• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Tobacco Use

• Members

Okay, so what you are saying is you put them on the same level, To you, does that mean you consider both sin and stand against both, or you consider both acceptable and do not stand against their use today?

• Members

Also, for the sake of clarification, if you are against both, is this something that your denomination teaches (such as the church of Christ or Seventh Day Adventists), or something you have arrived at through personal study of the Scriptures and prayer?

Edited by Jerry

• Members

Nope it’s definitely not sin for either one Jerry. Both are substances that may have cultural importance, and both can be abused. They are both addictive and may require a more precautious eye if a Christian wishes to steward his body more properly. 

Edited by Hugh_Flower

• 10 months later...
  • Members

That was quite a ride! When I first got saved I was witnessing on the streets of Jacksonville, NC. The man I was was witnessing to noticed the cigarettes in my pocket and said, "I thought Christians weren't supposed to smoke. Isn't your body the temple of the Holy Ghost?" That was the first I had heard of that, but found it to be true. I quit right after that. Funny, eh?