• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Proverbs

16 hours ago, SureWord said:

I have to admit that one flies above my head.

Good medicine is bitter to the mouth. - Japanese proverb

On the African proverb. I take it to mean the Chief has power over you and your life. With a rope, he can tie you up or, at worst, hang you. He, the Chief, has the power you do not have.

• Members
2 hours ago, 1Timothy115 said:

"Riches profit not in the day of wrath: but righteousness delivereth from death." [Proverbs 11:4]

Interesting verse because normally in times of major crisis usually the more money you have the better chances you have coming out unscathed. So, obviously this "day of wrath" is referring to divine judgement straight from God as in the Great Tribulation or the Great White Throne Judgement. 

Edited by SureWord

• Members
2 hours ago, SureWord said:

Interesting verse because normally in times of major crisis usually the more money you have the better chances you have coming out unscathed. So, obviously this "day of wrath" is referring to divine judgement straight from God as in the Great Tribulation or the Great White Throne Judgement. 

Kind of goes hand in hand with this next one... "You can't take it with you." 

• 4 weeks later...