• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Proud Boys

• Members

Bouncing Bill,

In the song that you uploaded you mentioned that the singer was a "Baptist Preacher." But, you gave us no other information. So, we have no knowledge of if the man really is a Baptist preacher or who he is, or the church he pastors. So, we have a complete lack of knowledge of the singer. Can you give us more, concrete, information concerning the singer? We would like to check your source.

Would you mind telling us some of your background? Can you give us some concrete, not vague, information concerning yourself?

For example.

Are you a writer for, or involved in any way, any news media outlets. Such as, as one example, "Baptist News Global?"

https://baptistnews.com/article/you-cannot-follow-jesus-and-endorse-racism-period/#.X_TqM9lS_nC

Do you mind telling us of your church background?

Do you mind telling us if you are a member of any political organization? Or a writer for, any type, internet or print based,  news media organization?

Thank you for letting us know the singers background and your background.

Edited by Alan
added: 'a writer for'

1 hour ago, Alan said:

Sure World,

I have been a Baptist all my life. 

I was greatly influenced by the Baptist preacher, Carlyle Marney and the Quaker theologian, Elton Trueblood and the German theologian and martyr, Dietrich Bonhoeffer. Francis Schaeffer influenced me, but not to the extent of the three mentioned above. I was active in the Yokefellows for years and also in the Church Renewal program.

Books that influenced my theology other than the Bible are:

1. The Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich Bonhoeffer.
  2. Letters and Papers from Prison by Dietrich Bonhoeffer.
  3. Faith in Conflict by Carlyle Marney.
  4. The Coming Faith by Carlyle Marney.
  5. Beggar in Velvet by Carlyle Marney.
  6. The Taste of New Wine by Keith Miller.
  7. The New Man for Our Time by Elton Trueblood.
  8. The Incendiary Fellowship by Elton Trueblood.
  9. A Place to Stand by Elton Trueblood.
  10. Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence.
  11. The Christian's Secret to a Happy Life by Hannah Whitall Smith.
  12. The Idea of the Laity by David Haney

This is not an exhaustive list, but a representative one. 

I am a retired librarian. I still freelance index medical books. 

I love to travel and God has allowed me to travel and work in a several countries in Asia and Europe that include two seminary libraries. Because of this I have friends all over the world. 

Other than a party affiliation so I can vote in my state I belong to no political or civic group. I have never been associated with any media organization. I did work for years with a research company that conducted a lot of work in communication packet-switching and the development of the Internet.  

I am always reading two to four books at any given time. 

I do keep a journal. About the only other writing I do is for a memoir class I take through the local community college each semester. Everyone has interesting stories to tell.

No, I will tell you nothing about my friend who sang the song. I respect his privacy and do not have his permission to share it with others. I will tell you only this, he served in our church as a member and interim pastor. He is now the pastor of a large church in the Washington, D.C. area. He is the chaplain to the police department where he serves and often rides in a patrol car during night hours. He is a great guy. He has tons of life experience and that makes his an understanding, great pastor.

Sure World, now, tell me about you. OK?

Bouncing Bill,

In the song that you uploaded you mentioned that the singer was a "Baptist Preacher." But, you gave us no other information. So, we have no knowledge of if the man really is a Baptist preacher or who he is, or the church he pastors. So, we have a complete lack of knowledge of the singer. Can you give us more, concrete, information concerning the singer? We would like to check your source.

Would you mind telling us some of your background? Can you give us some concrete, not vague, information concerning yourself?

For example.

Are you a writer for, or involved in any way, any news media outlets. Such as, as one example, "Baptist News Global?"

https://baptistnews.com/article/you-cannot-follow-jesus-and-endorse-racism-period/#.X_TqM9lS_nC

Do you mind telling us of your church background?

Do you mind telling us if you are a member of any political organization? Or, any type, internet or print based, of news media organization?

Thank you for letting us know the singers background and your background.

• Administrators

I didn't make it past the second line. I'm so tired of people who think they know things they don't. This man, whomever he is, has no idea who the Proud Boys are. Nazis? Traitors? Hogwash. Some people need to stop swallowing all the garbage the MSM spews.

7 hours ago, SureWord said:

Bill, again, do you condemn the violent and racist attitudes and actions of Antifa and BLM? 

If not then please don't chirp on about the so-called "Proud Boys" who have yet to burn and loot and cost 4 billion dollars worth of damage in the last rounds of riots. 

I condemn violence and racism on both sides. Do you? 

Now, tell me about yourself. I told you about me.

• Members
6 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

I condemn violence and racism on both sides. Do you? 

Now, tell me about yourself. I told you about me.

Bill, to answer your IM

I am Baptist not a white supremacist.

I'm am not a member of any extremist group nor have I ever been. Although, among Antifa and BLM my denial would only prove that I am a racist. Therefore, if I deny I am a racist it proves that I am one and if I say I am a racist, well.... This is modus operandi among commie revolutionaries. 

The only group I am a member of other than the body of Christ is my local KJV IFB Baptist Church.

I was a member of the local rifle club but let my membership lapse because of finances. And before you assume the club is a white "militia" there were two blacks and one Jew who joined the same time I did.

I also was a member of the local gym but stopped going because, well, I'm lazy when it comes to exercise. 

I will leave you with one interesting quote, though from a Harvard educated professor by the name of Noel Ignatiev:

"The goal of abolishing the White race is on its face so desirable that some may find it hard to believe that it could incur any opposition other than from committed White supremacists."

The lovely Mr. Ignatiev, who passed away a few months ago and is undoubtedly burning in hell right now, was suggesting that that the day will come that only "white supremacists" will oppose the genocide of the so-called "White race" as he puts it.

My point is that this obsession with race will turn many white folks who were never racist to begin with into bonafide racists. Especially with crazy quotes like the one above.

Edited by SureWord

• Moderators
On 1/5/2021 at 4:51 PM, Bouncing Bill said:
  1. Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence.
  2. The Christian's Secret to a Happy Life by Hannah Whitall Smith.

Be wary of these books, Bill. Both these authors support so-called Christian mysticism - spiritual formation, as it's called nowadays - which is a dangerous heresy infiltrating our churches!  Brother Lawrence was likely influenced by Teresa of Avila. https://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/brotherlawrence.htm

• Members
23 hours ago, Ukulelemike said:

Studied at Loyola University? The Jesuit college? And he is a Baptist? Well, Southern Baptist, I suspect. But with a Catholic bent? Can't trust anyone to be a true follower of Christ, much less a preacher, that sides with the party of infanticide on demand.

Northern Baptist. Yes, there is such a denomination. As liberal as the United Methodist.

1 hour ago, SureWord said:

Northern Baptist. Yes, there is such a denomination. As liberal as the United Methodist.

There are no Northern Baptists. That name went away quite a number of years ago.

I do know his church is quite multi-racial which gives it a rich cultural heritage. 

• Members
32 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

There are no Northern Baptists. That name went away quite a number of years ago.

I do know his church is quite multi-racial which gives it a rich cultural heritage. 

That's funny because there was a Northern Baptist Church in upstate NY where I lived for six years. At least it stated that on their sign.

They may have changed their name but not their doctrines.

Edited by SureWord