• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Quotations Anyone?

• Members

("Love Not The World") "... nor the things of the world"   

"Whoever Loves The World (politic,medical,financial,social, etc) Cannot Be A Friend of God"

Below is from Chinese Saint died in prison,  isolation in prison 20+ years for his faith in Jesus.

http://lovenot.org/book/chapter1.html

"But what of education? Surely, we protest, that must be harmless. ...

"But education, no less than commerce or technology,

is one of the things of the world.

It has its roots in the tree of knowledge.

"How earnestly, as Christians, we seek to protect our children from the world's more obvious snares. And yet it is quite true that we have to provide education for them.

"How are we going to solve the problem of letting them touch what is essentially a thing of the world, and at the same time guarding them from the great world system and its perils?"

• Members

“Whenever the church gets in bed with politics, the church gets pregnant, and the offspring does not look like God the Father.”

J. D. Greear

Gandhi was bad to get in bed with-  the results were antichrist (not like God the Father) . 

Why with false direction and fleshly purpose quote (again)  a false (worldly) prophet(s), a false teacher(s), on a "Christian" forum ?   The source is corrupt, worldly, and the resulting direction if followed is fatal to true faith in Jesus.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mahatma Gandhi > Quotes > Quotable Quote. "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.". 

Edited by jeff_student_of_Jesus

If it weren't for Christians, I'd be a Christian. 

Mahatma Gandhi.

He said this because of the following experience. One Sunday he decided to go to a Christian church. He as a great admirer of Christ. When he approached the door of the church an usher met him, telling him he was unwelcome and could not worship with them. The usher said the church was for high caste Indians and white people only, thus, Gandhi, being neither of a high caste nor white could not enter the church. 

Gandhi also said, "I considered becoming a Christian ... until I met one."

• Members
3 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

If it weren't for Christians, I'd be a Christian. 

Mahatma Gandhi.

He said this because of the following experience. One Sunday he decided to go to a Christian church. He as a great admirer of Christ. When he approached the door of the church an usher met him, telling him he was unwelcome and could not worship with them. The usher said the church was for high caste Indians and white people only, thus, Gandhi, being neither of a high caste nor white could not enter the church. 

Gandhi also said, "I considered becoming a Christian ... until I met one."

Is that the same reason you quote ungodly sources and , from your own posts, agree with them, and you don't quote Christians,  and don't (from your own posts) quote or believe the Bible then ?   Because of the hypocrisy you see every day in so-called 'Christians' ? 

17 hours ago, jeff_student_of_Jesus said:

Is that the same reason you quote ungodly sources and , from your own posts, agree with them, and you don't quote Christians,  and don't (from your own posts) quote or believe the Bible then ?   Because of the hypocrisy you see every day in so-called 'Christians' ? 

This is a thread for quotations, not editorial comments. Please respect that.

"Stay focused on your mission, remain steadfast in your pursuit of excellence, and always do the right thing." Mark Esper

• Members

Doing the right thing requires coming out of babylon. "Come out of her My People"

"Compared to previous Babylons, the major difference in what we now face in modern Babylon lies in the intensity, availability, and receptivity of its communication. As far as we know, mankind has never before been confronted by these twisted, persuasive, demonic powers as he is today. They now have the global use of the visible and audible influence of radio, music, movies, television, and the Internet, in addition to the entrenched systems of thought and standards of conduct."   John R.

"Revelation 18:4

"This warning is sobering because the course of this world is closer than ever to reaching its anti-God fullness. There has never been a time in the out-working of God's purpose when this advice is more urgently needed."

• Members
7 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

This is a thread for quotations, not editorial comments. Please respect that.

"Stay focused on your mission, remain steadfast in your pursuit of excellence, and always do the right thing." Mark Esper

Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: 1 Corinthians 2:6

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. 1 Corinthians 3:19

• Members

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.                 Romans 1:22-23