• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Quotations Anyone?

11 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

A person who consistently answers a question with a question is either trying to divert attention because he doesn't understand the question, or is trying to avoid the question because he has no answer.

J. Hunter Greene 2021

Interesting. Jesus often answered a question with a question. Are you saying Jesus did not understand?

Read:

Matthew 9: 14-15

Matthew 15: 1-3, 15:32-34,

Matthew 17:24-26

Matthew 21:16

Matthew 26:6-10

Mark 2:1-11

Mark 4: 10, 13

Mark 7:17-18

Mark 10:2-3

Mark 12:14-17

Mark 12: 18, 20-24

Luke 2:48-49

Luke 6:1-3

Luke 10:25-26

Luke 10: 29. 36

Luke 12:41-43

Luke 18:18-19

Luke 24:17-19

John 3:4, 10

John 6:60-71

John 8:3-10

John 11:8-10

John 13:37-38

John 18:22-23

John 18:33-34

John 21:20-22

• Members
27 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Interesting. Jesus often answered a question with a question. Are you saying Jesus did not understand?

Read:

Matthew 9: 14-15

Matthew 15: 1-3, 15:32-34,

Matthew 17:24-26

Matthew 21:16

Matthew 26:6-10

Mark 2:1-11

Mark 4: 10, 13

Mark 7:17-18

Mark 10:2-3

Mark 12:14-17

Mark 12: 18, 20-24

Luke 2:48-49

Luke 6:1-3

Luke 10:25-26

Luke 10: 29. 36

Luke 12:41-43

Luke 18:18-19

Luke 24:17-19

John 3:4, 10

John 6:60-71

John 8:3-10

John 11:8-10

John 13:37-38

John 18:22-23

John 18:33-34

John 21:20-22

This is a place for quotations, not discussions....And you know good and well the Christ was God incarnate...he could ask all the questions he wanted...Did Mr. Greene's quote hit a nerve, BB???

John 1:1-3
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

John 1:14
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

Philippians 2:5-11
Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Edited by BrotherTony
Addition of Scriptures to prove Christ was God incarnate

• Members

"No idolatry"

That's a commandment,  not a suggestion.  Breaking the commandment results in death .

The Creator Created all things.   He Says He directs everything - He is Sovereign over civilization, geology, change,

and the idolators who serve other gods bow down to mankind's historians (and other carnal sources) who serve other gods falsely.

The Creator not only directs everything,   He does so "for the good" of those who are not idolators.  For those who Love and Obey God and Are Called According to His Purpose and Plan.

3 minutes ago, Martyr_4_FutureJoy said:

"No idolatry"

That's a commandment,  not a suggestion.  Breaking the commandment results in death .

The Creator Created all things.   He Says He directs everything - He is Sovereign over civilization, geology, change,

and the idolators who serve other gods bow down to mankind's historians (and other carnal sources) who serve other gods falsely.

The Creator not only directs everything,   He does so "for the good" of those who are not idolators.  For those who Love and Obey God and Are Called According to His Purpose and Plan.

I have no idea what you mean by idolatry.

I would appreciate your answering my questions.

Edited by Bouncing Bill

• Members
8 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

I have no idea what you mean by idolatry.

I would appreciate your answering my questions.

Medical idolatry (google it).    You (according to all your posts for months) have been deceived by the unrighteous idolators utterly and completely, thus , by definition,  you cannot recognize idolatry at all,  nor obtain nor know any truth in Scripture,  unless by a miracle God Grants Repentance and sets you free.  He is also Well Able to heal ocd,  His Way (He chooses).  Freedom from idolatry and from the enemy's deception spiritually and physically is not given to most people on earth, because they blatantly,  willingly or wittingly or unwillingly and unwittingly, refuse to turn to God and to trust Him.

1 minute ago, Martyr_4_FutureJoy said:

Medical idolatry (google it).    You (according to all your posts for months) have been deceived by the unrighteous idolators utterly and completely, thus , by definition,  you cannot recognize idolatry at all,  nor obtain nor know any truth in Scripture,  unless by a miracle God Grants Repentance and sets you free.  He is also Well Able to heal ocd,  His Way (He chooses).  Freedom from idolatry and from the enemy's deception spiritually and physically is not given to most people on earth, because they blatantly,  willingly or wittingly or unwillingly and unwittingly, refuse to turn to God and to trust Him.

Please answer my questions.

• Members

"Do not "focus" on the fly or flies,  BUT DO REMOVE THEM. (at once, immediately, quickly, or a lot gets spoiled)"

On 8/25/2021 at 8:47 AM, BrotherTony said:

This is a place for quotations, not discussions....

If someone placed a healthy meal on a plate in front of you,  and there was also something foul, even just a hair, on the side of the plate, would you not remove it ?

"Hundreds of years ago lived a king named Solomon. One night God spoke to Solomon in a dream and asked him to make a wish.  God not only granted Solomon’s request for wisdom, but God also made him the richest king who ever lived.  Solomon later wrote the book of Ecclesiastes, which is a sort of blog about his journey for purpose and fulfillment.

In fact, we still quote some of Solomon’s sayings.  There is nothing new under the sun, Everything is beautiful in its time, Eat, drink and be merry, A little birdie told me….just to name a few.

Tucked away in Chapter 10 verse 1 are some words that caught my attention several years ago.“Dead flies make the perfumer’s ointment give off a stench…”  I had no clue what that meant!

I learned that in Solomon’s day, ointment was used for many purposes. Although it had medicinal uses, it was also sweet smelling and used as a perfume. But if during the making of the ointment a fly made its way into the ointment and was not removed immediately, it would die and soon the stench from the decaying body of the dead fly would permeate the entire batch of ointment.

One little dead fly didn’t seem to be that big of a deal – and the maker of the ointment would be tempted to just ignore it. But if he didn’t get rid of that fly, his entire batch of perfume could be ruined."

karenblankenshiplive.com/a-fly-in-the-perfume/

====================

quote From Biblehub: 

"(11) Have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness.--

To "have no fellowship" with such works is not (only) to refuse to take part in them (for this surely might be taken for granted), 

but to keep no terms with them, to have no sympathy or indulgence or excuse for them."

• Members
3 hours ago, Martyr_4_FutureJoy said:

"Do not "focus" on the fly or flies,  BUT DO REMOVE THEM. (at once, immediately, quickly, or a lot gets spoiled)"

If someone placed a healthy meal on a plate in front of you,  and there was also something foul, even just a hair, on the side of the plate, would you not remove it ?

"Hundreds of years ago lived a king named Solomon. One night God spoke to Solomon in a dream and asked him to make a wish.  God not only granted Solomon’s request for wisdom, but God also made him the richest king who ever lived.  Solomon later wrote the book of Ecclesiastes, which is a sort of blog about his journey for purpose and fulfillment.

In fact, we still quote some of Solomon’s sayings.  There is nothing new under the sun, Everything is beautiful in its time, Eat, drink and be merry, A little birdie told me….just to name a few.

Tucked away in Chapter 10 verse 1 are some words that caught my attention several years ago.“Dead flies make the perfumer’s ointment give off a stench…”  I had no clue what that meant!

I learned that in Solomon’s day, ointment was used for many purposes. Although it had medicinal uses, it was also sweet smelling and used as a perfume. But if during the making of the ointment a fly made its way into the ointment and was not removed immediately, it would die and soon the stench from the decaying body of the dead fly would permeate the entire batch of ointment.

One little dead fly didn’t seem to be that big of a deal – and the maker of the ointment would be tempted to just ignore it. But if he didn’t get rid of that fly, his entire batch of perfume could be ruined."

karenblankenshiplive.com/a-fly-in-the-perfume/

====================

quote From Biblehub: 

"(11) Have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness.--

To "have no fellowship" with such works is not (only) to refuse to take part in them (for this surely might be taken for granted), 

but to keep no terms with them, to have no sympathy or indulgence or excuse for them."

Jeff, you may have changed your name, but it's still you. 

• Members
On 9/2/2021 at 7:27 AM, Bouncing Bill said:

“We must learn to regard people less in the light of what they do or omit to do, and more in the light of what they suffer.” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Psalm 26:4-5 - "I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissemblers. I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked."

Psalm 101:3-8 - "I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me. A froward heart shall depart from me: I will not know a wicked person. Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off: him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer. Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me: he that walketh in a perfect way, he shall serve me. He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight. I will early destroy all the wicked of the land; that I may cut off all wicked doers from the city of the LORD."

1 Timothy 6:3-5 - "If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; he is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself."

2 Timothy 3:1-5 - "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away."

(Note: God's Word does not seem to agree with Bonhoeffer's word. So, which will we choose to follow? As for me, I will follow God's Word as the very truth, and will disregard Bonhoeffer's word as a falsehood against the truth.)

14 minutes ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

Psalm 26:4-5 - "I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissemblers. I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked."

Psalm 101:3-8 - "I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me. A froward heart shall depart from me: I will not know a wicked person. Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off: him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer. Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me: he that walketh in a perfect way, he shall serve me. He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight. I will early destroy all the wicked of the land; that I may cut off all wicked doers from the city of the LORD."

1 Timothy 6:3-5 - "If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; he is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself."

2 Timothy 3:1-5 - "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away."

(Note: God's Word does not seem to agree with Bonhoeffer's word. So, which will we choose to follow? As for me, I will follow God's Word as the very truth, and will disregard Bonhoeffer's word as a falsehood against the truth.)

I believe if you look at the life Christ lived and how he treated those who suffer you will see that your proof texting is incorrect and that Bonhoeffer was correct. 

• Remember the woman taken in adultery?
  • Remember the woman at the well?
  • Remember how he treated the hated tax collector?
  • Remember Jesus healed the sick, raised the dead, consoled the afflicted, and comforted the broken hearted.
  • Remember his comparison of the rich man and the woman who gave the widow's mite?
  • Remember the only people he came down hard on were the 'professional' buffed up religious people, (men), of his day who spent most of their time criticizing other? 
Edited by Bouncing Bill