life changed for them during the pandemic and we can’t say it changed as much as the average “healthy” person’s life did. We were already used to being at home. We were already painfully adjusted to missing events. Eventually, you stop missing certain things and accept the home life because you have to adapt to your new normal or you will go insane with grief from your life’s lost possibilities. My husband and I had hoped that healthy, mobile Americans would look beyond themselves and protect others while protecting themselves. There was also the vague hope that they would better understand the limited lives of their fellow ill or disabled Americans. Instead, we realized a new cold, hard truth: Most Americans wouldn’t know how to survive being hindered by illness or disability. They can’t adapt to inconvenience.
— Christine Skirbunt-Kozabo, Virginia”