• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Quotations Anyone?

• Members

"We live in desperate times worldwide. It is not just one nation that needs a healing, but a world."  anon

"Psalm 50:15  King James Version

"And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee..

"Read full chapter"

"Psalm 91:14-16  King James Version

"Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.   He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.   With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

"Read full chapter"

• Members

After Spurgeon’s baptism, his mother wrote him a letter: “Ah, Charles! I often prayed the Lord to make you a Christian, but I never asked that you might become a Baptist.”

“Ah, mother!” Spurgeon replied. “The Lord has answered your prayer with His usual bounty, and given you exceeding abundantly above what you asked or thought

• Members
On 8/2/2021 at 7:37 PM, Bouncing Bill said:

No, I am making no defense of Gandhi. The story about why he did not become a Christian has been published numerous times. It should be a lesson to all of us that our actions can be very harmful. All that I posted is well known. 

"published numerous times" Well, Bill, then we've all most likely heard it before. So, are you attempting to be a 'prophet' of something or some entity. Are you voicing your disdain or a preconceived notion about Christians. Do you hold Christians to the same standard of the secular world? Be a straight shooter, start a thread and let all of us, who profess Christ as Lord, have it right between our eyes. Asking for a friend ?.

• Members
9 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Forgiveness 

"David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered."

"1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

1 hour ago, 1Timothy115 said:

"published numerous times" Well, Bill, then we've all most likely heard it before. So, are you attempting to be a 'prophet' of something or some entity. Are you voicing your disdain or a preconceived notion about Christians. Do you hold Christians to the same standard of the secular world? Be a straight shooter, start a thread and let all of us, who profess Christ as Lord, have it right between our eyes. Asking for a friend ?.

I have no idea what you are asking. Do a bit of research on Gandhi and you will find the quotes. OK?

Research means that you don't know, but you are willing to find out.

Charles F. Kettering

Edited by Bouncing Bill

• Members

1 hour ago, Bouncing Bill said:
Research means that you don't know, but you are willing to find out.
Charles F. Kettering

Now you like Kettering?  Are you willing to find out ?

Kettering, to me, is most famous, or infamous now,  for causing lead poisoning in millions of little babies, children, and all ages until they died,  in the usa through his leaded gasoline invention(s).
Here's a couple quotes about the effects of the lead he made, as citizens of the usa INHALED DAILY for decades >

"Lead Poisoning: A Historical Perspective
by Jack Lewis [EPA Journal - May 1985]

"The decades-old controversy over the use of lead as a fuel additive is a mere footnote to centuries of controversy over this remarkably useful but also insidiously deadly metal."

It was no secret before it was used either - it has been known (presumably anyway) for centuries that lead is poison.  >>

"Hence gout and stone afflict the human race; Hence lazy jaundice with her saffron face; Palsy, with shaking head and tott'ring knees. And bloated dropsy, the staunch sot's disease; Consumption, pale, with keen but hollow eye, And sharpened feature, shew'd that death was nigh.

"The feeble offspring curse their crazy sires, And, tainted from his birth, the youth expires. (Description of lead poisoning by an anonymous Roman hermit, translated by Humelbergius Secundus, 1829)" "

• Members

King James Bible
Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.

On 8/3/2021 at 5:58 AM, Bouncing Bill said:

“It’s funny: I always imagined when I was a kid that adults had some kind of inner toolbox full of shiny tools: the saw of discernment, the hammer of wisdom, the sandpaper of patience. But then when I grew up I found that life handed you these rusty bent old tools – friendships, prayer, conscience, honesty – and said ‘do the best you can with these, they will have to do.’ And mostly, against all odds, they do.”

Anne Lamott

Sadly,  as God Says,  with grief and great sorrow, no, mostly they don't.  Mostly they remain lost, unsaved, on the road to destruction, and die , perish, forever.

Anne did not speak truth.

• Members
10 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

And if his convictions are wrong?

Then you have bouncing bills across the United States causing chaos on many city streets,,,Bill, you kind of left yourself open for that, My questions were straight forward, by the way, if you don't understand questions I suggest you research a Christian English course. I have no need of Ghandi, I leave him for persons of "enlightenment."

Edited by 1Timothy115
corrections

12 minutes ago, 1Timothy115 said:

Then you have bouncing bills across the United States causing chaos on many city streets,,,Bill, you kind of left yourself open for that, My questions were straight forward, by the way, if you don't understand questions I suggest you research a Christian English course. I have no need of Ghandi, I leave him for persons of "enlightenment."

There was no question in your G. K. Chesterton quote. "Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions." Maybe you forgot to ask the question. Right? Oh, and you did not answer my question, "What is those convictions are wrong." I really do not believe you will defend Chesterton's convictions. Right?

• Members
11 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

There was no question in your G. K. Chesterton quote. "Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions." Maybe you forgot to ask the question. Right? Oh, and you did not answer my question, "What is those convictions are wrong." I really do not believe you will defend Chesterton's convictions. Right?

I hate to point this out, but isn't this a place for QUOTATIONS, not debate?????