• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Are people still getting Saved and Baptized at your church?

Go to solution Solved by Pastor Matt,

• Members

My church has had over 5 familes since the start of Covid Join our flock! We have had about 12 baptisms ( mine included ) and won the soul of a 72 year old man just a few months ago!

My church has been growing, and it's such a blessing to see and be a part of!

Edited by Hugh_Flower

• Members
36 minutes ago, E Morales said:

For someone that don't understand what Saved means, it means to be born again in Christ Spiritually. Thanks ?

We know what it is but my point is nobody is staying away from our church except when they are sick like they've always done without the goverment having to mandate healthy people staying away.

And a little girl was saved two weeks ago which I highly doubt would have occured over Zoom.

Edited by SureWord

• Members

I would like to add that one member has started bringing to "undocumented workers" to church. The one man needs one of our members to translate the sermon into Spanish for him. Let's pray they get saved.

Again, doubtful this would take place on Zoom.

• Members
2 hours ago, SureWord said:

I would like to add that one member has started bringing to "undocumented workers" to church. The one man needs one of our members to translate the sermon into Spanish for him. Let's pray they get saved.

Again, doubtful this would take place on Zoom.

Nice, I pray that he harden not his heart. I was talking earlier about new visitors, that might not know what it is to be Saved. Remember not all that visitors are born again. Thanks

• Members
On 12/29/2020 at 1:38 AM, Hugh_Flower said:

My church has had over 5 familes since the start of Covid Join our flock! We have had about 12 baptisms ( mine included )

This is amazing! I've been wanting to do the baptism for over a year now.  I've had various opportunities to do it before, but the doctrine at this particular church was faulty, they wanted me to get baptised to become to 'be saved', they fully believe in baptismal regeneration and I refused baptism there. They told me I could only become a 'sister' after baptistm.

I hope to find a sound-doctrine church in my local area that will soon allow baptisms.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 12/30/2020 at 1:40 PM, Corinne said:

This is amazing! I've been wanting to do the baptism for over a year now.  I've had various opportunities to do it before, but the doctrine at this particular church was faulty, they wanted me to get baptised to become to 'be saved', they fully believe in baptismal regeneration and I refused baptism there. They told me I could only become a 'sister' after baptistm.

I hope to find a sound-doctrine church in my local area that will soon allow baptisms.

Any local Baptist churches?

• 6 months later...
  • Members

I'm not sure if anyone has been saved lately in our church services or not. I know we had a few baptisms a few months back, and they were mainly youth baptisms. I'm not knocking that, but in the last five years I haven't heard of ANY adults being saved through our church or IN our church services. That worries me about the ministry of our church in a way. There is no active program to go out and reach people for Christ as there is in the IFB churches. We can do it individually, but there is no corporate program for it. I believe this is one reason why the Lord has had my wife and I looking into other churches the past year or so.

• Members

Two separate missionaries in Taiwan (which is on soft lockdown now) have recently had people saved through their online services. One was a lady watching the online Sunday school service with her daughter and called the missionary to come to her house to explain salvation in detail and she was saved. The other was similar, watching the online service with her daughter and was saved. The gospel being preached is the main thing no matter if it's in person or online.