• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Quotations Anyone?

• Members

Jim,

Good question. I heard Dr. Keen use this quote at a Missions Conference back in sometime in 1994 or thereabouts. I had written the quote in my Bible and then Dr. Keen signed the Bible. He may, or may not, have been the originator of the quote. If you have any other information that lets us know who originally used this quote let us know.

Alan

• Members
On 3/15/2021 at 7:11 PM, Alan said:

Jim,

Good question. I heard Dr. Keen use this quote at a Missions Conference back in sometime in 1994 or thereabouts. I had written the quote in my Bible and then Dr. Keen signed the Bible. He may, or may not, have been the originator of the quote. If you have any other information that lets us know who originally used this quote let us know.

Alan

Whoever said it, I like it.

• Administrators

Bro. Alan, I don't have anything to add to that quote and never heard it before. What I wrote, I wrote because I didn't quite know what to think about it and at first glance didn't think I agreed with it. But I deleted that post because what I said didn't really need to be said at all. I thought better of posting it and deleted it.  :sorry:

• Members

“Our greatest danger perhaps is that of multiplying organizations and broadening our mission until the important and essential task for which we exist has been either lost sight of or is entirely crowded out.” ~ Oswald J. Smith, The Man God Uses

Doris Harris tells of a “dear old lady” who was asked about her excellent complexion and bright attitude. She replied, in effect, “I use my lips for Truth, for my voice, Kindness, for my eyes Compassion, for my hands Charity, for my figure Uprightness, for my heart Love and for any who don’t like me, Prayer.”