• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Spelling Bee

• Members
On 1/3/2021 at 9:02 AM, Bouncing Bill said:

I would love to see a spelling bee between smart 6th graders and the US Congress.

How about you?

Schumer:

Spell "father".

Nancy Pelosi:

"He/She/Him/Her/They/Binary/Queer/Cisgender/ Other/Ze/Zir/Person Parent"

Schumer: Correct

1 hour ago, SureWord said:

Schumer:

Spell "father".

Nancy Pelosi:

"He/She/Him/Her/They/Binary/Queer/Cisgender/ Other/Ze/Zir/Person Parent"

Schumer: Correct

I really do not think being nasty is a good thing on this board. I would hate to see this discussion board sink to the level of some I could mention. 

Edited by Bouncing Bill

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

I really do not think being nasty is a good thing on this board. I would hate to see this discussion board sink to the level of some I could mention. 

Considering that Nancy's the one pushing for banning the usage of words like father in favor of those he listed, his answer was quite as funny as your OP. I really do not think you need to rebuke him for it...unless, of course, you want someone to rebuke you for being nasty and comparing the brains of congress to 6th graders? If you don't want silly answers to your jokes/silly thoughts, don't post 'em. ?

• Members
1 hour ago, HappyChristian said:

Considering that Nancy's the one pushing for banning the usage of words like father in favor of those he listed, his answer was quite as funny as your OP. I really do not think you need to rebuke him for it...unless, of course, you want someone to rebuke you for being nasty and comparing the brains of congress to 6th graders? If you don't want silly answers to your jokes/silly thoughts, don't post 'em. ?

The WAPO and NYT didn't mention this so it's not true. 

7 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

IMHO that is no excuse to lower yourself to gutter comments. I did not consider it a silly answer. Just a nasty comment, the type that has become far too often used in our society. It is not a Christ-like reply in any sense of the word.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

IMHO that is no excuse to lower yourself to gutter comments. I did not consider it a silly answer. Just a nasty comment, the type that has become far too often used in our society. It is not a Christ-like reply in any sense of the word.

I think you need to re-learn the definition of "gutter comments." There was nothing about the gutter in his comment (other than the sad fact that our Congress is putting us there with their ridiculous "rules" about not calling anyone father, mother, sister, daughter, son)...and as was pointed out by myself and another - it was IN THE EXACT SAME VEIN AS YOUR OPENING COMMENT. You have taken something that could have been enjoyable and fun and made it, yet again, a test about your superior spirituality.

Again, if you don't want those kinds of comments, stop making them yourself. And I would think quoting Christ about light - since He is the TRUE Light, would be more apropos for someone who is trying to make it seem that silly comments are not Christ-like.

I'm not going to continue going back and forth with you about this. Just stop. There was no more wrong with his comment than there was with yours. Let's move on and go about our day for the Lord.