• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

To Attend Or Not To Attend?

Go to solution Solved by HappyChristian,

• Members

My wife & I are at high risk for covid, due to age & medical conditions, & we have decided that attending church indoors while unvaccinated is DARING (tempting) GOD to protect us from covid, that it would be deliberately putting ourselves in danger. There's plenty of preaching & Bible study on TV & local radio, so it's not as if we are forsaking our gathering with other believers. The danger is real, all politicizing aside.

Our pastor said he's considering foregoing live services & posting sermons twice weekly on the net til the pandemic's over, as most of our members have computers & internet service.

What are YOUR thoughts ?

• Members
6 hours ago, robycop3 said:

My wife & I are at high risk for covid, due to age & medical conditions, & we have decided that attending church indoors while unvaccinated is DARING (tempting) GOD to protect us from covid, that it would be deliberately putting ourselves in danger. There's plenty of preaching & Bible study on TV & local radio, so it's not as if we are forsaking our gathering with other believers. The danger is real, all politicizing aside.

Our pastor said he's considering foregoing live services & posting sermons twice weekly on the net til the pandemic's over, as most of our members have computers & internet service.

What are YOUR thoughts ?

Taking the vaccine will be even more daring, IMO.  Have you read how that vaccine works? Either the thing will be the next breakthrough in medicine or it will be a complete disaster with long term effects. Or...it might do not do anything at all since the virus has been mutating like HIV.

My concern is that it may destroy the immune system. Down in Australia they had to discontinue the trials because the test subjects kept having false-positive HIV results after receiving the vaccine.

Edited by SureWord

• Administrators
  • Solution

We don't agree with the vaccine, and do believe there are ways to protect oneself from a variety of viruses, not just covid - Vit. C, Vit. D3 (studies are showing that the majority of people who contracted covid were D deficient), tonic water, zinc. That is us, though.

But here's the thing, robycop: You and your wife are the only ones who can decide what you should do. If, after prayer, you believe you should stay home, then that is what you need to do. If your pastor, after prayer, decides God would have him go to online services, then that is what he should do. I know of churches that do this, and the pastor even goes online at various times during the week just to post an encouraging thought. Sometimes their wives will do a short devotion for the women of their congregation as well. When we closed the first two weeks, I did videos for Sunday School (we did have online services as well).

Liberty is a beautiful thing. While a couple of people have tried to shame those who do not wear masks, there is still choice. God will lead each individual, and not necessarily all the same way. That doesn't mean one is smarter or more spiritual than another.

I've known you long enough online here to believe you and your wife will follow God's leading. Be safe and stay healthy!

On 12/23/2020 at 11:28 AM, robycop3 said:

What are YOUR thoughts ?

You are wise to do as you stated in your post. Has you pastor considered using Zoom. We have found it a great way to gather together during this time of the pandemic. An unforeseen consequence is that it has given us the opportunity clean all the carpets in the church, paint all the walls inside and out, and complete other tasks in and around the church. These tasks would have been much more difficult in normal times with people in the church. 

Use this time as an opportunity.

Blessings to you and yours. 

Oh, an ignore the people who say the vaccine should not be taken. They are always around and they have been wrong ever since the first vaccines in China in the 1500s and Edward Jenner in the 18th century. 

• Members
3 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

You are wise to do as you stated in your post. Has you pastor considered using Zoom. We have found it a great way to gather together during this time of the pandemic. An unforeseen consequence is that it has given us the opportunity clean all the carpets in the church, paint all the walls inside and out, and complete other tasks in and around the church. These tasks would have been much more difficult in normal times with people in the church. 

Use this time as an opportunity.

Blessings to you and yours. 

Oh, an ignore the people who say the vaccine should not be taken. They are always around and they have been wrong ever since the first vaccines in China in the 1500s and Edward Jenner in the 18th century. 

Who has said the vaccine should not be taken? 

And there have been vaccines that have failed some causing a worse strain of the disease.

Edited by SureWord

• Administrators

Sigh. Yet more erroneous extrapolation. NOBODY said not to take the vaccine, so let's just stop that, ok?  Discussion of vaccine failures belongs in another thread. Please don't derail this thread by continuing that discussion. (Please is simply a courtesy...it's not a request.)

3 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

Sigh. Yet more erroneous extrapolation. NOBODY said not to take the vaccine, so let's just stop that, ok?  Discussion of vaccine failures belongs in another thread. Please don't derail this thread by continuing that discussion. (Please is simply a courtesy...it's not a request.)

If vaccine failures belong in another thread, why did you bring the topic up? You said:

"And there have been vaccines that have failed some causing a worse strain of the disease." So, what failures are you speaking about?

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

If vaccine failures belong in another thread, why did you bring the topic up? You said:

"And there have been vaccines that have failed some causing a worse strain of the disease." So, what failures are you speaking about?

That was not me and I will not say again to move it to another thread. End of discussion about the efficacy of vaccines in this thread. 

• Members
On 12/25/2020 at 10:39 AM, Bouncing Bill said:

Please tell me about the vaccines that were worse than the disease. Thanks. 

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/doctor-on-cnn-dont-be-alarmed-if-elderly-die-after-receiving-covid-vaccine

Good luck, Bill

Edited by SureWord

• Members
21 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

Yes, Bill continues to intentionally misrepresent.

I've taken plenty of vaccines. With my asthma I usually get a flu shot every year but even with those there's some fraud with them since they only vaccinate a person against last year's strain.

My whole position is a 'wait and see' approach. The whole circumstances surrounding Wuhan, the people behind the vaccine (ex. Bill Gates), the censorship of any differing opinions or facts, the speed with which the vaccine was pushed through, that at least one vaccine (AstraZeneca) was made using "harvested fetal tissue" and the fact that it consists of mRNA, which I believe is a first, makes me as doubtful in taking it as those who doubt not taking it.

• Members
1 hour ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Hasn't happened yet. Time will tell. But that doesn't answer the question. Try again.

Bill, you go get jabbed before you start encouraging others to get it. How 'bout you do that first. And if you don't develop a form of HIV, say, after two years, then maybe I'll think about it 

2 hours ago, SureWord said:

Bill, you go get jabbed before you start encouraging others to get it. How 'bout you do that first. And if you don't develop a form of HIV, say, after two years, then maybe I'll think about it 

I will be in line as soon as I can. Thanks for your concern.

Edited by Bouncing Bill