• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Would you throw it away?

• Members

This thing has been bothering me for a while and I wanna know what a mature believer would do. I live with people, all of them against my beliefs, some of them are Orthodox but they don't practice, most don't have a religion.

They receive demonic gifts and prints on food and they buy demonic stuff. But I throw them away secretly. So one of my relatives received a t-shirt with a demonic curse on it. I searched for it and threw it away. Another relative received food that had a demonic logo. I also threw that away.

But I'll get caught eventually, I cannot just remove stuff but I cannot live in the same place with these horrific objects. One cousin is a metal fan and has all sorts of scary memorabilia. It's sickening to have to look upon this daily, it affects me mentally to live with their stuff and not be able to get away cause I can't afford to move.

Any advice? What would you do? I wish I could continue and throw away their trash cause that's what it is, but I can't throw away large things, it will be too obvious

Edited by Corinne

• Members
6 hours ago, Corinne said:

This thing has been bothering me for a while and I wanna know what a mature believer would do. I live with people, all of them against my beliefs, some of them are Orthodox but they don't practice, most don't have a religion.

They receive demonic gifts and prints on food and they buy demonic stuff. But I throw them away secretly. So one of my relatives received a t-shirt with a demonic curse on it. I searched for it and threw it away. Another relative received food that had a demonic logo. I also threw that away.

But I'll get caught eventually, I cannot just remove stuff but I cannot live in the same place with these horrific objects. One cousin is a metal fan and has all sorts of scary memorabilia. It's sickening to have to look upon this daily, it affects me mentally to live with their stuff and not be able to get away cause I can't afford to move.

Any advice? What would you do? I wish I could continue and throw away their trash cause that's what it is, but I can't throw away large things, it will be too obvious

Prayer and the bible.

Remember, God will not put you through temptation you can't handle but it will be rough at times. So you'll need to stay in the book and continually pray.  Also, remember your cousin's music memorabilia has no power over you. It may be disturbing to look at but it has no power over you with your relationship with God.

As far as the food, I'm not sure what you mean by "demonic prints" being on them, I guess you mean the companies logo, but the food itself is harmless and no devils are dwelling in it. Just give thanks and ask God to bless it.

Also, I don't think a "demonic curse" can be placed on an article of clothing. It may be immodest clothing or have metal logos on it but there's no curse on clothing. It's just a piece of cloth. Don't become superstitious like a Roman Catholic.

I pray you can get out of that situation as soon as possible because your conscience is continually being hurt and I believe the Spirit of God within is grieved when this happens. Just be forewarned, God may take you out of your situation in a non-traditional way like I experienced when I first got saved. It could be rough at first and your path unsure but trust in God. Until that time, try to be a witness to them for the Lord when there are opportunities.

Edited by SureWord

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Corinne said:

Daily I try not to let these things affect me, it's just that I'm very sensitive when I see evil words shown everywhere. Metal fans collect all sorts of monsters with crosses and curses, the prints are all mockings of our beliefs and it's a challenge to ignore something like this when it's placed in front of you almost daily.

I wish they would wear normal stuff, but it's all customized. I think he also plans to buy some gargoyle looking puppet, it never ends

But at the same time, Hugh_Flower, you are right. I can't just remove someone else's belongings. It's a constant test. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

At the risk of sounding flippant over it, bear in mind, even when you get out, (I assume you are where you are because you are living with family) the entire world is just like your living situation. Sometimes the Lord allows us to be in less-than-ideal situations, to strengthen us, to strengthen our faith and trust in Him, and to help you learn to keep a good stand for Him despite your surroundings. Paul preached in many places full of terrible idolatry, like Mars Hill, and it just led him to proclaim Christ all the louder.

Second, despite your good intentions, I would say it is wrong for you to steal and dispose of things that are not yours. In love, let your light shine to them, rather than being always offended-you love them, not their stuff; so love them. Again, Paul preached in Ephesus with such power, that the people brought their idolatrous books of curious arts together and burned them, at the value of 50K shekels-a lot of money. THEY burned them, not Paul. So I encourage you to seek to have that sort of godly influence, rather than resorting to theft, which is still wrong, even if you think it is for good. In that case, it is only your conscience that benefits, not theirs.